It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implanted memories of Blue Skies

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pagan_night

*Problem is*, did you do an Internet serach on the term???

Additional anthropogenic aerosols released into the atmosphere thus exert a direct radiative forcing on the climate system. The degree of present-day aerosol forcing is estimated from global models that incorporate a representation of the aerosol cycles. Although the models are compared and validated against observations, these estimates remain uncertain.

www.nature.com...

Read that one (there are many more, all say about the same thing).

Understand what they are saying...and that the "chemmie" sites DO NOT understand, and misrepresent the terms....

edit on Mon 16 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pagan_night
reply to post by Phage

Here ya go, some testing.....

saga.pmel.noaa.gov...

Did you actually read your link? My understanding of the results of the tests were that nothing was out of the ordinary. Can you explain what your link is proving, exactly, rather than just throwing up a link with no explanation?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

I believe that was a reply to my post.

I offer proof that they ARE spraying. Testing or not, they are spraying. The OPs post was originally about being decieved, naturally by our memories.

The "testing" of direct aerosol radiative forcing and Aerosol scattering changes what the clouds look like and makes things not usualy seen by the naked eye, illuminated enough to see. I think we can all agree that metallic particles would do that.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don't see anything about anything being "sprayed" in that study. Only sampling of ambient aerosols.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The "testing" of direct aerosol radiative forcing and Aerosol scattering changes what the clouds look like and makes things not usualy seen by the naked eye, illuminated enough to see. I think we can all agree that metallic particles would do that.

The tests were just measurements as far as I can see. Quote the bit where it says they were spraying.

Do you know what "direct aerosol radiative forcing and Aerosol scattering" means?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You can't be serious.....

NOAA/CMDL measurements of aerosol scattering coefficients on board the C130 aircraft and at Kaashidhoo (KCO) had similar instrument setups. Both platforms included measurements of aerosol scattering and hemispheric back scattering coefficients at three wavelengths using a TSI nephelometer (model 3563). For brevity we will provide only an analysis of the submicron total scattering channel at 550 nm.

There were 11 flybys of the C130 past KCO. Three of these flights had only the sub10 micron size range, days 59, 77 and 80. Day 59 had only 5 minutes of sub10 on the C130. Day 77 and 80 had only sub10 at KCO (no impactor switching), with 3 minutes of C130 intercomparison time in the size range on Day 80 and no sub 10-micron data for Day 77. Due to the shortness of the intercomparison time and large uncertainty associated with this cut size, these three flights have been removed from the analysis. This leaves 8 research flights to intercompare the submicron scattering between the two platforms.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Actually, we cannot agree.
Here's what Edward Teller says would be the visual result of the injection of metallic aerosols.

From the human perspective, skies would be bluer, twilights would be more visually spectacular

www.newruskincollege.com...

I agree with him. The effects of large amounts of aerosols injected into the lower stratosphere would not be visible as clouds.

edit on 5/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of the guy who refused to believe that the squares were the same colors.

Where does it say they are spraying. Which word indicates spraying to you? Scattering?

Scattering means what the aerosols do to light.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Uncinus because: Added link to scattering article.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yup. Quite serious. There is nothing in there about spraying anything.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am of the its just contrails, water vapor group. I do have a question for the chem trail camp.
What wide spread effects have been noted by the chemicals in these chem trails? What portions of the planet are having issues with large segments of the population getting sick ( or what ever the effect might be) from the phenomena? In other words what do chem trails do? What evidence is available to support the ideas?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
In the days after 9/11 when all the plains were grounded the skies were a very strong blue color unlike anything I had ever seen. Many of my friends, coworkers and relatives made note of it when I spoke to them. I'm not sold on chemtrails being anything more than just air polution from airplanes, however I'm no where near an expert or even knowledgable on the subject. I remember the skies were so blue in those few days that I almost rear ended a guy on my motorcycle because I couldn't stop looking up.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Session13
In the days after 9/11 when all the plains were grounded the skies were a very strong blue color unlike anything I had ever seen. Many of my friends, coworkers and relatives made note of it when I spoke to them. I'm not sold on chemtrails being anything more than just air polution from airplanes, however I'm no where near an expert or even knowledgable on the subject. I remember the skies were so blue in those few days that I almost rear ended a guy on my motorcycle because I couldn't stop looking up.

Contrails do contribute to cirrus cloud cover, sometime quite a lot. So there's some truth to this.

