It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vrillon revisted 3 months later

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

So given the amount of threads already covering this issue, one has to ask oneself.....Why?

This event has offered no real conclusive evidence that it was a hoax.

The motives behind said hijackers of the radio station are not clear given the message of peace being broadcast.

The hijackers have never owned up to this (Thats not to say the government cant get someone soon to 'admit' to it in the near future). Now given the history of ego based rebellion type activities, does this event fit into that type of category? What category can this be pigeon-holed into? Surely it is one in its own with the articulation of the language spoken, the message of peace being delivered and the request being made of us human beings, not a hard request, not a monetary request...a request to listen to our own inner voice, learn to live in peace and put down our weapons.

Given current events, the message doesn't at all seem like a hoax. Just because it doesnt fit into a rational minds idea of a message being delivered, given it's context and form of delivery, though surely if it is conceivable that life exists elsewhere, then why is it not possible that they are trying to warn and help us into this transition/ascension that supposedly may be happening. Evidence suggests that there is possibly something happening. Earths changes, worldwide historic texts all pointing to one date, which so far I cannot decode whether it is Oct 28, 2011 OR 21 Dec 2012, mean that we as individually minded beings should at the very least, tuning into even our most basic instinct, survival, want to investigate and find what may be in store for us. Doesn't even the curious mind wonder why, if we contain within our bodies a link to our spiritual/hallucinogenic self, this being our pineal gland, ask yourself why we are so disconnected from nature, or even the gland itself.

Maybe the requests being proposed to us in this message are entirely real. All it is asking for is for us to connect with our inner voice which will help us know the truth (What lately have we 'known' the truth of? Osama Bin Laden and Birth Cert are the most immediate events to come to mind but look deeper maybe at laws being changed in your country).

It speaks of people taking our energy which we call money and will give us worthless dross in return. Who at the moment feels that someone is taking their money from them and giving them nothing in return? I do. I'm sure most Lower to Middle Class Americans do (Australian myself, living in Australia). Can we truly confirm what they put our money too...evil ends might be a good assumption.

Given the Mexican governments disclosure on UFO activity
(And even the russian video release narrated by Roger Moore
, I think), we, as a species, have seen their lights in the sky, although not personally.

There are more beings on or around us than our scientists admit...'on' surely means present with us and 'around' gives the premise of maybe with us, but not in the same dimension, if you are following this line of thought.

The time of conflict has past. This message was delivered in 1977. The true world conflicts had past at that moment in time
, this statement seems current AND it also directed advice for future events, something we took no heed of .

The rest of the message is, well, following a line of thought that you truly have to believe in to understand. I believe those two words are why this message was broadcast to that audience. Truly believe. If everyone who heard that message and truly believed it what would have happened? Imagine a moment in time, a separate pathway that took us down that road. What would have been the outcome? What if the government came out and said it was an alien broadcast and we are re-transmitting it to the rest of the world. Where would we be now?

I pose these questions and some of my personal explanations and understandings to this event to try to see what everyone feels about it.

edit on 15-5-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by LightAssassin because: embedded video

edit on 15-5-2011 by LightAssassin because: embedded video

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
what are you talking about?
this?

i dont understand the 3 months bit... it was 33-34 years ago..

i see you have added your video after i made this post..
edit on 15/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Previous thread was 3 months ago

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So, I'm reading the text from the first video..(I hate listening to video's,I would rather read them)..

My kid has Bugs Bunny on in the background....near the end of the Video,UP pops the words Looney Tunes Cartoons.....

Guess which Bugs cartoon is on at the exact same moment I'm reading it?

You guessed it.. The Martian Doode one!!

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnn!

I called my wife in to read it while Martian man was on..

I Asked her what it means?

She said "it means your phsyco... " So I looked up phsyco in Urban Dictionary and it says it means an 11 year old was too lazy to look up the correct spelling.
www.urbandictionary.com...

I feel stooopid now.

Good thread though.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Very good thread indeed and very interesting. Never heard of this event. Will look up further.

Flagged.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
...The motives behind said hijackers of the radio station are not clear given the message of peace being broadcast.

