It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan oil company halts production

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Libyan oil company halts production

www.cbc.ca

Libya's biggest petroleum company will not produce oil until the war ends, a company spokesman says.

Information director Abdeljalil Mohamed Mayuf of Arab Gulf Oil Company said the company stopped production for fear of further attacks by ruler Moammar Gadhafi's forces.

The decision came after rocket attacks April 4 badly damaged a pumping station and production facilities at southeast Messla. A pumping station on the pipeline to Tobruk port also came under attack.

"We cannot put an army around each field,” Mayuf said in an interview Sunday.

Resuming production "depends on th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm wondering the consequencies. I'm in France maybe i will feel it.
Oil reserves in Libya are the largest in Africa and the ninth largest in the world with 41.5 billion barrels (6.60×109 m3) as of 2007. Africa will suffer.
And we know all that this war is too long. At start, NATO estimated the operations for few days and know ? I don't know if NATO has hidden objectives but now, it's sure, they have changed initial objectives. And who pay ? Us.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

NATO, specifically Europe, will have to deploy forces into Libya. They have been planning and preparing for this for some time, but waiting for approval from the UN before they send EUFOR in.

They now may not have time to wait on the UN anymore.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's weird. Matches a story from April. Be nice to see a news source actually tell us some information. Not you OP, the news reporting agency.

April Article
edit on 15-5-2011 by billxam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
sounds as though,this is NATO's way,of convincing the west,that a ground force is needed,or your petrol cost will spiral..but no one will support a ground invasion.

end of the day,they are stealing libyan oil anyway...they are moaning because they can't steal it fast enough,and can you blame gaddafi for bombing there oil stealing efforts.

if someone was stealing from your property,your try and stop them right.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

The oil mafia in the US and the dirty speculators in walls street are going to love this one, they will have an excuse to raise oil prices and then spoon feed the people that Libya needs an invasion to liberate the oil or we are to pay for it.

And the sad part, is . . . Americans will believe it, because for every elite rat in the nation is 1000 hard working tax payer suckers.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

good point i will notice that

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Let's not forget the final destination of that oil, which is a sweet crude and that is Europe, not the United States. Which brings us to this being a NATO operation and why (possibly) Obama threw it in their laps to fester. Add troops, stir. It's instant quagmire!

Edited to add: Possible political connection: less oil for Europe = higher fuel prices = civil unrest = "democracy". Follow the money.
edit on 15-5-2011 by billxam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join