It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a civilisation living in secrecy within caverns here on earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
paranormal.about.com...

Here is an abundance of info. Check it out for more on the top 10 mysteries. This site links too to subterranean tunnels and sites etc...and hollow earth, beings etc. A google search for any of these terms will provide for you.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I've spent the last couple of hours (fortunately I can multitask) listening to Alex Collier based on this thread. He says a lot of interesting things, and shows some interesting pictures.... and on youtube he has a lot of newer interviews. I like a lot of what he has to say, want to believe in a lot of what he has to say.... but how can you believe anything he says when earlier on in his lectures, specifically the ones linked to this thread, that state certain things will happen by certain dates... no more New York or California, aliens becoming widely known, the missing children, the bases on the moon, Atlantis, and so on... that never happened in the years he states emphatically, which was years ago. He has certainly become a more polished speaker and no doubt makes more money for a lecture than he did back then... but if he states in no uncertain terms, that some things will happen, and then don't.... can we believe him at all? Is he a con, was he duped, did he misunderstand..... what? Call it prediction, call it prophecy, call it intuition, call it inside information, but when you say something will Absolutely happen and it doesn't.... how can you believe in anything else he says? As I said, I like what he has to say. But what he said would happen, just plain didn't happen. Listen to the link, listen to his newer lectures. So far he makes no mention of his.... mistakes. Just keeps talking about what will happen in the future. Anyone can do that. Credibility is important so he should defend his past declarations that did not come true!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. Based on this thread and links and so many previous threads, there are bases on the moon, multiple humans up there..... multiple aliens visiting us, interacting with us, creatures living within the planet, we are fighting them in Afghanistan, the huge numbers of people missing on the planet are being stolen.... and we are not told a thing. So why is this? Religion? Panic? Is there a good reason we can't be told about what goes on around us? If there is a battle for our planet, our souls, our genetic material, our solar system.... wouldn't actually telling us this mean we could help in the fight? And we might stop acting like sheeple, get involved, treat each other and our planet better, maybe kick some butt against whoever we are fighting..... but its best we are left ignorant? I think keeping us ignorant IS ignorant.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The OP is on point with this and I am shocked nobody from ATS mentioned these underground civilizations:

* Fraggles of Fraggle Rock they were on TV for years so no doubting the existence;
* The Wombles of Wimbledon Common again featuring on TV so they must be there;
* Danger Mouse yes he too a fantastic super hero of mine living under a big red post box
in a secret London location.

I all seriousness I'd be surprised if such civilizations do not exist on this planet and others. Making perfect sense of sourcing shelter using that which already caters for the purpose, large caves, vaults and tunnels.

In 'Andalusia Spain' and places in Turkey you will see 'Cave homes', These caves are becoming evermore popular once again. Ok these homes may not be secret or buried in caverns however non the less most popular. Those benefiting from such homes happy with the little upkeep and cost of running and security aspects of such accommodation.

One can only imagine that if such people or others lived in the confines of darkness having a lack of natural light they would be imprisoned by the Sun each day, not being able to expose themselves to our sunny surface environment. In that case such civilizations would not need or be able to frequent the surface world so I should imagine be completely self sufficient. Based on that hypothesis if I were living 'underground' and were self sufficient, my main concern would be being discovered and those from above forcing entry to my world. Security of my home and it not being discovered would be paramount not being at all hospitable to any unwarranted guests and heavily defending my home from any incursions.

What fascinates me as how such a civilization/s would communicate both in a person to person situation and also for further afield communication with other more distant civilization/s. For such existence below our surface world would require much organizing and communication to constantly evade from accidental discovery.

Any civilization which has adapted to such living conditions have overcome many hurdles we on the surface still struggle with such as power, farming and sustenance, pollution and waste and much more.

I know some of the deepest mines found on Earth in Africa and Russia have produced some awe inspiring finds buried deep, deep beneath our feet miles down under ground. My question being pitched were such finds simply covered over by the winds of time? Or is it possible that down those very same fissures which eventually became working mines, people once existed deep down underground and still do?

Finding evidence in the bottom of mines is a great discovery for sure however the question begging to be answered who is responsible for such relics and despite carbon dating pointing dates from a eons ago could it be possible that such finds are evidence of recent life underground. If such an item found underground is tested using conventional methods and has always remained underground how accurate are the results published?

Some relics found in Africa dating back hundreds of millions of years buried underground. Are these test and results submitted 'that accurate'? Could it be so that such civilizations pre-date our 'human' life history upon our surface world?

This is an excellent thread and it would be good to see some evidence presented by members for and against such a possibility. I believe more evidence will present itself over time suggesting that life will find a way to exist in the harshest of conditions and most unimaginable places of the known cosmos.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I can't imagine a whole unique civilization living under our feet and not be detected. I'm from a mining town, i never worked in the mine but my father spent 30 years in one. He often complained on how hot it was in the summer and how cold it was during the winter. Massive fans were needed to pump air down the mine, which had hundred of kilometres of tunnels to feed air too, they were loud and conspicous.

What i can imagine are deep tunnels leading to dimensional portals, a perfect hiding place to place what can only be an odd piece of machinery no human could resist investigating.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This topic has been covered by scifi for decades. It is possible I suppose. As self contained civilisation, living underground for countless years. Hidden away.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Id say most likely there is no such thing.

We have used ground penetrating radar enough times that if there was something, we would know by now.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It was said there were a whole lot of underground caverns and tunnels between them. an extra dimension to the term ..secret societies!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join