I would say the motives were simply that it is fun to pull a prank. I don't now why the peaceful message would be relevant to whether or not it was just a prank.

The main thing that makes me think this is just a hoax is that if these aliens were real, and actually had a very important message to tell the world, why would it be on only one TV station in south-east England that probably only reached (at the most) a few hundred thousand people? That's only about 0.01% of the world's population.

You would think that if they have the ability for interstellar travel, they would have found a better way to get their message to more people.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes, and I do agree somewhat, but it mentions that small groups all over the planet already know this...so maybe the target audience is only meant to be for small groups and they were trying to fastrack the knowledge of a larger 'group'. Unfortunately the media immediately called it a hoax and nothing more was done about it. Of course the majority who initially were worried by the message were quick to believe it was a hoax, I guess for peace of mind. So really the message failed. Do we know when the first crop circles appeared? en.wikipedia.org... 'In 1991, self-professed pranksters Doug Bower and Dave Chorley stated that they had started the phenomenon in 1978 by making actual circles on crops with the use of simple tools.[4] After their announcement, in a demonstration the two men made a crop circle in one hour.' Maybe the fact the first documented crop circle was in 1978 maybe this was the next step of communication?

Given the level of co-ordination to take over '5' towers and simultaneously communicate this message...an incredibly elaborate hoax that, in my opinion, would have the hoaxers, if they are, in which I believe they're not, jumping to claim the rights to this hoax. It's 1977, no mobile phones...just try to consider all factors before coming to the hoax conclusion.

I can understand how some would be 'undecided' on the issue, but just calling it a hoax based on your interpretation of what said aliens interstellar travel capabilities are, maybe their backwards compatibility ain't too great...I mean we could speculate all day on this type of discussion BUT we are really only looking at facts and reading into what was said...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

It was only one of "Southern Television's" transmitters (the Hannington transmitter) that was hijacked -- not all of them. It does take some know-how and equipment to do so, but it wasn't impossible for a hoaxer to jam the signal of the Hannigton Transmitter. The Hannington transmitter was not directly fed from a land line (not directly wired to the broadcast studio) but rather repeated the signals it received from another transmitter. Therefore, with a strong enough signal close to and directed at the Hannington Transmitter, it is possible for someone to "pirate" that transmitter.

Something similar was done in Chicago in 1987 (twice in one night) with both a news broadcast and Dr. Who being taken over by a person wearing a "Max Headroom" mask. Unless you think this Max Headroom hoax was also done by aliens, this indicates that it is possible for normal hoaxers to intrude on a TV broadcast.

Max Headroom Incident

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

OK, Agreed. I can't backup the multiple tower statement because i had read it somewhere but cannot find the source so I have to agree. That incident (Max Headroom) WAS 10 years later though but it proved it was feasible 10 years later.

If, say, you decided that instead of trying to see the how it can't be real, how would you feel if you knew it was real? What is wrong with believing that it's real when other things we believe in, science and religion, are still based on evidence even flimsier than my own. This incident is unique, and the message was unique. Where would we be as humans now if we banded together and followed the instructions. Spiritually connected, fine tuned humans in tune with planet Earth. But we're not. We're polluting our oceans now with oil and nuclear waste. The air most of the West coast of America is breathing is radioactive. Hawaii is copping massive doses and it's even spread as far as Europe. Why are they (and I say they because WE are not in control of THEIR actions) being so careless with energy production over the last 30 odd years? So much so it's going to poison populations silently. Maybe thats the aim, depending on what you've read.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I believe the Vrillon message to be real! It´s so unique and weird, yet so logical and true in it´s essence.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I believe it to be true and was reading about it just last week. The articile I was reading was saying that the cost and technology to even be able to do it at that time in '77 would have been near to impossible. There was never any evidence found at the Transmitter site and one would have to get right up to it. But even then one would have to cut off the other transmission, yet were can still here it in the background.

But most important is what he said. It was very prophetic at that time, and would really relate to where we have come in this begining of Aquairus. The leaders are taking our taxes and spending it on weapons. Draining our energy just to earn enough to barely get by. And we are waking up to the fact that some of their thoughts are pretty evil. Which is one reason they would for sure tell us it is a hoax today.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

OK, Agreed. I can't backup the multiple tower statement because i had read it somewhere but cannot find the source so I have to agree. That incident (Max Headroom) WAS 10 years later though but it proved it was feasible 10 years later.

