It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is wrong with the time the sunsets??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I live here in the Valley of the Sun and I have noticed the past few days at least that (especially since my PC sits near the window & I look out of it periodically) the last vestiges of light don't disappear until at least 2000 hrs give or take a few.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What an astonishing thread. The replies are a real eye opener to the reactions and beliefs of people here on ATS. So if the sun has changed and only people here on ATS have noticed this means that there is a global cover-up by EVERY government in the world and EVERY news channel in the world and EVERY weather forecaster in the world and EVERY amateur astronomer in the world.............what complete total and utter nonsense.

To everyone believing something has changed you are now victims of your own mind playing tricks and making you exaggerate your memories. Classic stuff, recognise it and don't fall for it again.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Go to this link Sunrise Sunset Tables . Click your state, then your town, or one closest to you if it's not there. Bingo Bango you have your accurate sunrise and sunset table. Even gives moon info too!!

Quit worrying things are normal.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

A lot of people notice a lot of things everyday but for one reason or another never say anything about it. They may think they have made a mistake. They may fear being called crazy. There is a lot of reasons they may never say anything about it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
jeez, the only responce I can think of is:
"Nancy is that you?"

I though Nancy ( two suns in the sky, the sun is in the wrong place, ) Leader was
ummm
unto different things these days
finally...
zeta talk over

I sail
if the sun were in the wrong place
so would be all the sailors in the world who use sun shots
and they arn't
edit on 16-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I suspect threads like this are a product of people having poor memories and not really being very observant with the outside world. No, the days are not any longer this year than they were last year.

here's a handy tool: www.almanac.com...

For those of you saying "zOMG! It's still light after sunset!!' That is called twilight, and it is a normal occurrence.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.sci.fi...

edit on 16-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
reply to post by malcr

A lot of people notice a lot of things everyday but for one reason or another never say anything about it. They may think they have made a mistake. They may fear being called crazy. There is a lot of reasons they may never say anything about it.

Yes, but what is on display here is people confusing a broad 'sunset time' for the entire east coast with the end of light in West Virginia. The sun set and the end of light re two different things, and the days are longer depending on how far north or south you are. This is all very basic earth science, peoples.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Oh please. Sum people can be so naive.... Nothings wrong. There enough stuff on the net about anomalies with the sun and the moon and the nature of our earth... Oh yes we probably never noticed the sun was always this bright and strong, and the fact that I have read papers saying the sun is burning differentely. The moons shadow rotating through the night to the right is probably something we never noticed either (NOT). The 320 tornados in America in a 24 hour period is just something we probably never noticed before, Oh and Hawaii suffering 41,000 lightening strikes in 24 hours, and many people dying in China because they got caught in a hail storm, Oh and all the earthquakes too... In there thousands. Just have a look at the earthquake overview for the last week.

OH.. Everything is normal, We just never noticd before

Oh and out of the 16 super volcanos in the world 5 have been showing activity since Febuary this year. Thats without all the other smaller volcanos kicking off.

I could go on and on. WAKE UP

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

ok thats not funny cause just yesterday I dozed off (for about 3 hours), when I woke up it was 7:50pm, and I thought I had slept through the night and it was AM.... I went downstairs to get a coffee and realized it was after dinner time - I just kept sayin "seriously? its seriously daylight? its not morning?" - strangly though, within 15 minutes it was completely dark outside .... I know this for sure cause I was still walking around the house looking out the windows and saying to the family.. like... "now its night? you're kidding right?"

P.S. yes I think I just happened to notice it because I fell asleep - I dont necessarily think the time or sun is "off"
edit on 16-5-2011 by Forevever because: sometimes I have after thoughts

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I'm noticing this too. It stays light out much longer now, unusual for this time of year.
My cat is loving it because he can play outside longer

weird, My cat only likes nights like it's master... maybe that is the problem aswell but wh knows, I am thinking the same thing.

weird things going on... whiter sun bright, my ADHD going worse... can only stay awake at night forget the day, but then sometimes i go 48 awake and sleep 14... so who knows maybe I am the problem.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

It seems like all of WV is mountains. The sun will set at different times depending on what mountain is in front of it. I will check the times on the flat mesa.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Most people will never notice, they are the same who have never seen any contrails, never saw the day moon,
never saw an odd star moving... they know stuff from the public fool system. they will never look for them selfs.
Because it's public knowledge.

Always question tptb, they fool us.

I always have found it odd that the universe is expanding, but we can set our clock to the minute, wich means
the sun is never further away then it is. maybe the universe is expanding...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You're only a month from the summer solstice. These are among the longest days of the year.

