It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a civilisation living in secrecy within caverns here on earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The united states is actually currently trying to fight a war with beings that are said to live in caves in the mountains of Afghanistan and surrounding regions and also with local governments who are trying to protect them or officially deny their existence. For some reason TPTB think they are dangerous to them. To make this plausible to the sheeple they have created the myth of Al-Quaeda, the truth would just be too bizarre.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

If I am right on what I think could be living in those
underground caves,the elite could end up on the menu.

I found this old thread and thought it would be an
interesting read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-5-2011 by mamabeth because: added old thread

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

Continuing my run of devil's advocacy - statistics on missing people, even just in the US alone, are quite impressive. According to a TruTV review (likely much better stats out there, but this was quick and easy), a review of the data shows about 2300 missing people in the US every day (yes, sounds like a lot, but compared to 300 million people this is much less significant).

As far as the modifications being discussed in the threads - sight, at least - we're assuming these alleged entities also don't have access to light sources. If this is some sort of advanced species/branch of humanity from before historical catastrophies, OR some sort of alien/other entity, they could quite possibly also be advanced enough to have either designed their own technologies, or still be utilizing some lost tech from long ago.

Mwuauauhahaha...sorry guys. I personally have some doubts here as well, but must keep in mind it's entirely possible that there is a lot going on we don't understand or are aware of.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There are many homeless living in caves all around the world. It is much more common than you might imagine even here in the US. Not exactly the direction the OP was pointing in yet startling and true none the less. Also interesting how this is never spoken of in the news...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Keep going, you're batting a 1000 in this thread so far. I'm always fascinated at what we, as a species, choose what to believe in, and what to deny as being possible.

Modern science is a marvelous tool of our times. But it too frequently makes us unable to see beyond the end of our noses. It is those in the past who saw beyond what their peers said was possible, who have made possible, the civilization we live in. It is those who thought outside the box, rather than within the constructs of their generation.

I personally find the idea of a technologically ancient race of humans living below us, and/or among us without our knowledge just as plausible, if not more so, as ancient aliens.

Have they interfered, helped, hindered? Probably all of the above.

But I also see that our species has suffered at the hands of those who write and rewrite our history, over and over again. They want us to believe that humans have always progressed through time in a linear fashion. And I just don't buy it. For me, it doesn't work. Our history has been more like a roller coaster I think, than we could even imagine.

Anyway. Well deserved stars sir for thinking outside the paradigm.

edit on 5/15/2011 by Klassified because: grammar police

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
If there is people living under the earth in caves and stuff that fly out in ufo's then how come they dont speak to us.
Silliest thing ive heard in a while.

Yes. That is one of the silliest things that I have read too.

Here is why-
I live above ground. Judging by my appearance, I look somewhat like a normal person, but I don't want to speak to you. What causes you to think that they would want to speak to you?

edit on 5/15/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
If there is people living under the earth in caves and stuff that fly out in ufo's then how come they dont speak to us.
Silliest thing ive heard in a while.

would you really want to talk to a species like us? the kind thats always killing eachother and blowing # up?
they would probably just watch us for the lol's, all while shaking their heads

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thanks kindly, I appreciate it. My personal views on the matter actually lean more towards the biblical view of history (just with less of a focus on 'spiritual' as I perceive this to just be an interpretation of the inter-/multi-dimensional), this being seen through the sleepy eyes of time...but I am willing to take nothing off the table - as Azeem said in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves:

Because, Allah loves wondrous varieties.

I personally find the idea of a technologically ancient race of humans living below us, and/or among us without our knowledge just as plausible, if not more so, as ancient aliens.

Well said, here. Putting my personal views aside, I find this -or a variety of it- much more plausible than the usual ET view of the phenomena.

Yes, the universe is ridiculously large with a fair statistical basis for other societies to exist...but let's come back to that LARGE thing. Someone posted a thread some weeks back that I liked, although didn't ever really jump into it: Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose. While I disagree with the allusion some draw that there's nothing to the UFO phenomena itself, he illustrates well some of the issues I have with the belief in EXTRATERRESTRIAL intelligence, as far as EBEs go.

