It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is speeding up, but im still running slow...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Does anyone understand what I mean, the world around me is operating at a lightning pace, we are compressing time, one day is becoming a thousand days, and time is speeding up a thousand fold, however the ratio remains in tact, so that the passing of days still appears regular.

I think that there is a "universal clock" that the average person is running on, and I can understand the rapid increace in my mental development because contemplating for a few hours is the equivalent to meditation for many decades. My awareness is still running "dense" however, so I am able to compensate for the change in time, essentially, I can maintain a level of "inner time" usually at least 10 to 20 years behind the current rate of time, and when a window opportunity exists, it probably gives me about three seconds to escape...

You dig..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I'm gonna be honest i dont quite understand what you meant in your OP.

Are you relating to time dilation?

Apart from that -

There is one strange thing i have noticed lately though. For the past few months i have taken some time off work and spend more time staying up through the night and have been sleeping more through the day. I am not sure if it's just me but i have noticed that time seems to go quicker at night.

What i mean is, i can spend 4-6 hours on the computer through the night and the time fly's by but doing the same through the day, the time feels so slow and the day drags on and it feels like it takes forever.

I'm not sure if it's just a perception thing though. It's like if you sit there watching a great movie 2 hours goes pretty quick but if you sit at work for 2 hours the time goes soooo slow.

So it may just a perception thing rather than something real or pysical.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I do understand what you mean and so do alot of my friends and family.. Time does seem to be speeding up at an exhausting rate..
I know people say it just seems like that as you get older but I'm sure there is more to it than that..
Day, weeks, months and now years just seem to fly by..
If the days go any faster, I'd be scared to blink in case I miss one.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I not quit sure as to what you are talking about but I will say that there is something wrong with the nature of time. The flow is messed up big time and with that any thing is possible. At this rate there maybe a point as to clocks and even calendars become pointless or even useless.
edit on 5/15/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

What i mean is, i can spend 4-6 hours on the computer through the night and the time fly's by but doing the same through the day, the time feels so slow and the day drags on and it feels like it takes forever.

I'm not sure if it's just a perception thing though. It's like if you sit there watching a great movie 2 hours goes pretty quick but if you sit at work for 2 hours the time goes soooo slow.

I think thats a case of...."Time flys when your having fun"..
That's one old saying that I can honestly say seems correct..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

yeah the common sense side of me always brings me back to a perception issue and not something mysterious although i do agree with other statements that time may not be as simple and 'fluid' as we think it is.

I had some strange thoughts lately about time and how we perceive it. We know the past affects the present and the what we do in the present affects our future but what if the future can also affect the past. I often wonder about pychics, prophets and people that claim to see the future. The list of credible people isnt very long but i often wonder that if the future can be seen in some cases then are some events destined to occur no matter what and then if they are that would mean that predetermined events would have to affect the past and present.

Another that may be a perception issue, did you ever notice that the older you get the faster time seems to go. I remember being young and while i was in school, waiting for school holidays or end of term. Waiting to turn 18 or get my drivers lisence etc. It seemed to take forever

Now that i am in my mid 20's time seems to go too quick and the years go by so fast.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I believe it comes down to distractions. There are many more ways to distract oneself with all the latest technology and gadgets and less time to find to do the simpler things in life. I also feel the days going by quicker and quicker!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Hmmmm I kinda with Havock...not sure where you were headed with this...but I'm gonna try though in "something"

A few years back I seen/saw ???sp a show "documentary" about flies, that being said, they showed what TV looks like to a fly....it was almost strobe like, each frame of the show was like in super slow motion....

I think it has alot to do with size...generally speeking, the smaller the animal the faster time goes...but not really fast just ....you understand..."I hope"
It has something to do with heart beats..speed of...I should google it and post a link but someone will know it ans give 100% number....on average every living thing, has an avarage of "x" number of heart beats...
For some reason 500 million sounds right....
To me time is relevant to size and you understanding of lifespan......use it wisely "we only get so many days"
quote Avett Bros

Listen to the entire song...the quotes in the end, and its a great tune........
edit on 15-5-2011 by Doc Holiday because: change tihs to this and through to though and damn OCD and blank boxs

One more quote ...my Dad.... "Lifes a lot like a roll of toilet paper, at fisrt there is plenty, then as life 'the roll" goes on it goes faster and faster".....and....."always eat desert 1st, at my age you may not live through dinner"
edit on 15-5-2011 by Doc Holiday because: addedd a couple of my favorite Dad quotes

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I feel as though time has speeded up. I have felt the speed increasing for several years now. I think that even when our parents said time goes faster as you get older, they were more right than they realized. Each year, time is speeding up. Look at kids today. They are speeding up too. I was still a kid at 10. Now they are dating!! Maybe a little to much but I do see a maturity about them earlier. What advancement in technology would take several years are now happening overnight. I do feel time has somehow speeded up. I just feel it but can't really put my finger on it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I was just talking to a freind on the phone and he asked what I was doing and I told him I was on ATS reading about time speeding up and he told me to look up some thing called Schumann Resonance. I did and found this. Looks like there just maybe something to this time speeding up thing. I am going to have to do some more research on this.