Nothing wrong with the sunset anywhere I've seen.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You can go to weather.com, type in you zip to see your area, then click on 10 day outlook, then scroll down and click on averages, and set it to daily averages to see the exact time the sun is supposed to set. Where I am, the sun sets at 7:56 today.

So go to the website, get your setting time for the day, then go outside and watch for yourself. Everything seems fine over here where I live.

Because of my job, I have had to track sunset times for years because I do my work during the last 3 hours of sunlight. I've not noticed any sudden changes, and I pay attention to sunset times more than most people.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Not this again... If something changed, then it would change all across the planet and cause havoc with astronomy software and similar that relies on the exact positioning of stars.

I myself live right south of arctic circle and there has been absolutely no change here..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
the sunrise and sunset times dont change much from year to year...seconds is what I refer to as not much.

many hunters will be in tune with this becuase many hunts start at sun up and end at sun down.

The winter equinox will have you done with your hunt at about 4:45 in the after noon as it is the day with the shortest amount of light. but htere is still another 20-30 minutes of available light in which a person has more than enough light to make to take game.

Move that day out one month into lat January and there is close to 45 minutes worth of available light.

Always has been and hopefully always will be this way.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is going to be like the compass post where a bunch of people will observe incorrectly and assume that the sun is in fact off.....

But its not....Nothing unusual has changed. It is being measured within a 100,000th of a second and nothing unusual is going on.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
What an astonishing thread. The replies are a real eye opener to the reactions and beliefs of people here on ATS. So if the sun has changed and only people here on ATS have noticed this means that there is a global cover-up by EVERY government in the world and EVERY news channel in the world and EVERY weather forecaster in the world and EVERY amateur astronomer in the world.............what complete total and utter nonsense.

To everyone believing something has changed you are now victims of your own mind playing tricks and making you exaggerate your memories. Classic stuff, recognise it and don't fall for it again.

Even though I do not believe there is anything abnormal occurring with the sun as posted in this thread, I would not go so far as to ridicule what someone else has posted. Your sarcasm is demeaning.

However, in line with the OP topic, I experienced a local phenomenon which was very interesting.

I lived in SE Kansas at the time and worked for the fire department. It was in July and the sun had already set. Lights out for the station was normally 22:00 hrs. This night we had made a fire run and had just finished resetting the apparatus (trucks, equipment, etc). The time was about 23:30 hrs. That's when we noticed that it was getting brighter outside. The night became day and lasted about 45 minutes. It wasn't as bright as when the sun is out, and brighter than twilight. It was more like a very hazy day or, if you have ever experienced one, like a total eclipse. Like someone had dimmed the sun. We all made comments about it such as, "who turned the sun back on", and "Oh no, the world is coming to an end", etc. and then went up to bed. I watched for news for this strange phenomenon that occurred, but alas, nothing was said, so I went to my local library.

What occurred that caused the night to turn to day? Short answer, it was the sun reflecting off the bottom of a cloud formation at just the right time and angle to illuminate our small area, approximately 3-4 square miles.

Even though this was an abnormal occurrance from our perspective, it was easily explained through natural phenomenon.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
Most people will never notice, they are the same who have never seen any contrails, never saw the day moon,
never saw an odd star moving... they know stuff from the public fool system. they will never look for them selfs.
Because it's public knowledge.

Always question tptb, they fool us.

I always have found it odd that the universe is expanding, but we can set our clock to the minute, wich means
the sun is never further away then it is. maybe the universe is expanding...

I'm sorry, but this is the wrong bandwagon to jump on.

I'm a navigational officer on commercial ships. Part of my job is to use astronomical observations to ascertain the vessel's position. As a professional, I'm fairly good at it. As a professional I cross-check my work where possible (in the GPS age, this is essentially the main reason for doing celestial sights. To check GPS is working) by comparison with GPS and observational data such as horizontal sextant angles and bearings to fixed objects. Time is a crucial element of all calculations. If the time is off, the positioning is off, and that becomes very, very obvious when you cross check your positions.

If you really wanted, the UKHO could supply you with a nautical almanac for the year 2020 (or any given year). Astronomical phenomena follow patterns that have been observed and recorded for millennia.

As for the expanding universe. I'm pretty sure that is a well accepted scientific theory. The nub lies in the sheer size of the universe. In comparison to the entirety of the universe and the rate of expansion, the distance between us and our star may as well be zero. On cosmic scales we are on top of each other. I doubt expansion of the universe even over millions of years could account for a variation of our orbit of more than a few seconds.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maybe the earth is just tilting a little more/quickly than normal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join