In such a very very large universe, the differences in distance, time, and compatibility of creatures originating in different areas I believe is an insurmountable complaint against the EBE theory. How would they even be aware that we're here? If they thought we were 'out there' somewhere, how would they find us with so many options to sort through? Such incidents have been reported pretty much since the very dawn of our (known) societies. Then there's always the matter of motive, as well. Some people think 'oh, they're just as curious as we are and would want to get to know us.' Well...just going back to our own personal accounts of what happens when we come across a new society, that's usually not a pretty picture, so perhaps we shouldn't even hope for such a thing as there's likely little to NO reason to believe any such race would be more altruistic than ourselves.

I have a much easier time believing that this is a spiritual/dimensional phenomena that has obvious motive to be interested in us as discussed in the old records. I have a much easier time to believe that they've either been here all along, phasing in and out of our physical reality and otherwise dwelling in the regions we don't access easily - plenty of accounts of UFOs moving into/out of the earth, in & out of the oceans (which I consider an excellent habitat, given how large they and how little we admit we know about them, etc. Additionally, there is simply an amazing amount of crossover in behaviour and capability between those covered in close encounters as well as those dealing with 'spiritual' oppression and the like.

But I also see that our species has suffered at the hands of those who write and rewrite our history, over and over again. They want us to believe that humans have always progressed through time in a linear fashion. And I just don't buy it. For me, it doesn't work. Our history has been more like a roller coaster I think, than we could even imagine.

Again I am in agreement. While I disagree with the main premise of the ancient aliens theory, I do agree with the evidence and reasoning behind it. There are simply too many aberrations, anomalies, and anecdotal accounts to blindly assume that we are the highest society ever to exist on this rock after just crawling out of collective idiocy some odd thousands of years ago. Timelines for events fit together too well to just say 'oh, natural cycles did this' when we've got accounts sounding like widespread nuclear war, or the approximate, coupled with seas of fused green glass that we have one known contemporary source for in addition to irradiated cities and apparent ancient mining of uranium deposits, and so forth.

I believe we have reached higher heights in the past, and been dashed down either by our own selves or at the behest of our betters, likely on more than one occasion. And I think we're much to comfortable with ourselves to assume it can't happen again if we don't get our heads on straight - soon.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

they could harvest mushrooms. They would be able to forage mushrooms and other wildlife like insects and perhaps small burrowing animals.
edit on 15-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: added

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz

they could harvest mushrooms. They would be able to forage mushrooms and other wildlife like insects and perhaps small burrowing animals.

I am sure they have hybridized a food source and farmed it; something that is completely absorbed and would carry everything needed in one product. I was thinking a big worm.

Funny how the more I think about it the more I see the classic Grey! Eyes are huge but are those really the eyes or just some panels that can revert the light into brainwaves for the little buggers!
It seems any supposed military film of ET show them to be placed in low-light situations.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by prof7

justice

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
immortals. A unique race awaiting the end times.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Air vents, chimneys, waste removal, power sources, nutritional food resources and more would be needed. They'd require a closed society that prevents malcontents, adventurers and the anti-social from escaping and making their presence known too.They'd have reasons for not communicating with 'top-siders.'

Altogether, it seems improbable and likely overcrowded with all the good/evil aliens, hollow-Earthers, secret DUMBs, Gaia spirits, goblins, demons, Djinn and whatever else is claimed to be down there.

It's ATS so democratically-speaking I guess the answer is yes...they are all down there sending us peace n love messages or plotting our doom depending on whoever's belief-system is reading the thread.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Theres loads of stories from around the world of people finding tunnels or caverns and meeting strange people or cities in them. Somewhere I read about submarines were exploring huge tunnels going under california? I think one or two went missing Scorpian was it? probably rubbish I can't find it anywhere.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here is a link that has a few stories from people who claim to of been "inside hollow earth"

I have not read them yet but i thought i would share this link as it seems it will be a , to say the least, interesting read.

