It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im doing my part what about you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I believe this thread/topic is in the right forum section as im unrested and so should you be. This is not a rant but more of a im going to stand up and be accounted for. Just like I explained in my rant "one man can make a difference" but "many hands make light work".

Everyone of us that comes here wants to be part of getting the truth out and this is going to be a sure fire way to make a diffrence in people lives. This is the time for you as a individual to shine and do your part.

As i stated in my somethings got to change thread, I like to post snippits from ATS to my friends on my facebook wall.

Each day I will start a new thread in this forum about what im going to post on my facebook wall and I would ask you to do the same (strength in numbers). If you do not have FB then bebo, twitter, web-pages other forums, word of mouth etc, etc will surfice.

Each topic will be hand picked by me to poke the proverbial 'bear' that is 'humanity' into thinking. These topics will not be in any way picked to ensight violence but instead to make people think and search for the truth. All topics will be from the ATS forums as I believe that this site has voices from both sides of every arguement that dont bow down to peer pressure. Instead this site is a melting pot of every culture and creed in this world where all voices can be heard equally.

Everyone that comes here wants to be part of something special, wants to be part of disclosure, wants to help mankind, not see them subjected to slavery and most importantly wants to be part of the big picture.

So on that note todays topic I will be posting is Pakistan: The most dangerous country in the world? The propoganda machine is doing it again! originally posted by ugie1028.

I look forward to any feedback but I hope any criticism is constructive and not for the sake of it.

On one last note, I am well aware that Julian assange already said FB is an evil empire but I take him with a pinch of salt. Last time I checked he had a whole load of government secrets that he is hording and not letting anyone else look at. He is just as bad as TPTB by not disclosing infromation to the public than some poor man is in jail for. The least he could do is release them all, after all he promotes disclosure but keeps secrets.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

S&F for a great idea.
The only problem that I see is some folks may just block your posts and call you the "crazy conspiracy theory guy".
There are folks out there who would really prefer to turn a blind eye and push the inevitable as far back as they can.
My wife through years of my explaining things to her, telling her to watch for things, when she sees things happening she tells me, "You were right".
Weird, but sometimes I hate being right.
I told her that the county is laying off deputies and soon they will be looking for ways to generate revenue.
I told her that soon they would be driving up and down the street looking for reasons to write folks up.
Guess what happened not 2 months later,...
Alot of folks got citations for anything from unkept lawns to unregistered cars in the homeowners driveways.
But hey, I'm just "The conspiracy theory guy".

Or am I just someone who pays attention to the signs??
I think the latter personally.
There are sheep out there and be careful when you wake them.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I read your other post just to try to get a better handle on what you are talking about. You seem to be advocating some sort of action at a state level, but not a government level, though I'm having a hard time not equating the state with government. Other than "I'm mad and I'm not going to take it any more!" I don't see any specifics or quite understand exactly what you are advocating. Indeed, if you WERE advocating some sort of joint action, I suspect that would be against T&C and wouldn't last here. Just sayin'.

So, to your question of you doing your part and what about [the rest of us] I must say that this sort of question comes up frequently on ATS. Sometimes it comes off a little more strident, sometimes a little more specific, but the basic ideas is that person A is doing something against the system to "make it right/fair/better" and wonders why the sheeple aren't doing their fair share. Fair enough so far?

My answer is that if you do take action I may very well follow through with my own action, but it very likely will be to counteract whatever you want to do. I mistrust people with causes because causes tend to get away from people. A good example is the French Revolution. Inspired by what happened in America, who could not agree on liberty, equality, and fraternity? Such a noble cause turned into a bloodbath that killed thousands of innocent people and eventually turned inward and ate itself. The result? Napolean. The whole thing did not turn out well and they rarely do. You could use the Russian Revolution or the Cuban Revolution instead and what you wind up with is a bleakness and oppresiveness far worse that the original.

