It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implanted memories of Blue Skies

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Are you sure? Did you take a picture? Or better still a video? Many times people have made claims just like yours with no proof offered. That is why there are these debates....no proof is offered. Are you able to keep your eye on the plane the entire time or does it go out of sight, and then return? I'm guessing the second. Most people who have made this claim that is what they mean. Which makes it two planes without proof otherwise.
Planes do turn, by the way. Often.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

My perception isnt wrong, I grew up looking at the sky through telescopes and watching sunset. In fact I was encouraged to by my parents. I'm glad I question changes in my surroundings unlike you and the majority of society.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Oh, but I do. And I notice more contrails now, behaving as contrails did when I noticed them 40+ years ago.
There is nothing unusual about them now. There are more of them. Cause and effect.
And I happen to agree sometimes it does really cloud up the sky. But I also know when it gets all cloudy and whited out that a front is moving in and that much of what I am seeing is cirrus cloud cover preceding a storm.
If you knew about weather, you would understand that as well.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Teeky

You may have seen examples of air-to-air refueling operations...done either in "practice" mode.
Or for *real* (other types of ongoing training missions...).

(Presumably...oh, I see your profile, you are in the USA...).

Here: airrefuelingarchive.wordpress.com...

More, if you are so inclined (and have the equipment), and want to "listen in":
www.milaircomms.com...

You see, there is a large sub-set of aviation enthusiasts and hobbyists who delight in this stuff..."playing soldier" I suppose. Of course, with ALL of those eyes paying attention, not once have any of these ordinary citizens come forward and called "chem"-trails! They laugh at the notion, I expect.....

Just an example of defined re-fueling "tracks" and "anchor" points. Areas specified as "Military Operations Areas" (MOAs) on U.S. aeronautical charts can be over residential areas, too. They may 'orbit' within those airspace boundaries.

YOU can research this, knowing your exact location, without divulging it online, to your own satisfaction.

Regardless of the country in which you reside....just do the searching online, will probably find it, if public information (usually is..).

edit on Mon 16 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Thank you I will research this. I'm glad you provided a link and information.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not going to lie, I didn't read all of the posts, so if has already been posted, sorry.

House of Commons
Science and Technology
Committee
The Regulation of
Geoengineering
Fifth Report of Session 2009–10
Report, together with formal minutes, oral and
written evidence

Page 3....
Geoengineering describes activities specifically and deliberately designed to effect a change
in the global climate with the aim of minimising or reversing anthropogenic (that is human
caused) climate change. Geoengineering covers many techniques and technologies but
splits into two broad categories: those that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
such as sequestering and locking carbon dioxide in geological formations; and those that
reflect solar radiation.Techniques in this category include the injection of sulphate aerosols
into the stratosphere to mimic the cooling effect caused by large volcanic eruptions.

www.publications.parliament.uk...

On another note.

So, memories can be manipulated, I can agree to that in some degree. but I don't think our government, or the governments around the world could actually manipulate the momories of thousands of people that grew up in the 60s and 70s to THINK there were blue skies. Wouldn't that be a conspriacy in the first place? Where is the proof of that happening?
edit on 16-5-2011 by pagan_night because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pagan_night

It's not being suggested that the government has manipulated people's memories. What is being suggested is that people's memories have been inadvertently, but naturally, modified by the passage of time, peer suggestion, wishful thinking and old photos.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And what was the point of posting that definition of geoengineering?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I'm sorry, but what a load. Sure, people's memories fade over time. But come on, a whole generations memories just naturally decieve them? And of course, their photo's just coincidently change too? Wow, talk about grasping at straws.

I apologize, I'm not trying to seem rude, but that is just so far fetched.

As far as the definition of geo-engineering, read the link. The definition is just a very small part of it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It's not the government that's doing the manipulating. It's those who believe in "chemtrails". Say that contrails didn't last for hours until the mid 1990's and people start "remembering" that it's true. The trouble is, it isn't.

And yes, geoengineering in various forms and how it may be regulated is an important topic of debate. The full ramifications of such efforts is largely unknown. The only people that say it is being undertaken clandestinely are those who believe in "chemtrails".

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pagan_night
reply to post by Uncinus

I'm sorry, but what a load. Sure, people's memories fade over time. But come on, a whole generations memories just naturally decieve them? And of course, their photo's just coincidently change too? Wow, talk about grasping at straws.

I apologize, I'm not trying to seem rude, but that is just so far fetched.

People's memories also change over time, and with suggestion, they can get quite specific changes. Did you read the linked article in the OP?

Where are these photos that have changed? People keep talking about them, but never produce them.

All I'm saying is that is seems like a quite reasonable explanation for the very small minority of people in the world who say that the sky has changed, or that contrails changed, when 99.99% of people seem not to have noticed this change, or, like many people in this thread, have specific memories of contrails being the same.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pagan_night

As far as the definition of geo-engineering, read the link. The definition is just a very small part of it.

