It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zen and UFO's, a simple story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
years ago I was really into ufo's, like anyone on this message board. It was a fasinating mystery to me, as with all of you no doubt. I used to scan the sky, really frequently, to see if I would catch a gimpls of anything unusual..even a tiny glint in the distance would make me wait around to see if I could see more.
of course as the saying goes "a watched pot never boils".
So it seems to be that either aliens or soemthing other then human piloted crafts, know that we are looking for them and delibratley dont show up or that they simply dont exist.
Well I cant really say why, boredom I guess..but down the line i lost intrest in UFO's and really forgot all about them..during this period I was not thinking much about anything.
Then one night Im in my backyeard with my brother and I see a white ball, like a massive star except more like a quarter size of the moon.
So I says to my brother , "what do you reckon that is?"
he hadnt a clue and we watched it as my brother smoked his cigarette.
the ball of bright white then morphed at medium speed into a cigar shape and then back to a ball and so on for several minutes..so definatley not a typical aircraft anyhow and all the time stationary in the one spot.
it looked like it was about a mile up in the sky and maybe..its an estimate but about 10 miles in the distance.
You could get a general feel how far off it was anyhow.
So bearing all this in mind it must have been bloody huge.
now the funny thing is, this event didnt make me feel like I had expected at all..it didnt make me feel excieted or anything.
thats the wierdest part...Im standing looking at something very unusual and it didnt take a fizz out of me nor my brother.
We watched it for a while and went back indoors.
looking back i still cant figure out why i didnt watch it longer to see if it took off into space or even get a camera from somewhere.
recently i got into ufo's again though boredom really and even though i scan the sky again...I know I wont see anything until i dont care about seeing something.
I have come to the conclusion that whatever UFO's are that they can detect conciousness and thoughts..and possibly only appear when they know a person is ready, not to freak out...I dunno, but im non the wiser anyhow as to what UFO's are and why they appear at all as seeing one doesnt give you any answer. What do you think?
edit on 15-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by splitlevel

I feel there could be a lot of substance to your claim.

I sit outside and look into the sky at night as a smoke a cig, I'll see random lights, I dunno what they are, but i've noticed if i sit and try and watch, nothing interesting ever happens. But if i sit there with no thoughts, i tend to see flickers of lights and the such.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Around this time I had another experience but as there was no whitness I cant substanciate it...but anyway..
i was walking home alone one night and the streets were empty..other than the odd car passing..
as I walked up this hill lined with billboards, out of the corner of my eye, i could see a transparrent but dull, kinda foggy ball, like football sized, floating along on top of the billboards. i kept on walking but turned my head to look at it full on and it definatley was a ball, not a balloon shape..but you could see through it and it was bobbing along the top of these billboards, apparently following me for a little while, maybe a few meters or maybe more until I saw it anyhow, but it then drifted off into the distance after I looked dead on at it.
Again this didnt bother me at all...and again Im baffled as to why...because if the same thing happened now id cr4p my pants.
Anyone have similar experience of not being afraid, when they would be normally be?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Seen similar things but was always quite excited at first! And the joke is i used to wonder if they could respond to our thoughts too! Couldnt tell you for sure though! You'll only get scared when you see the lights in your bedroom, feel the heat hit your head and become paralysed for a moment! Now that is scary! Believe me!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliciaJacob
Seen similar things but was always quite excited at first! And the joke is i used to wonder if they could respond to our thoughts too! Couldnt tell you for sure though! You'll only get scared when you see the lights in your bedroom, feel the heat hit your head and become paralysed for a moment! Now that is scary! Believe me!

Well the bedroom lights...i dunno if this qualifies.
but again years ago...and again during roughtly the same maybe 3-5 year time period.
I regularry woke up in the middle of the night where it was like someone set off a camera flash, except brighter right infront of my closed eyes.
this happend quiet a lot but didnt bother me either.
I looked up this effect and a lot of things can apparently cause it, including brain tumor, well id be dead years ago if it was that but I practiced zen meditation often in this time period but never got the white flash during meditation only when i was asleep...so again I dunno, but i can write it off as something medical, but still wierd.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
the last thing I had happen was about 2 years ago. Again cant substanciate this either and may well be a logical explination anyhow but...
I was asleep in a new house, in a rural location. A loud humming noise, woke me up in the early hours...like 4am or something like that.
now this noise got a lot louder and was defiatley comming from outside and above, definatley like something was slowly comming over the roof and passing over, within maybe a few feet of the roof, had the place slightly vibrating.
it wasnt an engine..and it was basically right above the roof and very loud for a minute. this must have freaked me out a bit, but I cant remember if i was too scared to go look out the window or if i was too knackered, but i went to sleep again no problem, so that would indicate that yet again i wasnt too bothered.

could there be some technology to jam peoples fear even?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Haha, was wondering where the zen came into your story, but if you just watched it and didn't really feel anything, as if it was just normal in a way, that's pretty zen. S&F.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
is this a story or experience?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodgood
is this a story or experience?

uh...well...they are real stories.
i was just curious if anyone else has not reacted to seeing a ufo as they would normally have expected to. as in no shock, suprise or fear.
edit on 16-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The first UFO siting I had I was flustered and excited and confused, then as I saw them more not so much, then I just stopped caring even when my friends are all hey we see a UFO,I'm just like Oh another one .

I guess all I wanted was somebody else to see them too.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Sounds like an airplane with its landing lights on, traveling in your direction (appearing stationary). Just my thoughts.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Sounds like an airplane with its landing lights on, traveling in your direction (appearing stationary). Just my thoughts.

no..wasnt that...i lived over flight path and know what your talking about but wasnt that...like i said was stationary for 10+ minutes and was there when I walked back indoors, and it continually changed shape...also it was a distinct bright ball shape that changed to clear and distinct cigar...you could see it was an object against the night sky..like a full moon except a quarter the size..a bright white object ..not a hazy light or set of lights.
Basically it looked like a full moon on a clear night except a quarter the size and kept changing shape about ever 15 seconds. my guess is it was a cigar shape whitch slowly revolved, and i was seeing it lenght ways then from either end of it as it turned. making it appear to go from a tight ball into an oblong and back and forth. sound like a regular aircraft to you now?.
edit on 17-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by splitlevel

no..wasnt that...i lived over flight path and know what your talking about but wasnt that...like i said was stationary for 10+ minutes and was there when I walked back indoors, and it continually changed shape...also it was a distinct bright ball shape that changed to clear and distinct cigar...you could see it was an object against the night sky..like a full moon except a quarter the size..a bright white object ..not a hazy light or set of lights.
Basically it looked like a full moon on a clear night except a quarter the size and kept changing shape about ever 15 seconds. my guess is it was a cigar shape whitch slowly revolved, and i was seeing it lenght ways then from either end of it as it turned. making it appear to go from a tight ball into an oblong and back and forth. sound like a regular aircraft to you now?.

Sounds like the light refracting from the air, it's what causes light in the distance to flicker. Your perception isn't all that reliable, if it was truly so anomalous, why did you not try to investigate?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by splitlevel

Sounds like the light refracting from the air, it's what causes light in the distance to flicker. Your perception isn't all that reliable, if it was truly so anomalous, why did you not try to investigate?

Thats the pont of the thread.

top topics

join