It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 of the most bizarre buildings around the world.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

this is like amazing and yet crazy at a new level

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
With so much wrong with our world, its nice to give the ol' noodle a cleansing with something less grim and more intellectually engaging and interesting. Thank you for a better morning

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Great thread S&F!!

Here's a couple more cool ones

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79c37e2f7de6.jpg[/atsimg]

An apartment building in Japan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ffcb1e176cc.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 16-5-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Imagine what we could accomplish if we could throw off our shackles and work creatively together, using all the knowledge we possess, combined. S & F, OP.

That last picture has to be Photoshopped... Wow. Any other pics of that one, maybe different angles, or a website? That's too dangerous to live in...

Awesome thread!

edit on 16-5-2011 by jimnuggits because: Mental spell check...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This house "Krzywy Domek" in Sopot (Poland)

have already his new brother in Gdansk which is already not far from Sopot. In fact this is one agglomeration.
It is almost finished.

Not far from Gdansk in village Szymbark there is also other strange house often mentioned in internet sources.

edit on 16-5-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Love the solar furnace house! Being able to create your own heat from solar would be awesome. Probably not cost effective for the first 100 years though - I suspect the glass panels and collection plate costs would outweigh the ability to offset the electric costs, even with throwing stuff back on the grid. But pretty cool - I wish we had more of that going on in our cities.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

love house attack, and what does op stand for please
they are all very nice its like candy for the eyes.

edit on 16-5-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Come on, man. Thats Epcot Center! Admit it! =p

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well that's a fine collection you have guys some eye watering offerings I however wonder why nobody bothered to add the 'Coral Castle' in Florida? A mind bending building which was also the home of the it's creator. As I understand he made the complex structure himself.

I see no mention of the Pyramids and again some older architectural delights such as Stonehenge which are/were buildings ie, having a purpose. For myself at least the most bizarre buildings are those created from a shear rock/cliff face like the Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia and the Cappadocia Cave Houses, Turkey.

Smashing thread I am sure you guys have more to offer it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Come on, man. Thats Epcot Center! Admit it! =p

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
These places are mind-blowing. XD We actually drove past the Wonderworks house almost daily when we were on vacation in the Smokies, but I couldn't convince my parents to visit it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

thats a great signature
just love it

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
S+F for you OP! I've actually been to the Nord LB building (one of the less interesting buildings in this thread actually
) in Hannover two years ago

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Great post! Seen the russian gangster house pic.before, it fascinates me in a weird way, kind of contempary Brothers Grimm.
The Ferdinand Cheval Palace! What a building, built by a french postman no less!
Here is a Hobbit Hole, everyone must have a space in their heart for a Hobbit Hole(a recollection of the womb maybe)?

And an interesting Grimmesque Russian build

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Architect/Designer: Frank Lloyd Wright
Located: Mill Run, Pennsylvania
House Built Over Waterfall

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Great thread S&F!!

Here's a couple more cool ones

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79c37e2f7de6.jpg[/atsimg]

An apartment building in Japan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ffcb1e176cc.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 16-5-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

Holy scythe, both of them are incredible !!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Great thread op, i especially liked the stone house myself. Really shows when humanity puts its mind to something anything is possible.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Awesome thread man! I really like the upside down house. Heres a link to some pretty crazy tree houses they have always been pretty interesting to me too.

weburbanist.com...
edit on 16-5-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: found better link

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
As I have an interest in Houseboating I was searching for the more unusual styles of houseboat when I came across the buildings depicted here and many more. There really are some amazing homes. I really liked some of the tree houses I saw in my search and I suppose it comes from childhood memories but have to admit that I really like the hobbit house. I think it is truly sad how we as humans conform to some ideas of little square boxes to call our home when instead we could have such creative living spaces. This thought reminds me too of the way we dress and style our hair. I do really feel sad for people when they think there is something wrong with someone who dresses or lives different to the way they do. What a closed little box our society creates. We are capable of so much more. Well some of us anyway.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by philware
and what does op stand for please

Opening Post, but it can actually mean 2 different things. Sometimes, it means the actual person. So 'Helious' is the OP of this particular thread. Other times, it is just referring to the original, or actual opening comment, that Helious opened this thread up with.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join