If, say, you decided that instead of trying to see the how it can't be real, how would you feel if you knew it was real? What is wrong with believing that it's real when other things we believe in, science and religion, are still based on evidence even flimsier than my own. This incident is unique, and the message was unique. Where would we be as humans now if we banded together and followed the instructions. Spiritually connected, fine tuned humans in tune with planet Earth. But we're not. We're polluting our oceans now with oil and nuclear waste. The air most of the West coast of America is breathing is radioactive. Hawaii is copping massive doses and it's even spread as far as Europe. Why are they (and I say they because WE are not in control of THEIR actions) being so careless with energy production over the last 30 odd years? So much so it's going to poison populations silently. Maybe thats the aim, depending on what you've read.

Meaning TPTB are taking the psychopathic route that if they can't control the world no one else will? Even if you accept the fact that this message came from real ET's; I can't help but to think of the fact that there is only two reasons why someone would want to un-arm another. Because they either want to enslave another or because they want to wipe out another.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I understand that thought, but take a step back from your constitution for a moment. If our country asked your country to disarm...it's not because we Aussies want to invade. We're peaceful generally. Why is it so hard to imagine that they dont want us to destroy this planet or ourselves. You could be on the right line of thought, in that maybe they're like farmers wanting to protect their sheep BUT the message is just asking things so simple and common sense.

The time for conflict is finished....America and Australia fought REAL wars...WWI and WWII against a real oppressive enemy who was slaughtering millions of people. Every war after that has been petty, over petty little things. No real substance to it. That was the time for us to direct money into helping poor countries and feed the starving, even in just our own countries. Not continue weapons development.

Plus, surely they have tech and weapons that far exceed our own capabilities.

TPTB have always thrived off power. Power is Money, Money is Energy, Energy is Power. They are all one in the same. Why are countries so desperate to go Nuclear? Even Indonesia FFS. They even agreed to it WHILE Japan is having it's nuclear incident. INDONESIA.

I completely understand your viewpoint, but there has to come a time where you can just trust. I know why you're so defensive in your mentality. Our governments are bad. The systems set up to help us just slam us further into the ground. What if it was a real message of peace? From our real cousins. Our real neighbors.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It was in the News papers all over the world with the entire message. I would say whoever did it got the message across to the entire world. It is just a damn shame we did not listen to the warning or at least the powers that be.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I read a lot here but I very rarely post. I have heard this a few times and I find it very interesting. I would have to say that the person that is talking sounds like an English accent and even uses words such as "dross" which I think isn't commonly used in other countries. I believe it to be a fake, but understanding why someone would do something like this without any real point or follow up makes it even more confusing.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eDrinker
I read a lot here but I very rarely post. I have heard this a few times and I find it very interesting. I would have to say that the person that is talking sounds like an English accent and even uses words such as "dross" which I think isn't commonly used in other countries. I believe it to be a fake, but understanding why someone would do something like this without any real point or follow up makes it even more confusing.

This subject continues to fascinate me, because its still not been proven to be a hoax. With regard to the english accent, if I was an extra-terrestial ( although i sometimes look like one in the morning) i would adopt an accent and dialect that would be familiar and understandable to my listeners. However, this doesnt explain why vrillon would choose that particular low key station through which to deliver the message, Myself, i go for CNN or ITV. Still an interesting subject though.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

edit on May 22nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks Mod....appreciate your understanding....sexy cool avatar.

Thread re-opened after being closed by a minor political issue.

Anyway...now I have convinced the morderator this has no relation to the GFL we can start discussing the aspects again of this incident.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Don't you think that it could be a marketing trick? And probably a god damn good marketing trick, just imagine the increase of ratings on that television after this event.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why would aliens follow our ages and starsigns?

Surely they would have a completely different system and naming.

As soon as he said "age of Aquarius" it stuck out.

And again I'd think they would take control of the entire wavelengths in the world to transmit a true message.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join