It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prom dress made out of starbursts wrappers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In WI Karen Fry has been weaving starburst wrappers for 6 years. She created a prom dress, purse and shoes for her daughter. As well as a vest for her daughters date. The funny thing is the theme of thier prom is Candyland!

That is some serious dedication. Unless it is a severe case of OCD I guess. I thought it was a neat story either way. I can't say I would ever wear the dress myself but I suppose the kid felt obligated as her mother did make it for her. Especially since she spent 6 years and many failed attempts creating it.

Teen crafts dress with Starbursts wrappers

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

I like the part where her BF says "he had no choice"

The things we do these days.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by ucantcme

I like the part where her BF says "he had no choice"

The things we do these days.

Yes I got a kick out of that too. A true that moment
Although I would never make my boyfrriend wear something like that! Poor guy!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Man my mouth would be watering from the smell of starburst lol. That is a cool post OP. i love when people have original ideas like that

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah boyfriend was the best part, that was hilarious

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i think it's better that wasting $500 and more on a dress she'll only wear once. She certainly won't look like she came off a prom dress assembly line.

Maybe she'll get creative when it comes to seeing a $5,000 plus price tag on her wedding dress.

Then we'll see what the BF has to say (if it's him)
edit on 15-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
Man my mouth would be watering from the smell of starburst lol. That is a cool post OP. i love when people have original ideas like that

I agree! That was very creative. Anyone can have a great idea but not everybody can follow through with it. I wonder if they can even stand to eat them anymore.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Haha that is awesome. I remember making starburst bracelets and necklaces in school when I was younger but I would never have the patience to do something like that mom did...I would totally wear that dress and the shoes. I'm just kinda weird like that though lol

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow, the boyfriend is a tool.

Second line...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
hahah

her bf hahaha

he's like

THE SHAME IN MY EYES DEAR GOD DONT AIR THIS

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
That dress actually isn't so bad. I would wear it going with the 'candyland' theme.

I wonder if they picked the theme because of the dress? It can't be that much coincidence....

as for the bf, it only shows they are in a serious relationship otherwise he would be *gone* as fast as he could reach the front door

my hubby would never wear that!

new topics

top topics

join