“Time is actually speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second, The military have used this as a very reliable reference. However, since 1980 this resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This mean there is the equalivant of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours. “

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I have long wondered about this.

I am only speculating, but it seems to me that the only two things that could affect the planetary resonance in this way are the time constant, c, or the size of the planet.

f=c/lambda

so an increase in frequency is either the earth getting smaller or the time constant gettting faster.

neither of these are "supposed" to change, but I wonder.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Maybe it's both?

I feel time is speeding up as well...im definitely going to have to look into the schumanns resonance thing more.
edit on 15-5-2011 by matrixportal because: sp

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think what you are experiencing is the theory of relativity.

Let me put relativity in simple terms. Einstein said something like this as well.

If you put your hand on a hot stove for a few minutes it feels like an hour has passed. Sit next to a pretty girl for an hour and it feels like only a few minutes have passed.

If you feel that your life has been good or enjoyable, then time may seem as though it is going by quite quickly.

But on a side note, time is a man made unit of existence.
edit on 15-5-2011 by TheMessenger1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I am suggesting that there is an artificial component that keeps us in our own time-relative, like a matrix dimension, the system has to compensate by creating loopholes or miniscule "time skips" at certain calculated intervals, however, if you can create enough differential between your awareness and the time relative in the surrounding environment, if the whole thing were to "flip" then there might actually be windows to escape, to where? Basically a time relative where things are not as linear and "concrete" as this reality.

A theory I know, but I sense it, I see what appear to be "doorways" - that look sort of like a hexagon nested into another hexagon, with lines connecting there respective points on the interior, I see them everywhere, on walls, on computer screens, even in my mind.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
you'll find a place in this world systemresistor

-----------------------------------------------------------------

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No, the world will find a place for me.
edit on 18-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Please qualify your interpretation of "time" more accurately, so that we may better understand what you're meaning to say.

Time is fairly objective, yet relative at the same time. There is only space-time, and space can only be measured by the relations of two or more objects.

I don't apply most of the new age terminology to my interpretations of what's going on. Your use of "dense" is a bit off from my perspective.

What I see is that resources are dwindling, the climate is changing at a pace not seen in eons, and there's far too many people on this rock as is, for sustainable development to be realized on our current trajectory.

As a result, people are moving faster. Information is flowing faster out of necessity. The earth as a whole (ourselves included) are evolving at an unprecedented rate within the contextual time-frame of our evolution as a species.

People are "trippin' out", and doing what they can to get by. Some are keeping up. Others are being left behind.

If you have gastro-intestinal issues, do try to clear it up. Bomb the gut, then replenish it with probiotics. Make some kefir and kombucha. Pop some nutritional supplements, and eat a whole foods diet. As you regain focus, start integrating all that you seem to have missed over the last bit.

Evolve or decay, brother.

edit on 18-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Ok, basically, to understand time and space, you need to understand the paradox of consciousness. The paradox of consciousness is that you can never see yourself, as you are one that is always going to be behind your own eyes, however, we do see ourselves, because we are looking through an infinite loop. The only way to disrupt an infinite loop is to install a kind of "block" that can modulate the flow of consciousness, and thus the flow of perception, giving rise to a sense of linear or "stepped" time. Depending upon the frequency rate, there are different frequencies of time, and the experience of these are dependent upon the relativity of the other time-frequencies that one is interacting with. For example, if I exist in a slow time frequency, then a person with a time frequency that is 5 times faster than mine can perform action "x" 5 times for every one time that I perform action "x", within the space of one unit of time, "t". "t" is basically the equilibrium point of reference for all surrounding time frequencies, and action "x" is itself is a paradox, as it is a universal constant that is technically an error, kind of like dividing by zero.
edit on 18-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I see no paradox here, and don't really follow.

Sorry.

I think what you're referring to as "density" and "frequency" can better be understood as adrenaline...

Some people have much more adrenaline/dopamine running through their system, and they seem to be virbating at a higher frequency or what have you. In reality, it's likely genetic polymorphisms, and/or illnesses which cause our systems to pump out massive amounts of adrenaline to keep running. I think the latter is more prevalent these days. People are diseased, and feeling all "spiritually enlightened". Probably fungal infections. Systemic candida comes to mind.
edit on 18-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join