It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is wrong with the time the sunsets??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Maybe something is changing humans as oppose to the earth changing, I did notice I think it was yesterday evening at about 9pm and it was light outside (I am in the Southern UK)

Maybe as human beings we are becoming more aware of our environment??

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Maybe the large earthquakes that we have had has shifted the earth's axis and wobble just enough for us to notice through the sunrise/sunset times.

Instead the quake shifted what's called Earth's figure axis, an imaginary line around which the world's mass is balanced, about 33 feet (10 meters) from the north-south axis.

But for the Japan earthquake, the change in Earth's wobble was more than twice as large as those calculated for the 2004 and 2010 events.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Another thread about the sun being different

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
They said it was ice melt that caused it because the melting horizon was so much lower this year, pure bullsh*t.

Why is that '"pure bulls*"?

Because the amount of ice melt required to cause this in one season, for the first time, would be staggering and would be a global catastrophy,

Yes, well, perhaps you are unfamiliar with the myriad documented evidence showing the extent of the melting in that region is indeed a 'staggering global catastrophe'.

But putting all that aside, what do you think is the reason for that phenomenon?

I am fully aware of the ice melt as it has been well documented, my favorite coverage comes from National Geographic magazine. I am also fully aware that I mis-spelled catastrophe and you were kind enough not to point that out.

My theory?
Earth's orbit has changed and it will become more obvious in the coming months. I don't think it's reptoids or Mayans or Nazi's, it's just the way things are.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Well, some old inuit men agree with you, even if I dont.

Even stranger is the fact that the sun now appears to set many kilometres off its usual point on the horizon, and the stars are no longer where they should be. Is the Earth shifting on its axis, causing the very look of the sun and stars to change?

These are the drastic conditions Northern Canadians, whose lives depend from childhood on their knowledge of the most minute details of the Arctic land and skies, say they see all around them. These observations by Inuit elders are detailed in a groundbreaking new documentary, Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change, by acclaimed Nunavut filmmaker Zacharias Kunuk (The Fast Runner, The Journals of Knud Rasmussen) and environmental scientist Ian Mauro.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Still, the Inuit insist they see changes in the sun’s course and the position of the stars in the night sky. “These elders, when they were growing up, they were told to go out every morning, before having anything to eat. They were told to go out at the age of 5 every morning to observe the weather,” Kunuk says. “So when they started talking about the sun and the sunset, I was puzzled too. Everywhere I went, each community, I was getting the same answer: The sun does not settle where it used to. I mean, it [causes] alarm.”

The scientific explanation is that the warming Arctic air is causing temperature inversions, which in turn cause the light of the sunset to refract so that the sun appears to be setting a few kilometres off-kilter. “There is so much garbage in the air, it’s refraction that’s causing our elders to think our world has tilted,” Kunuk says. But the filmmakers don’t include that scientific explanation in the film, nor any other comments from the scientific community. Instead, the film deals strictly with the elders’ observations and their belief that they have no control over climate change and they simply have to adapt.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have been thinking the exact same thing. Then considering my age..
So I am damn glad you brought this up. Now i need to do some research.

I do know that last spring on the 'sunrise' festival at the northernmost town in the world the sun rose an hour 'earlier' and sank and hour 'later'. That was because so much of the ice had melted that the horizon is actually lower than it had ever been.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

This was fully documented video taped and studied as this solstice celebration is a HUGE deal to these people who live most of their lives in the dark.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9

I do know that last spring on the Solstice festival at the northernmost town in the world the sun rose an hour 'earlier' and sank and hour 'later'. That was because so much of the ice had melted that the horizon is actually lower than it had ever been.

I'm sure it was just an error due to your age
but I suspect you mean Equinox, not Solstice, as Equinox is in Spring and Solstice is Summer.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the sun nor the time it sets not twilight.

In 35 days, we will reach the summer solstice...here in NC, the sun has been setting around 815pm...normal, it will be getting dark in about 35 days around 9pm...again normal for summer.

Then, sadly...the days will start shortening as summer works slowly to it's close.

I farm...as such, I always look at the weather and sun and the Farmer's Almanac... "same as it ever was"

I suggest a refresher on astronomy, earth tilts and orbits, seasonal cycles... heck, just read the Farmer's Almanac.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Yep probably my declining years.. or it could be 'tequila till two' party from last night.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Man that was crazy, they even named my city as one that would be under ocean haha, Halifax. That would be a verry different Earth indeed.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

Ok this is strange I'm no youngster and have lived enough to know that the sun does not set at 9:00 pm until well into summer towards the end in fact. I remember cause we used to play outside back then and had to come in at dark. So when I noticed this year is quite different. I went to the farmers almanac website and searched. I found their records seem to be just duplications that cannot be correct. Also there was a video on the subject that had been removed. Are the poles shifting and they don't want us to be aware? Are people so programmed that they don't question anything?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I m going through a bit of something that strikes me really odd and kind took me awhile to realize. First let me say i cant find any info on it online or in the papers and no other social sites and whatnot. This site is the first ive come across so far with anything to do on this subject. And you guys noticed it last May. Well its Dec2012 and im really noticing that Sun is going down @ 3-3:30pm. I live on the east coast of USA. Its just really crazy because growing up and until recently..the Sun would normally be out until 6..im not sure but i think it started setting around 5-5:30 usually. Its 4:03pm and i have to turn on the lights in my apt because its getting really dark. Scary Times!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join