It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling down about ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
OK so, I'm not really the kind of person to get all hurt very easily, but recently anything that I post on dies instantly. Does this mean I'm a thread killer?
If so, then what do I do to fix it? If not, well then I'm just being ignored.(I don't like being ignored
). As well I want to write competitively or even do some collab. writing, long story short people ignore me when I ask them if I can join a story, or what a competition is about. If I sound like a whiny little brat, I apologize, but I'm just a little steamed right now, and needed a place to RANT and I saw a forum header just for such an occasion. Sorry to all the ATS'ers for Burdening you with my complaints, and thank you for listening. Have a nice day.

edit on 5/15/2011 by majormojo500 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hang in there!

Everyone gets the feeling that they are a thread killer from time to time. And as fast as this board moves, sometimes the really interesting stuff gets pushed down.

Thank you for the wish for a good day, I hope you have one also

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by majormojo500

Don't worry friend, as was said this forum moves fast.
Sometimes threads just get burried. It's not you

OnlyLove.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by majormojo500
OK so, I'm not really the kind of person to get all hurt very easily, but recently anything that I post on dies instantly. Does this mean I'm a thread killer?
If so, then what do I do to fix it? If not, well then I'm just being ignored.(I don't like being ignored
). As well I want to write competitively or even do some collab. writing, long story short people ignore me when I ask them if I can join a story, or what a competition is about. If I sound like a whiny little brat, I apologize, but I'm just a little steamed right now, and needed a place to RANT and I saw a forum header just for such an occasion. Sorry to all the ATS'ers for Burdening you with my complaints, and thank you for listening. Have a nice day.

edit on 5/15/2011 by majormojo500 because: (no reason given)

You shouldn't blame yourself for other peoples ignorance.

Although, people are usually more attracted to posts with good flowing grammar and punctuation that at least makes relative sense. Instead of complaining and asking yourself why, maybe you should practice.

If people don't want to reply to you, then accept this. Your posts will still be on the Internet for everyone to read, regardless if people want to reply to you specifically.

Namaste

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I've noticed several threads that 'grow long legs' are the worst posts, IMHO. I'll check Recent Posts and get so tired of seeing several particular OPs that just don't die off. They will contain post after post of mostly the same opinion being beaten right to death. My friend, so often in life it comes down to quality, not quantity. There are probably a lot of really good OPs that fade away with a whimper for many reasons: time of day, lack of a really self-serving misleading sensationalist headline (so obnoxious!), or maybe it's the 12th OP on one subject so it's been done to death.

I've noticed several OP's submit their headline & text then --poof-- vanish from the thread. No response to the contributors, no feedback, nothing. Sure I understand all ATS'ers have wonderfully rich & full lives away from the keyboard (lol) but I do think if someone is going to get on a horse, they should ride it.

Hang in there and keep submitting. Meanwhile, maybe this is a good time to look in the mirror and find out why this form of approval from total strangers means so much to you. No insult intended, not at all. I've simply found in life that people who take the time to contemplate their own means and motives sometimes come to a greater understanding of themself and the world around us. This is an opportunity to grow.

Most people may like to see themselves rise & shine but in reality the bulk of us lead quiet, dull little lives. Millions and millions of people across the country love to play baseball but very few make it onto the field wearing a pro sports team uniform.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
LMAO

I thought exactly the same thing when I first started posting.

My problem was I thought in terms of stars, if I got a star or 2 then I felt validated and all was well.
After being on here for a grand total of 6 weeks (I know what a Veteran hey LOL) I sorta realise sometimes being ignored is a good thing. It normally happens to me on Threads where I disagree with the OP, Ill state my opinion then.......silence, nothing, maybe another reply or 2 but nothing about my groundbreaking intelligent comment

Also couldnt find anyone who wanted to debate with me, so if your up for it you got a challenger right here

1 quick tip, Make sure your clear in your posts if your making a statement or encouraging discussion, if you want people to reply or engage you put a question at the end.

P.s youve been a member for 2 years but only have 30 posts?? are you normally lurking or dont you log on very often?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Keep trying... sorry you're getting frustrated. Alot of us just don't have the knack to begin with.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not every thread get's "legs." Besides..Do you REALLY want to get in the middle of a debate?

Some of these guys are ruthless...They take their sides very serious on a topic.

If you have a feeling you want to contribute on a topic,write it. Don't expect direct responces.

Some threads are longer then others.. Don't take it personal..

Most members don't.

But? If you want to have a dialog.. ..just take the opposite position of what seems logical, and just disagree to get a responce. You'll get some.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And don't come on here drunk and try to be a smartass on a topic...

Not a good idea... Could get ya banned..

I know I Don't..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Did I kill this thread?

Rats.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

well thank you for your kind words, and i've been an active member for about 4 days now. my mom has been trying to stick a tinfoil hat on my head since I was in diapers, and had me sign up about 2 years ago. just recently however i remembered my password and got on and started posting. thats that i guess.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words of comfort. I just guessed that the ATS community was a little more interactive towards noobs. I'll get the hang of it eventually i guess.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Stick with it mate.....I've killed lot's of threads over the years....it get's easier with time.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Enjoy ATS, dont worry about killing threads. It happens to us all...

kx

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
ive embraced my thread killing abilities (see avatar). it makes me feel like i have the final say on the matter

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Now tell the truth mojo, I didn't put a tin foil hat on you until you could crawl...

Love you!

*Come back...come back...*

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I know the feeling like everything you write on just kind of dies. I go through periods of that.

Usually the feeling passes after a couple of days. Sometimes it takes longer.
I hope you start to feel more confident in your posting, because once you get back into the swing of things, it will just come pouring out. Dance to the beat of your own drum and don't worry about what anyone else says or writes, just be yourself.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Threads dead baby, threads dead.

Happens to everyone, don't sweat it. It surely isn't personal.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The trick, IMO, is to simply be yourself and not care what other people think about your posts. Once you start going down the road of seeking to please others or to be too polite? Too much gets lost in translation and tends to end up coming across as watered down.

In other words, cast all worries and doubts aside... when you come across a thread or post that moves you, in a positive or negative way - express yourself and let it fly ( within the T&C ) and don't second guess a bit of it. I personally rarely even proofread anything I write on ATS. I scan to make sure that my spell check hasn't flagged anything ( often missing it when it does ) and then click "reply". Keeping it raw seem to work.

I hope this helps

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You've posted like 62 times, I've posted @ 19,000 times.

And I still feel that way sometimes.

We all have something to contribute. T'is a pity that many don't recognize it.

top topics

join