It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to West: Stop execution diatribe or face heroin tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

TEHRAN: Iran threatened on Saturday to allow the transit of illegal drugs through its territory to Europe if the West continues to criticize the country for its practice of executing drug traffickers.
Mohammad Javad Larijani, the head of Iran's High Council for Human Rights, said Iran was sacrificing blood in fighting drug trafficking and suggested it is unfair that it is then condemned by the West for executing smugglers.
"Westerners have to either be Iran's partner in the fight against drug traffickers or we must think otherwise and, for instance, allow the transit" of drugs across Iranian territory, Larijani said in a comment posted on the judiciary's website Saturday.

arabnews.com...
This from the country that wants to bomb Israel into oblivion, stone women, and pour acid into people’s eyes. The hypocrisy, however goes both ways. Obama condemns his own people for supposedly shipping weapons to Mexico, but his administration gets caught smuggling weapons itself (even to the point of a USA LEO getting killed). So much for this administration setting examples of democracy. So I’m not surprised when a terrorist nation follows this archaic paradigm. Thankfully the elections draw near.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link
edit on 5/15/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/15/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

If you truly believe anything will change in this election, you may have much bigger problems on your hands than this issue. It will be more of the same and continue to spiral down the rabbit hole. Republican or Democrat, sadly, it does not matter.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So, erm, how ya gonna enforce that, Iran? Let drug couriers go as long as they pinky swear they're on their way to western Europe?

This is why I

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

If you truly believe anything will change in this election, you may have much bigger problems on your hands than this issue. It will be more of the same and continue to spiral down the rabbit hole. Republican or Democrat, sadly, it does not matter.

I personally don't care for the Kenyan, but as for changing, I agree, little will change.
And the rouge countries see this as well. That's why these little brat countries are getting away with murder. The country, of our founders for the Constitution, is shrinking rapidly.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This whole "drug" thing is a mystery to me sometimes...

We punish those who traffic in drugs... Just those drugs that are deemed illegal by some arbitrairy committee.

Aren't those the same opiates being used in those "big pharma" recipies??? Good thing nobody us addicted to those things!

Why are the states seeing the benifits in legalizing certian medicinal plants ( I have to put it in that regard as not to upset the T&C committee by mentioning a certian green plant)??? hmmmmm.... Maybe becaus the reach of those who would be impacted by this can only reach the federal level.

I think that punishing people for trafficing drugs, ( I give in that murdering them is a little extreme), is a ridiculious hyprocricy relfecting society's narrow minded view of anything alternitive or innovative. In the sense that if you are going to punish some... Why not punish everyone??

I'm so damm glad that the thought police are so damm perfect!

I really don't have an opinion on the subject though!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Man has been using drugs since the beginning of time nothing will stop this not even threat of execution. The governments of the world make billions and billion off drugs every year. I never understood why not tax the hell out of the drugs and make your money that way and leave the people to do what there gonna do no matter what. its like a stupid argument that we can stop drugs from getting to the people that want them we waste so much money putting MJ users in prision we could use that money to education our children and make college affordable for the poor. It all makes me sick!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
Man has been using drugs since the beginning of time nothing will stop this not even threat of execution. The governments of the world make billions and billion off drugs every year. I never understood why not tax the hell out of the drugs and make your money that way and leave the people to do what there gonna do no matter what. its like a stupid argument that we can stop drugs from getting to the people that want them we waste so much money putting MJ users in prision we could use that money to education our children and make college affordable for the poor. It all makes me sick!!!

So make drugs legal and tax the *snip* out of them? But you will still have the hypocrisy of not just these little ba*snip* rd countries, but from men of illegitimate power as well. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think that the real threat that Iran in conveying is that if Iran decides to allow drugs to flow freely from its boarders that would drop the price of heroin exponentially. And who is the worlds biggest heroin profiteer? Intelligence Agencies from 2 or 3 nuclear powers.

The CIA and Mossad must be flipping their wigs right now. If Iran allows the price of heroin to drop then spy agencies are going to have to create a new cash cow to fund their secret operations.

I know in Canada it will likely cause some serious cut throat games going on. Organized criminals already have free reign over our ports in the west. How many drug sniffing dogs do you see down on the ports in vancouver sniffing sea cans? ill help you with this one cause it is a trick question... NONE!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Let them and "legalize" all drugs. This issue then becomes a non-issue.

"THEY" feel we are all lemmings that will run out in droves to get high if drugs are legalized. They feel superior and that they need to guide us poor idiots. I have another point of view. If all were legalized less crime and no BS mass addictions as predicted. I could safely use MJ or heroin/opium preparations as we used to have medicinally and never run the risk of addiction. Many of us are thinking human beings and have enough self control to handle exposure to drugs and not be compelled to take them for fun. In fact, we are exposed to drugs 24/7 and some of us manage not to become addicts. I still have a full bottle of Morphine and a bottle of Vicodin in the medicine cabinet from my wreck that I have not : taken for fun, had any desire to take for recreation, have not sold, and have not looked at in any other manner but as medication.We are a thinking people and by legalizing "drugs" we could take the bite out of any of these silly threats and definitely a bite out of the underhanded practices of our own government dealing in the drug trade and with underhanded countries and their own drug trade... ie opium fields and wars.

If I walked into a druggist today and drugs were legal.. Id NOT be tempted to buy for recreation things which were once available. Some of them were:
Laudanum ( tincture of opium that was once legal), Bayer sold Heroin as a remedy for cough
Cocaine was first marketed by Merck and coc aine drops were used for toothache.. very effectively... OTC
"Mrs. Winslow’s Soothing Syrup," was morphine and was OTC to sooth ill infants
Paregoric was alcohol and opium as an effective remedy for a plethora of complaints OTC
heroin and opium was used for asthma regularly and effectively
Coca Cola contained coc aine until 1900. But I do love soda...

Im old enough to recall using Terpin Hydrate Elixir with Codeine (ETH with Codeine) when I was pretty sick as a kid. It worked.. and I never thought to take an extra sip mainly because it was TERRIBLE.. but hey, it worked and I certainly didnt grow up to be a drug addict due to exposure to scary evil drugs used as medicinal preparations.

So I say: have at it morons.. flood us with heroin, you wont get your desired effect because we are a thinking people and can resist exposure to narcotics.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My take on this is that they are saying: stop being hypocrites. either you are in your WAR on drugs, or you end the war = legalize them. Wars have casualties.

Iran realizes this, and uses this to leverage on the global politics scene.

Notice that iran is the only one doing the war on drugs properly, since they have all drugs illegal, including ALCOHOL. Not this hyporcritical bulls-- our war on drugs is.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed a Heroin wave yet?
Let me look out my window again...nope. Not there.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Look what companies comprise the "Partnership for a Drug-free America". It's the tobacco, alcohol, and Pharmaceutical companies. They promote the "war on drugs" because it ensures their monopoly of Drug-dealing, legally.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why not?

The US allows the multi-billion dollar trade in Opium and heroin to thrive in Afghanistan, in fact they are involved in the exporting and distribution of it... Covertly of course.

Iran should not only allow it, they should learn from the US and its covert agencies, and make a nice profit from the transit of "heroin" and other stuff through Iran.

Could more than offset the losses Iran has to deal with from UN sanctions imposed on them, and even help fund their nuclear programs.

top topics

join