So I will be doing my part--to stop you. Count on it. But thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Great Idea! ...I'll follow your thread so that I can FB the same thing as well on the same day. I frequently FB topics that I deem of "conspiracy importance" anyway....so my family/friends already are aware of what to expect of me!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I read your post with great intrest and thank you for the S+F. I agree with you but this is where strength in numbers come in.

I will only post 1 topic a day on my FB page, something intresting and relevant to the days MSM. People that do not take it seriously will scroll past my link and read something else. If you have like most people I know 500+ friends and a handfull post the same comment up then you are more likely to take notice and have a quick read.

This approach needs strength in numbers and as yet I have not seen anyone try and take 'lead' so to speak and corral efforts in waking the masses.

I do not proclaim to lead anything , I have many questions like the rest of us but at least im trying to do something the rest of us all want to do and that is spreading the word of the alternative media and not the MSM tripe.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I thank you for your reply and I look forward to you keeping tabs on me. When I said the word "revolution state" it was just to pinpoint my fustrations, nothing more.

If you read on through the rest of my posts on that thread you will come to notice that I said, I do not support violence or protests but rather spreading the truth through the internet.

I have lurked these forums for over a year before signing up. My post to stars show that im not winging it. I come to the table with ideas, I come to the table with a pourpose to do what I can and if its simply posting a link on my FB page so be it.

The awakening of people needs to have someone in the backround pointing them to ATS and as I stated before iIam not emposing my self as one, im just going to post up on ATS what im going to post up on my facebook and people are able to make their own decision wether to do it or not.

I just wanted to add a little structure, something someone should have been doing a LONG time ago. I like to watch videos on alternative views , listen to the radio and generally lurk ATS. Every step of the way on any of these shows they promote books and speakers but do not promote how you as a civilian can get involved.

Posting a link of FB or any other site with the same principle is nothing to worry about, its a way of people getting linked together. I will say it one last time there is no need for war or protests the greatest weapon in man kind is the internet and free infromation, that is why we now see governments censoring the web.

Peace and love.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The problem is with all the infromation we are recieving I believe it has desentized us to everything we hear and see and in a bad way. We take in State murders on a mass scale (war on terriorists/drugs/oil) and merly say well at least its not me, condem it and move on.

Unless your English is worse than I think it is, you are pro-Terrorist and pro-Drugs?

You do know recruiting is not allowed on ATS, right? You are suggesting criminal acts correct? Not peaceful, lawful protest?

Please explain, your posts are pretty vague.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The problem is with all the infromation we are recieving I believe it has desentized us to everything we hear and see and in a bad way. We take in State murders on a mass scale (war on terriorists/drugs/oil) and merly say well at least its not me, condem it and move on.

Unless your English is worse than I think it is, you are pro-Terrorist and pro-Drugs?

You do know recruiting is not allowed on ATS, right? You are suggesting criminal acts correct? Not peaceful, lawful protest?

Please explain, your posts are pretty vague.

I am not recruiting anyone for anything, Im just letting the fellow patrons of ATS know what im doing.

What I am doing is posting 1 link per day on my FB page, of a topic I picked from this site no more no less and all I said was that i encourage people to do the same. Pick one story that means something to them or the topic I picked and post it on their FB page.

The topic I pick would not be to ensight violence but to make people think. Today's topic that I posted is above, it was either that or the "cancer cure" topic that was on ATS earlier.

I by no means am looking to recruit anyone, take anyone to a diffrent site or anything that would go against the T&C.

My beliefs are mine and my own when it comes to drugs, wars or anything else. Just as yours should be your own. I will however say that I have served in the UK's armed forces.

All I want in life is disclosure, a plot of land and the freedom to live a peaceful existance.

Im sorry if you misunderstood any of my grammar i have dyslexia and try my hardest to make sure everything is readable.
edit on 15-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: bad grammar

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
everybody does there part in life whether they realize it or not

we are all destined for something, yet what is up to you

I only hope that we can all choose a path that promotes a positive existence

that is all I could hope to do with my life and that is what I will "be doing"

top topics

join