It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i'm still banking on it being the star Capella. for the times you all gave, Venus would have been below the horizon. Capella is a very bright star, and it would be in about the location you suggested.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
According to this site, the brightest stars in the sky are: Procyon, Sirius, and Canopus. Fomalhaut is the brightest star in the West. So either those or Saturn or Venus.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Venus doesn't rise until well after 3 AM, and even then it's still low on the horizon; Saturn doesnt't rise until almost sunrise.

Venus doesn't rise until almost 4 AM; Saturn doesn't rise until almost sunrise.

EDIT: i just sort of approximated on the coordinates of montana and new jersey.

[edit on 8/3/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
just a little update on this. I have been keeping an eye on this "star" when ever it is clear out. It has been visible up until thursday night. As of last night it was gone.

cdrmkeenkid, thank you for taking the time to try to plot out what I could be seeing. I really appreciate it.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by KILLCREEK]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I been seeing this 'star' for well over a month now around 3-3:30 AM in Mass on my way home.

I actually had to pull over and look at it for well over 30 minutes woundering what it was.

It seemed to get bigger from 1 week to the next, but then it stopped.

It it huge looking...... at least 10 times bigger than any other star in the night sky here.

Odd thing is, one night it wasn't there.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Recently I have seen a "new" star/planet myself. I came on to search for posts about it; it is now about 7:37 p.m. I saw it around 7:00pm EST. The first time I noticed it was about 2 months prior (Dec/Jan?). I am on the East Coast, can't say what area of the sky N,S,E,W, etc. but this is not the first time. This is not a "tonight Venus will be visible to the naked eye" type thing.
This star/planet is superbright and is larger in size than any planet or star I have ever seen in my life. So much so that it's light even breaks trhough cloud cover.

May make a new post, but waiting for response...
[edit on 20-2-2009 by Cheroqui]

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Cheroqui]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join