Philippine City Holds Mass Circumcision For Youths

page: 1

join

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ouch! My penis has feelings too, where my sensitive part is, and it feels the pain. Circumcision should be banned.

Hundreds of boys in a Philippine city turned today for a daylong "circumcision party" to provide a safe, free procedure for a rite of passage that most local males undergo as preteens.

Some boys cried in their mothers' arms while others bit their shirts to stifle sobs as doctors carried out the surgery on dozens of makeshift operating tables inside a sports stadium in Marikina city east of Manila. Outside, other boys lined up to await their turn.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 15-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Why in God's name are they waiting until these boys are so OLD? Circumcision should not take place past infancy unless the person is converting to Judaism or something! Boys this age should not have their penises violated like this. If you let it wait this long, let them decide as adults!

The only thing I can say about this is that the Philippines is an extremely dirty, poverty-stricken country. I've seen naked children playing in trash piles and running through the open sewers that line every street. Perhaps they are trying to prevent botched home surgeries and infections.

But still...
Sorry; there isn't a good icon for the creeped-out heebie-jeebies.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And kids in the west pierce, puncture and tattoo themselves into clownish freaks, but hey, that's cool bro!

join