I did read it. It's very interesting. It talks about the regulation of future geoengineering. All types of SRM geoengineering are listed as "proposals". Nowhere does it say it's currently being done, and seems to quite clearly give the opposite impression.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by SaberTruth
Wow... not only can't we believe our lyin' eyes, we can't trust our own memories

Well, no, you can't trust either. Time and time again, visual perception, and recollection have been shown to be far less accurate than people think they are. The above study shows that you can't trust your memory.

You think that your eyes are never fooled? Consider this:

Square A and square B are the same color. Yet they look like they are different colors. Your eyes have been fooled. You can't trust your eyes.

The point here is that simply using recollections as the basis for a theory is inherently flawed. Especially when those recollections are directly contradicted by other people, and even more especially when they are contradicted by physical evidence, science, films, and photos.

....this makes absolutely no sense and should be considered insane.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalreneg4de
....this makes absolutely no sense and should be considered insane.

Are you saying:

A) The post is insane because the squares are obviously different colors?
or
B) The post is insane, because the squares are the same color, but your eyes are lying to you?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

That's because it's covert. That's the whole point.

...Prove it's not happening.

edit on 16-5-2011 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
reply to post by Uncinus

That's because it's covert. That's the whole point.
...Prove it's not happening.

I've proved you have no evidence it is happening. That's enough for regular folk.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here's another good illustration of how easily the mind can be fooled. A simple magic trick in which the color of the cards changes. But can you spot the trick and figure out how it's done? Watch all the way to the end.

Some people get fooled by this. So why would you trust their other observations without question?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I remember blue skies, i remember when jets didn't fly and all planes were props. no contrails or chem trails.
Every see a flying show where they inject oil into the exhaust to do "sky writing" is that a contrail or a CHEM TRAIL? YES IT TAKE OILs or hydrocarbons to make a chemtrail and it take ice crystals at -79 F. to make a contrail. So simple yet why do people want us to think the skies were always hazy. I have hope movies from the fiftys , that show blue skies. I was in S. America only last years and YES the sky was a beautiful blue again in Ecuador.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Where is your evidence? The burden of proof is on you. You are claiming the contrails that formed in decades past are exactly the same as the chemtrails that form today. Prove it, or stop making the claim.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

From 1919:

The second German sighting occurred on May 9, 1919, when a pilot flying over Berlin at about 26,000 feet noticed the generation of a cloud stream that extended for about forty miles behind his plane. This stream eventually spread out to form a cloud layer that was about 3,000 feet thick. The pilot saw a similar phenomenon two days later.
www.accessmylibrary.com...

From 1940:

A few months later I witnessed the Battle of Britain taking place over my head in the July, August and September 1940. Being in SE London we had a grandstand view of the titanic struggle going on day aftr day with the intricate patterns of the contrails the most evident witness to the dog fights taking place.
www.bbc.co.uk... Short contrails do not produce intricate patterns.

1944:

So an airplane at great heights leaves behind it, stretching for endless miles, a visible "wake" composed of ice particles so tiny that they do not fall as snow but remain suspended in the air.
Source

From 1947:

Photo taken by Jerry Cole, combat aerialphotographer in the 390th Bomb Group at Framlingham Air Base in England. He is looking for a print from the original negative he shot around January 1944 or before. It shows contrails of P-47's crossing each other in the background and a B-17 in the foreground.

scoutbird.tripod.com...

From 1968:

Daily, for example, hundreds of jet planes crisscross the nation or great parts of it, often leaving fluffy contrails of water vapor, manmade clouds, as a signature of their passage.

Some contrails soon dissapate. Others turn into or are soon followed by high cirruse clouds that can and do influence the earth's heat balance with the sun.

Source

From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

Henry Wadsworth Hinkle, hired man down on the farm with Uncle Clarence and Aunt Martha, looked skyward a few days ago and was awed by the multiplicity of "vapor trails," as he called them. That's the old name. Now they are called contrails-short for condensation trails-resulting from the condensation of heat flowing from high-flying jet engines.

Source

A 43-year-old novice sailor said today that he followed jet contrails over the Atlantic to help him navigate after his sextant was smashed six days out of Pymouth, England.
Source He didn't follow jets, he followed contrails. You can't follow a short contrail.

1972:

Then there is the matter of cloudiness. The familiar contrails often left by high-flying planes might persist for a long time under some conditions.
Source

From 1973:

Often, after several clear days, high flying jets begin leaving condensation trails in the sky. These "contrails" are the result of the condensation of water vapor that accompanies engine combustion at high altitudes.
Source

He occasionally looked out the window at the earth and noted geographical locations. "We're coming over Europe and I've never seen so many jet plane contrails in my life," he reported
Source

Shore was no naïf; he recognized the irony of many of his images. One of the cleverest is "U.S. 97, South of Klamath Falls, Oregon, July 21, 1973," which depicts a desolate spot of road where a billboard displays a snowcapped-mountain scene — against actual mountains in the distance. The billboard image seems to emerge from the land itself. Along with a cattle gate and a sky with blown-out contrails, the billboard is a tired and shabby advertisement for America itself.
www.pitch.com... Contrails have to be around for a while to be "blown-out".

Then there's this 1965 Outer Limits episode (you only need to watch the first half minute or so).

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join