15 of the most bizarre buildings around the world.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I had no idea the Taiwanese culture was so superstitious, it's a shame that these awesome dwellings never got to be used though. I am gonna dig around a little bit to see if I can find an info on the building related deaths, doesn't seem like a project that would be likely to cause deaths so It's very interesting.

P.S. I don't go into the ocean past my waste either but thats just because I'm convinced the second I do I will be swallowed whole by a great white shark, completely irrational and I know it yet I am still convinced it will happen lol

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I love the Russian one. It has a real 'Tim Burton' vibe about it.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by jude11

I had no idea the Taiwanese culture was so superstitious, it's a shame that these awesome dwellings never got to be used though. I am gonna dig around a little bit to see if I can find an info on the building related deaths, doesn't seem like a project that would be likely to cause deaths so It's very interesting.

P.S. I don't go into the ocean past my waste either but thats just because I'm convinced the second I do I will be swallowed whole by a great white shark, completely irrational and I know it yet I am still convinced it will happen lol

oohh...a Phobia!

Please share it here on one of my threads!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many have shared their phobias. Very interesting reading.

edit on 15-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticcuisinart
I love the Russian one. It has a real 'Tim Burton' vibe about it.

Thanks for sharing!

Haha, you know whats funny? That is the exact thing I thought about when I seen this structure. It obviously is not an engineering marvel but what it is is thought provoking and a work of art that stirs imagination, why was it built, for what? What is the nature of the building and who envisioned it?

Very interesting indeed, buildings are like people because they have been thought up and constructed by people, by understanding the art behind the structure we can start to understand the people behind them.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, nice buildings

There is one I was fascinated about, it's not far from where I was born.

picasaweb.google.com...

Called habitat 67
edit on 15-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Wow, nice buildings

There is one I was fascinated about, it's not far from where I was born.

picasaweb.google.com...

Called habitat 67
edit on 15-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

I will anchor the picture for you because you are right, this is fascinating, It is modern day society re creating structures from our most distant past and in doing that, marks a historical and very exciting design for modern development and design.

The same reason that clothing fashions keep making a circle in society is the same reason architectural structures reoccur in history, they remain relevant throughout time, if not just waiting for the time that people once again find the form attractive.

This is actually, the same basic structure that you could have seen thousands of years ago in many desert based societies and is very beautiful in it's own right.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I heard it was constructed so that every apartment would get access to a balcony without having someone on top to block the sun, I know it's possible to rent but I heard it's a bit hard to actually become a member has they have community aspects.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nice finds!
I've gotten to see UFO styles houses, a pyramid(Egyptian themed) house and a upsidedown(link of some upsidedown houses) houses in person. As well as architecture of downtown Seattle museums (EMP), etc.
The ones shown, top what I've seen! Since I'm a fan of weird or interesting architecture and as an artist.
edit on 15-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Any post on ATS that I make, my only motive is to stimulate a mind, so I am tickled by your interest. That and that exactly is what motivates me to post here. Thank you. )

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Nord LB building (Hannover, Germany)

the civil justice centre - manchester UK

is in a similar [ though more restrained style ]

image link

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Those are really cool.
I especially like the "Crooked House"

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
They are great designs.abstract buildings.The best one you missed out.Its located in sydney,Australia.Its a house shaped like a giant Flying Saucer.sorry i have not got a photo of the house but seen in on tv once when it was up for sale.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the photographs. Really interesting.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
along the same lines is
Evoloun in Eindhoven (Netherlands) - used to be a science centre, but now a company runs their office out of the UFO

or the Tree Hotel in Sweden (stay in a ufo overnight tethered to the tree tops)
www.treehotel.se...

something a little different
Floating home - prob good for the SHTF scenario
link to vid
www.waterstudio.nl...

ive been amazed by this pool

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Great thread!

I love way out architecture!

Thanks for posting a few more places for me to visit..

-Jen- xxx

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Awesome thread, makes me believe in ATS again... became like GLP recently...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Amazing architecture!

Here is Science World, Vancouver Canada.

It's very pretty at night when it's all lit up.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In a worlf full of conformity, playfulness like these designers show is truly refreshing.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Its simply amazing how with the imagination and some engineering know how, you can create wonderful works of functional art!! Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
These are incredible! I knew of a few of them, but most were my first introduction to them. One of the most interesting things I ever saw was House on the Rock, and I confess I only went to see it after reading Gaiman's American Gods. I want to nab these all and stitch them into my writing!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join