It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Craft photographed clearly at 180 miles up - NASA.gov website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I saw a video from another thread and now I can't find the thread ANYWHERE after quite a bit of searching, for the author please add yourself a pat on the back and a link! The following thread is a detailed follow up on one picture from a video in that thread. Here's a link to the video: NASA * UFOs/ OVNIS * High Resolution Image Proof - MUST SEE!

I focused on ONE picture for several reasons:
It is from, and still available on, a NASA .gov website.
We know the details of how the picture was taken
There is no possible way it is an earth-made craft that has ever been made public.

I'm a Psychologist so I want to address something before I show the pic... the picture was taken at 185 miles up in the sky. Typical jets we have can only go to around 13-17 miles maximum altitude... so even though the object in the picture looks similar to a fighter jet and your mind may instinctively say it's a fighter jet... it IS NOT a fighter jet because we can clearly see the object is not 160+ miles away from the camera at time of the photograph.

Here's the picture:

Here's a direct link to nasa.gov (click the ftp address in the link):
Johnson Space Center / NASA.gov STS-088

According to this wiki page STS-088 orbited at 185 miles above earth.

Here's a 400x size of the object:

So we have an obvious craft of some kind at 185 miles out. It is not a manmade craft as far as any of us can tell because we don't have typical small black craft that can go into orbit. It appears to have lights or engines, and due to the angle of the sun to the object these are indeed lights or light-sources and not a reflection.

so what is it??

edit on 15-5-2011 by Thermo Klein because: typo

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looks like superman in a black costume.

btw this was already posted.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
How about it being the X-34? or 37, whatever, the new secret US space plane/rocket..But, it is only good for 87 miles high though...

probably a new "X" model we weren't told about....
edit on 15-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!

It's a thermal blanket. There's at least three threads already...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthysceptic
ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!

It's a thermal blanket. There's at least three threads already...

could you link them?

and why does a thermal blanket have lights on it, and floating at 180 miles?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Looks like superman in a black costume.

btw this was already posted.

If this has been posted, please provide a link to the thread and don't just leave an off topic post saying "been posted".

Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
btw, just found the elusive thread where I saw the video. Since it was focused on the video and not the aspects of this one pic I believe both should remain open.

Thanks Newbomb Turk for thread and great video: NASA High Resolution Image Proof of UFOs/ OVNIS.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wow some fantastic photos and for once incredible quality and not some 320x240 zoomed and pixelated

Gona try and convince some friends with this

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
btw, just found the elusive thread where I saw the video. Since it was focused on the video and not the aspects of this one pic I believe both should remain open.

Thanks Newbomb Turk for thread and great video: NASA High Resolution Image Proof of UFOs/ OVNIS.

Thanks

Thread is closed. Please add thoughts to this existing one

new topics

top topics

join