It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Get The Nation, To Go On Strike?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
MODS: I'm not sure it this fits here move at will, thanks.

Hey ATS. I have a question. How can we all go on strike? Can it be pulled off? Everyone, working stop! All business, small or other wise, stop! Stand up and tell our Government, we are done! Is this a pipe dream, I have? Can something like this get through to the masses? I have been day dreaming, about this, since I was a teenager.

How would they react? Would we, be heard? I, think we would. I'd, love to hear, from the great minds out here on ATS.

Thanks,
c2
edit on 15-5-2011 by C21H30O2I because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It would never work.

There are so many unemployed people, that even if you got half the nation to stop working, those spots would be immediately filled by the desperate.

Besides, if the whole country went on strike, how would we get our TV shows, internet, and precious fast food?

You'd have better luck getting people to riot. They'd see it as an opportunity to go looting.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It worked before? IF your serious about denying ignorance here's your chance

OR

Continue to buy the candy they're selling

edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

Good luck finding support on ATS for direct action.

Unconventional protests is how this world will change, like a wild fire disclosure is spreading through the internet. With you being here is proof. So spread the word of Disclosure through facebook and the likes and there will be no need for direct action such as strikes.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I didn't think about loosing my Internet. That changes everything now lol.
Thanks for the reply, This is what I wanted brutal honesty, with the opinions provided.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Thanks for the comment, I didn't want to start this movement, just the thoughts of others on the subject.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
this fight must be fought with unconventional means

peaceful protests do not work anymore obviously

the fight is right here...on the internet

internet activism seems to be the new trend and it seems like the battles are being fought as I type

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
When people feel that what you're fighting for is more valuable than what they have. That is no easy sell. People are comfortable in jobs that don't pay enough, with their television at home, internet at their finger tips, fast food in the drive-thru. We live simple lives, unsatisfying for many. It's not enough for people to be unhappy to do anything about it. I don't think most people have the expectation of being happy as so many settle for less.

People will feel they have more to lose than gain, thus mobilizing a population is next to impossible.

Give them a reason, they'll be there.

As mentioned, with social-networking sites exploding, anybody with an internet connection is the media. The possibility exists. If the mass media is used as a tool to control, others can be used to activate in spite of these attempts.

But what is the cause that is people are going to get people to respond?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I know you dident fella, the way things work here is that if you suggest direct action in any form the lurkers will pounce on you like a dog to a gravey soaked sponge and tear you to shreds.

Some times its needed but some times its kinder to point out the flaws and show an alternative.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by topsykrets89

I agree, peaceful protests is done. Thanks for you input, Cant wait to hear what others have to say on the subject. It would be nice tho, no? One voice it would have to work if everyone stopped... they'd trip i bet

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

I know about the lurkers. Been here a long time 6 yrs now. thx for your input brother.
peace

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think you are on the right track here, but I would rather see everyone go on strike by not paying their taxes. People still need to work in order to pay bills and feed their family. A much better way of telling the government to go screw themselves would be for everyone to go about business as usual but cut the government out of the action. What would they do...arrest 150 million people for tax evasion?!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

There are non-criminal ways to go about it.

Our entire system runs on our compliance. It runs on our agreement to be good mice and continue running on our wheel. What if we stopped running?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsykrets89
this fight must be fought with unconventional means

peaceful protests do not work anymore obviously

the fight is right here...on the internet

internet activism seems to be the new trend and it seems like the battles are being fought as I type

Internet activism is about as effective as screaming at your TV.

We wont see real change until the government does something extremely bad, even worse than now. Only then will everyone collectively say "ENOUGH"... and then the ball will be rolling.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

The cause? Well, could be the whole lot. Pick any problem and start there. Better health benefits, less work hours a week, I hear, we our behind other country's on that, and vacation time, lower military budget, more funds for entitlements, ect.. just looking for thoughts on this subject This is great, thanks for the input, this is just what I was looking for, all sorts of takes on the sub

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think, Thomas Jefferson, said it best. Every generation needs a new revolution.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

When I scream at the television, it doesn't listen.

If I speak on Facebook, I've got 800 friends who listen. If I speak on Twitter, I've got over 1,000 followers who listen.

So no, internet activism is not the same as screaming at your television. Social media has evolved to the point where it is the avenue for a lot of activism. Those that don't use it in this form just don't understand that yet. But because we don't understand it doesn't mean that it is not the case.

Look at recent issues around the world with Iran & Egypt. Twitter played a HUGE role in the world's response.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I agree, Adyta
edit on 15-5-2011 by C21H30O2I because: edit spell

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Let's just wait until these wars bankrupt the government and we collapse naturally, like the Soviet Union did 20 years ago back in 1991.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why would the masses even want to? They have everything they need, twitter, fb, smartphone, internet; everything an individual could ever want, the masses are content. Take those away and there might be a chance to break free from the corporate slave wages that lock them in fear of losing health coverage.

I have tried to come up with ideas for years and nothing I have ever thought of would work, the problem, lack of a common goal.

However, IF, something could be found that exposed wrong doing on a massive scale that literally affected the entire population then there may be a chance. Until something is found that will strike a nerve to the majority of the masses then there would be chance.

I do not condone or advocate it, but ultimately I think Tyler Durden had the right idea with project mayhem. People are either so content being told what to do and the "protections" of doing so, they will not let go of that illusion to step up to the plate. It all boils down to fear of losing something that they do not even have to begin with.

What ever the idea would be, it will have to be something unorthodox to get the attention of the sheep. The bad thing about it is, the answer is simple and right in front of our faces, but we just do not see it.

I do not know what the answer is, but I know it is right in front of us. The only other idea is to just speed up the inevitable and get them at their own game, increase the spending even more, create more burdens anything that would force TPTB to spend more money that they do not have. I do not know, maybe everyone going on welfare for just long enough to break the camels back. And I am even adamently opposed to welfare, but if that is what it took to start making things topple then so be it.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join