It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband was in the NY Times yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm so proud of him for what steps he's taken to fight the dirty NCO group.
He was wrongfully billed and fought back, it's gotten to the point now where he is suing under the FDC Act.

How to Mend a Credit Report That's Not Really Broken

NCO SAID: Brian Callahan, a spokesman for NCO, said it did not comment on specific cases. He defended the company's practices, however, saying disputes were handled as required under federal law.)

Which is BS!! We had some gay dude call him and tell him he had practiced the FDCA for 7 years, while breaking almost every single law ! Harrassing him, calling him names, like a deadbeat, a loser, a dishonest man who doesn't pay his bills ect... Which is an offence, Brian told him not to call him again but they kept calling and harrassing him which is another offense.

Keep in mind he already paid this bill, he wrote on a check that said "cashing this check means full and final payment" , they cashed it and he photocopied it before he mailed it and they still bugged him for a sprint cell phone CANCELLATION FEE, which is bs, so he told them what the deal was and didn't listen, hence NCO got involved and made matters worse.

He sent them the photocopied check he mailed At&T but they kept calling back saying they never recied it and how he was lying and how he should stop making "matters worse and just pay the bill"...

Many people get intimidated by these demands and they should know they have rights and it's an offence under the FDCA to threaten people with legal action threaten people with continuing phone calls, harrassment, verbal abuse, ect.. They did it all...

[edit on 4-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I like this....

Keep us updated

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh I will, his lawer is definitely going after them, there going to file a class action lawsuit, their taking to the supreme court because this NCO group does this to EVERYBODY who has an account handed over to them.

His lawer wrote about 8 pages of demands and NCO is probably going to play poker till the end, then give in when they realise they aren't #in around.

They definitely do not have a case, and i'm really glad to see people standing up to collection agencies especially when they are INNOCENT.

They put it on his credit report and we he went to buy a second house it affedted his fica score by 40 points which is an offence to do also if you haven't been notified and especially if they did it to be pricks... which is what they did.

If you go to www.my3cents.com there is a whole area all about NCO, and their retard employee's sit on there all day making fun of people ect, they really get off on it which is pretty pathetic but they hire those kinds of deadbeat aholes to run ship over everybody.... go check its really bad...

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I just love how Sprint seems to have this allusion that US law somehow doesn't apply to them. When you bill someone and attempt to collect a debt that isn't owed, its fraud. Yeah, I had a run in with them as well. They put charges on my account that were false. We proved they were false and they admitted they knew they were false. The only problem was, no one could take them off. Seems the basic operation of today's accounting software eludes many companies when it comes to rectifying errors that don't work to their advantage. The final agreement. They close the account, zero it out and we go our separate ways..and I call off my state attorney general's office, the BBB, and of course the PSC. Yeah, here in KY, the Public Service Commission decides when and where new cell and PCS antennas and towers get put up so they really don't like them to get complaints.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I used to work for a wireless company in California. We had our own long distance provider. Sprint went and "Slamed" us month after month (slaming is were a long distance company has your long distance changed to them-without your approval and charged outragous month fee's and tried to take us to court to pay them. We contacted federal phone authorities and they had to fix it month after month after month, soon they became tired of hearing from us and would no longer help. Want to be the elected leader in charge of this was paid for,opps, given campain contrabutions by SPRINT.

new topics

top topics

join