And as for the whole reptilian thing , there is a very enjoyable read called the "Lacerta Files" that i would recommend reading.The name Lacerta originates or comes from the constellation of the Lizard( just thought i would mention that).

On topic,I'm not really sure what to believe on this theory (hollow earth). It does sound far fetched but like somebody already mentioned to deny ignorance is to have a open mind, and to have a open mind you must at least consider the possibility that something you at the moment believe to be impossible may in fact be very possible and may well be "fact" in the future.

But yeah anyway here is the link ... www.ourhollowearth.com...

Peace

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

could it be?

There are a lot of caverns inside our earth. Could they hold a civilisation unknown to us? Them using aircrafts like the UFO's we see sometimes. An advanced civilisation? Could it be people from atlantis, still living inside our earth? Maybe we have bumped upon them while using our TBM's (tunnelboring machines). Could it be a secret held by the government. I'm speaking out of them now. Something new on the horizon?

YES! They have a door in through the northern pole!!!!!!!

" They’ll move next door.
They’ll be a part of the neighborhood.
But as sad as we are the company must love the misery."

I lie awake.
I was waiting for the clouds to break.
No doubt you’ve heard about the door in through the Northern Pole.
It’s hard to believe! People living underneath.
I hear they live on fruit and air. I hear they love ole Yogi Bear.
I hear they’re good at parking cars. I hear they want to be like we are.

They’ll move next door.
They’ll be a part of the neighborhood.
But as sad as we are the company must love the misery.
Now we’re on the darkside of forever I fear them hard times are beginning for real.

I hear their sky is pink all day. I hear they love ole Yogi Bear.
I hear they sneak around at night. I hear they want to be like we are.

We stay up late. We’re waiting for the clouds to break.
Through the barbecue smoke. Men from Mars. Man! It’s no joke.
We’re not alone. And eager eyes watch the sky.
My new buddies and me, we say, Misery must love company.
Now we’re on the darkside of forever I hear them hard times are beginning for real.
I lie awake. Waiting for the clouds to beak.
I lie awake. Waiting for the clouds to break.
I lie awake.
Waiting for the clouds to beak.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i have read this very long book online, but Chapter 6 is relevant here;
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Personally I believe there are many cities underground but the Hollow Earth name is distracting, as I believe both poles have a gravity anomaly that has produced bubbles in the crust.

In fact this fact is mentioned in the Book of Enoch;
visionsoftomorrow2012.blogspot.com...
(Quite long but really well thought out, just gets it wrong about the pyramids-humans built them with hidden knowledge we're not allowed to have.)

This bloke's blog has rather effectively canceled the pole shift idea (where we were supposed to have flipped before and will do again in 2012 BS)

Many years ago I had a dream/OBE to an underground city and they had much better medical appliances and there had their own light source, (that is mentioned in the top link.)
I am not going to tell you how to contact them as it takes a lot of psychic energy adn they value their privacy as we are too angry as a race.

And remember the Vikings and many folktales tell of underground places, they can't all be deluded or mistaken.
So yeah I believe.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I rather think of caverns instead of a hollow earth.

Isn't shamballa situated beneath india? There you have it, shamballa.
edit on 2011/5/16 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

could it be?

There are a lot of caverns inside our earth. Could they hold a civilisation unknown to us? Them using aircrafts like the UFO's we see sometimes. An advanced civilisation? Could it be people from atlantis, still living inside our earth? Maybe we have bumped upon them while using our TBM's (tunnelboring machines). Could it be a secret held by the government. I'm speaking out of them now. Something new on the horizon?
edit on 2011/5/15 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

No.

Also...
To the guy who said the US is fighting "creatures" that live in the caves of Afghanistan: yes. They're called the Taliban, and they do not have flying saucers.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join