It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen Camaro returned to owner after 36 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

NEWARK, NJ -- The New Jersey owner of a 1969 Chevy Camaro SS stolen nearly 36 years ago says she's in disbelief after the California Highway Patrol called to tell her they've recovered the car. Back in February, a Santa Maria man bought the car on Ebay from a private seller in Tennessee.

"I saw some video of it. It looked pretty good. It was quite eye catching," said Keith Williams.

When Williams first purchased the hot rod on Ebay, he didn't realize it was also a hot item.

"Initially, she thought is was a crank call and hung up on him a couple times," Johnes said.

"Being we're in New Jersey and this was recovered in California, I couldn't believe it, and I still can't believe it,

but I think it's just great!" said Janice Maffucci, the original owner.

The car had been stolen from the Post Office where her father worked 36 years ago.

The CHP says this is one of the oldest vehicle's it's ever recovered, possibly the oldest

www.kare11.com...

This story is amazing! Imagine that after 36 years! I'm kind of shocked myself I have never heard of this happening before. I wonder if they will be able to trace the car back to the person who stole it. That would be kind of cool. I tried looking for more reports like this one but I couldn't find anything. This can't be the first time this has happened though.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
wow thats amazing , seriously amazing..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
WOW, maybe there is hope for our law system after all, maybe. When I was 18 I had a 67 Camaro with a 327 in it at about 400hp. I got a ticket one time in it for 98mph, good thing they got us on the way home from drag racing lol It was lots of fun to say the least.

Did they catch the but head that stoled it?
edit on 15-5-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
WOW, maybe there is hope for our law system after all, maybe. When I was 18 I had a 67 Camaro with a 327 in it at about 400hp. I got a ticket one time in it for 98mph, good thing they got us on the way home from drag racing lol It was lots of fun to say the least.

Did they catch the but head that stoled it?

They are trying to follow the cars history back to the person who stole it. It will probably take a while. That is if they can even find the person. I hope they do. I'm not sure if he/she can be charged after this long though.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would love to have my camaro recovered. It was rear ended in front of my house at 7 am on a sat. No alcohol/drug test. She got away with murder.

top topics

join