But, in NY at least, and much of the country, the sky was already a strong blue color, even as the planes were being grounded. Sometimes it's just the weather.

I think we all tend to have vivid memories of those day.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
Is it not possible that those memories might have been prompted to some degree - either by an idealizing of blue skies from happy childhood summers and family photos, or from the suggestion of contrails being shorter, a suggestion raised or reinforced by a peer group.

I don't trust my memory without exception; however, submitting to the idea that anyone feels the needs to inject memories of blue skies into my brain seems, to me, wacky as wacky can be.

I don't believe that ability exists and were it to, I imagine the people who were capable of doing such things would find much more interesting goals to do with it than put blue skies in my brain.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thats funny...

In 1979, physicist Freeman Dyson, in his characteristically prescient manner, proposed the deliberate, large-scale introduction of such fine particles into the upper atmosphere to offset global warming, which he thought even then would eventually become a human concern. Some of my colleagues and I have recently surveyed the current technological prospects for such an introduction.

Same site

Meant to add this.....

Aerosol scattering
Light scattered by the atmosphere makes air visible. This “air light” is mostly scattered by small particles suspended in the air. The absence is scattered light makes cloud shadows visible, producing crepuscular rays.

The small scattering particles suspended in air are called aerosol, so this kind of scattering is called aerosol scattering. The aerosol may be small mineral grains (“dust”) or droplets of salt water. Smog contains aerosol particles produced by photochemical reactions, a result of sunlight shining on hydrocarbon vapors. Smoke and diesel-engine exhaust contain small carbon particles that scatter as well as absorb light.

Most of the aerosol particles are just a few wavelengths of light across, so the wave nature of light must be used to calculate aerosol scattering. As a small obstruction can diffract light much like a pinhole of the same size, much of the scattered light is scattered by diffraction.

However, because the aerosol particles are usually a little bigger than the wavelength of light, they scatter all wavelengths about equally well. The scattered light is, on the average, “white”. That's why clouds are white, and a smoggy sky is whitish or grayish.

Sometimes there's a slight preference for the shorter wavelengths. If the particles are comparable to the wavelength in size, a very fine aerosol can look bluish. A familiar example is cigarette smoke. As “clear air” contains a mixture of aerosol particle sizes, the scattered light usually has a slightly bluish tinge.

mintaka.sdsu.edu...
edit on 16-5-2011 by pagan_night because: added some info.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nope, nothing about spraying.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

Originally posted by Uncinus
Is it not possible that those memories might have been prompted to some degree - either by an idealizing of blue skies from happy childhood summers and family photos, or from the suggestion of contrails being shorter, a suggestion raised or reinforced by a peer group.

I don't trust my memory without exception; however, submitting to the idea that anyone feels the needs to inject memories of blue skies into my brain seems, to me, wacky as wacky can be.

I don't believe that ability exists and were it to, I imagine the people who were capable of doing such things would find much more interesting goals to do with it than put blue skies in my brain.

I didn't say it was a deliberate implanting, just a inadvertent evolution of false memories of blue skies and short contrails, for the reasons I listed. I think everyone has some false memories, to one degree or another.

The point being that memory is fallible, and using it as the basis of the chemtrail theory is flawed, even if you discount those memories also being contradicted by other people's memories, and by science.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes. Exactly.

Sometimes there's a slight preference for the shorter wavelengths. If the particles are comparable to the wavelength in size, a very fine aerosol can look bluish.

mintaka.sdsu.edu...

The ice particles in contrails are larger than the wavelengths of visible light that's why they are white. The proposed aerosols for geoengineering are much smaller. That's what Teller was talking about. Those are the sizes that would work best. That's why he said the sky would be bluer if the proposed method were used.

Interestingly enough, such Rayleigh scattering of sunlight, performed by stratospherically-deployed aerosols whose diameters are several-fold smaller than the wavelength of light itself, will selectively scatter back into space the largely deleterious ultraviolet component of sunlight while diminishing the light that we see – and that plants use for photosynthesis – only imperceptibly.

www.newruskincollege.com...

So maybe they used to spray years ago and stopped. Maybe that's why the sky isn't as blue as it used to be.

edit on 5/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I offer proof that they ARE spraying. Testing or not, they are spraying.

Where was this proof that you offered again?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh, just eeeevil! LOL...

So maybe they used to spray years ago and stopped.

A new *concern* to start.....might add to the existing confusion, could be fun.....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I see your point. I agree idealization could likely be a large part of it ... were the subject earnest in the first place.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join