It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Get The Nation, To Go On Strike?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I agree, with all off what you're saying, JBG. My intention,for this thread, is not to collapse the system. Just to have a movement, so large, that TPTB will shake and tremble a little bit. Fear mongering, flipped on them if you will. Peacefully, But huge. Like baby Tuna, in the sea that stick together to make a huge mass, for security/protection.
One voice, one Highly organized unit. Will it ever happen?! That's, one point of this thread, to see other peoples prospective. And it don't look good.

I appreciate, your contribution, to this topic. And I dig ,your vibe, I can feel the energy you have on such a subject, through your post.

cheers

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

Atlas shrugged is a blueprint for this very thing. It is a large daunting book but you can find a cliff notes summary online.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Thanks 5, for the information, Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Ill be sure to read more on it tonight.
From what, I briefly read, It's very interesting.

cheers

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by Skewed

Why would they want to?

How about expecting a level of fair taxation? Have the rich pay their fair share of taxes?

If everyone, rich and poor, small business and large corporations, all paid their fair share of taxes.. the western world would be in a much better situation.

In the USA, the top 2% already pay 46% of all the taxes and never get a thank you. Tax 'fairness' is if you earn any amount of income, everyone pays the same percentage without exceptions or adjustments. There are 100 million workers here (those earning up to $50,000 per year with a family of four) who pay ZERO income taxes . TIME TO START TAXING THE "POOR" SINCE THEY GET ALL OF THE BENEFITS.

If we use the USA minimum wage as a guide line ($9.00 per hour=$18,720/year), taxing 10% from $20,000-$50,0000 per year will generate about an additional $70 billion per year. In addition, no welfare family should get from the government more than 70% of this amount combined (or $13,104) to make sure that there is an incentive to get back to work or make alternate living arrangements to save costs. Current welfare recipients can receive $23,000 a year in government benefits while NOT WORKING, more than working at minimum wage, so no incentive to work! No additional funds for additional children while on welfare, mandatory disclosure of the father so that the government can make them pay for support.

I'm real tired of those of you who think that the money 'rich' people have is somehow yours via the government because that is just communism. Other people's money is not yours for the taking. Are you jealous that somebody else is smarter than you and figured out how to make money? We gave you free education and you choose to waste your time and play video games instead of learning how to design video games which pays $150,000 per year. I'm not rich but I'm working hard to get there. I just got a raise and 50% went to the government so they can use it to buy the votes of stupid people like you. I'm tired of paying for the takers of society, our county was founded based on everyone taking care of themselves and their families. It use to be embarrassing to ask for help, now it is demanded and expected.

Corporations are not suppose to pay taxes since profits and paid out to the corporations owners (stockholders) and they pay the taxes. What, you now want double taxation? already double taxation after you die and you pay taxes again. Almost every working person has a 401k savings program which is based in stocks so taxing corporations just means you will get less, government will get more money to waste.

Want the government to have more money, then get rid of the 15 million illegal aliens who cost the state and federal government $300 billion per year (76% of the illegals are getting government funds, 7 million illegals have jobs while 17 million US Citizens are out of work, 50% of the illegals are not working and just hanging around.

So its wrong for the government to take money from the rich and give it to the poor but its quite alright for the rich to take profits made by the poor and use it on themselves, on gigantic yachts and thousand dollar champagne?

Personally, I'm sick of people thinking that the rich "made" these profits. Its us...the poor who make profits for the rich. So stop blaming the poor for the problems that the rich perpetuate year after year after year. If the rich were so honorable theyd give the profits back to the people that made them...and no salary/slave wages do not cut it when CEOs are collecting absurd profits. Absurd profits during a "recession" by the way. The rich are the parasites, the rich are the ones "just hanging around" except they wear suits and collect millions in the process.

But I'm with you on a straight flat tax across the board, no loopholes, no subsidies, no "incentives". One percentage for everyone, rich and poor, no questions asked.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

I have said for a long time if people want change. The best thing to do is do nothing. Stay home and do nothing. I believe most people need a quiet time and short vacation. Groups have done this before but not across the nation. I guess we all could get blue flu?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I believe, If we all would shut down/stop for a month.
The Government would listen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join