It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Ringing through TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Not sure why I feel like this could be paranormal but I feel this is the best place to ask because something just creeped me out.

My cellphone was out in my truck just now and my TV in here made a noise very much like my ringtone (the TV has been acting weird all day. Going to the wrong channels, randomly switching and stuff)

Now what might have caused this?

Checking I did indeed miss a call.

Edit: False Alarm urg turns out my phone was closer to the TV than I thought meaning I might have just heard my phone ringing. Then again Im not sure.

Still has this happened to anyone before?

edit on 5/15/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sometimes before my phone rings, electromagnetic interference will cause sounds to come through whatever speakers are close by. It's happened at my computer and in a car, both on multiple occasions. This is the most likely explanation, if any sound was indeed coming through your speakers.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Yeah i experience this all the time with the tv and my stereo speakers which are close by. My bf's computer is right beside mine and i often can hear what seems to be the music being echoed out of my speakers.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Not speakers but
A long time ago anytime when the phone rang
it would mess with our touch lamp
Ring : gets bright
Ring: gets brighter
Ring: off
Ring: dim
repeat till some one answered.

Never found out why, but once we changed the phone to a different one
it stopped.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It happens to me as well, sometimes scares the crap out of me .. it comes through my stereo system before the phone actually rings.. it used to happen much more with my older phone, with my current phone it all depends on where it is in the house.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Not speakers but
A long time ago anytime when the phone rang
it would mess with our touch lamp
Ring : gets bright
Ring: gets brighter
Ring: off
Ring: dim
repeat till some one answered.

Never found out why, but once we changed the phone to a different one
it stopped.

That used to happen to me also! my neighbor was a truck driver and I guess he had a cb radio setup with an amplifier.. when he'd get on his radio it would cause my touch lamp to cycle through and my computer's mouse to jump around on the screen and randomly click .. before I realized what it was, that was pretty unsettling

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The OP has figured this out.

Closed.

top topics

join