It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is a lot older than 6000-10,000 years, get over it!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

It's sad that what is supported by the evidence becomes 'trolling' because of how some people have a distorted view of the world...fundamentalism.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

As I say, you have my sympathy. I understand how lonely it can get caring about the truth.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yep, you scientists are so smart. After all you guys thought the earth was flat, or that the sun rotated around earth. Or 1000 other things that have been proven wrong. Heck, you found out about penicillin on pure luck! Yep, you guys have always been right and have no reason to be questioned. Must be so tiring. LOL Get a life!
edit on 24-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Not this old argument again...

Originally posted by kellynap43

Yep, you scientists are so smart. After all you guys thought the earth was flat,

Actually, that was the Christians. The whole 'round Earth' thing was discovered in Ancient Greece.

or that the sun rotated around earth.

Yeah...the priests made us look...wait...nevermind, it was scientists who discovered that we were wrong on that one.

Or 1000 other things that have been proven wrong.

1000 wrong things out of tens of billions of right things isn't that bad...

Heck, you found out about penicillin on pure luck! Yep, you guys have always been right and have no reason to be questioned. Must be so tiring.

I'm sorry, you must have scientists mistaken for a religious establishment. Science thrives on questions. It's how it gets where it is going. The scientific method, at its most basic, goes like this:

1: Come up with idea
2: Try as hard as possible to disprove that idea
3a: Didn't disprove the idea? Publish your results, let other people try.
3b: Disproved the idea? Publish your results.

LOL Get a life!

Scientists do have a life. I have a life. I'd suggest you try educating yourself on scientific matters.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

After all you guys thought the earth was flat, or that the sun rotated around earth.

A little history lesson might be a good thing before you make such statements.

edit on 24-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Yep, you scientists are so smart. After all you guys thought the earth was flat, or that the sun rotated around earth. Or 1000 other things that have been proven wrong. Heck, you found out about penicillin on pure luck! Yep, you guys have always been right and have no reason to be questioned. Must be so tiring. LOL Get a life!
edit on 24-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

this is the reason why i call people stupid...

making such a bold WRONG statement isn't something you should be proud of...

Get a life? you need to get a life and i say start by going back to elementary school

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

I have a masters in education from the university of iowa. I believe I know a thing or too about education.

However, very funny that you couldnt debunk anything I said in the last post. Just proving my point. So thank you.
edit on 26-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Umm what?

I also do not believe that you have a masters degree in anything.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Well, I clearly did debunk everything you said. Scientists prove scientists wrong...but not on everything. We're able to apply the things in the scientific consensus. Like evolution. Physics. Chemistry. Everything we do in science today is applicable.

Hell, most of the things that we've proven wrong were ideas that were unscientific.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Quick question for the young earth creationists: How do you explain this?

Pando

This tree has been dated at being over 80,000 years old. That's not it either; there are a lot more specimens of plant and fungi that have been dated as being older than the age of the earth (according to creationists)

Colonial Plant Colonies
edit on 26/5/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Most Christians believe that the world is very old. When it comes down to it. They simply believe there was intelligent design to such a complex system. There are about a handful of Christians who believe that the world is young (6,000yrs)

With that said. There are great discoveries in the Middle East and in South America every year asking more questions about our origin. Archeology is one of those sciences that evolutionary science hates. Im not sure why. I’m just a idiot. But I will answer your question with another question.
How do you explain all of these artifacts?
www.livingdinos.com... Some may be hoaxes, but yet they have never been proven right or wrong.
Plus hundreds of sightings, documents, pictures.
Historical documentation of live dinosaur sightings, recorded in history by the Vikings, Herodotus, Alexander the Great, Marco Polo and others.

These are documents that cannot be refuted because they exist. Nor have they been proven wrong.

Do I believe they are telling the truth? Probably not. But I bet you assume all Christians were idiots. Nope. Unless you think these people are idiots.

1.Nicholas Copernicus
2.Sir Francis Bacon
3.Johannes Kepler
4.Isaac Newton
5.Robert Boyle
6.Gregor Mendel
7.William Thomson Kelvin
8.Albert Einstein- Although never coming to belief in a personal God, he recognized the impossibility of a non-created universe
9. AND MANY MANY MORE

Showing that the belief in God is not a sign of stupidity which, although you will argue against, is what your trying to say.

There Are No Atheists in Foxholes-Unknown

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

There is a massive difference between believing there MAY be a "God" and being a Christian. The former is a reasonable position (which may or may not be correct) the latter is an irrational belief system based on faith adopted by a corrupt empire for political reasons.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db6044149452.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

THIS JUST IN...

Current science dating techniques are inconclusive, sporadic, and pretty much suck.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Originally posted by Signals
Current science dating techniques are inconclusive, sporadic, and pretty much suck.

Care to actually provide any evidence of this quite extraordinary claim? Scientific study? Anything?

No? I didn't think so.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It doesn't matter how many smart people you throw out there (or how many times you shove your hand up Einstein's backside to make him say things he never said), it doesn't mean they're right about everything.

Aristotle was probably one of the greatest geniuses who ever lived. He also happened to be wrong about everything. He was closer to being right than everyone at the time, but he was still way off.

Those people? Brilliant. Does that mean they're right about religion? Hell no. Argument from authority, get thee behind me. They were wrong about something, big deal. Hell, Newton thought that his greatest achievement was lifetime celibacy.

One last thing. I have three friends who are military. Two are ex-army (one general discharge, one got near kidney failure on a tour in Iraq due to infection), one is currently air force. They're atheists.

There are plenty of atheists in foxholes.

edit on 26/5/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes I am a Christian...and yes Jesus had a sense of humor. ~ Signals

I don't think he'd be laughing if he was alive to what weird systems nut-jobs have manufactured in his name. I hope you are joking - seriously.

edit on 26/5/11 by Pimander because: added nut-jobs

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

www.israelect.com...

Showing numerous amounts of non-religious texts of the existence of Christ.
Once you can accept he actually existed, you have to come to one of two conclusions. One- he was a psycho going around touching and preaching about being god. Or, two, he was the real deal. Either way, there is no inbetween. Amazing how billions through out history have decided to believe this and keep this amazing faith. Must be something to it.
Outside of that, I refuse to speak with anyone who is so blatantly disrespectful of not only religion but history.

1 Corinthians 14:38
38 If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

None of what is provided is historical evidence. It's either been debunked/thrown into question (like the Jospehus passage) or it's just outright not proof. A passage 30-40 years after the fact doesn't count as proof that someone existed.

Was there a historical figure upon which Jesus is based? Sure, probably. Maybe even more than one. Are the tales in the Bible about the guy accurate? Probably not.

Do you have any academic evidence to support your case, or is it all going to be apologetics work?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Outside of that, I refuse to speak with anyone who is so blatantly disrespectful of not only religion but history.

Sorry mate, I just can't apologise for not respecting the joke described above. No cosmic Jewish Zombie religions in my house thank you. If you cannot see how delusional it is then that's your problem not mine.

I am prepared to respect anyone as a person but I don't always respect their beliefs - despite respecting their right to be delusional.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join