It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: the secret battle for the riches of the Arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Revealed: the secret battle for the riches of the Arctic

www.independent.co.u k

Leaked cables show how nations are carving up pristine wilderness.

As the eight Arctic nations met in Greenland yesterday, cables released by WikiLeaks gave insight into the battle for control of the world's least explored region and the resources that lie beneath its icy waters.

Click HERE to upload graphic (74k jpg)

The cables show that Washington has an eye on the eventual independence of Greenland, a sparsely populated territory which functions as a protectorate of Denmark, and is looking at ways to strengthen its standing in the territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Last night I happened to zap past news-hour on Ned2 just surprised that I got stuck. The Arctic will melt quickly and apparently they actually fight over who should plunder and the looting erupted. If all the ice melts we still had a problem they said? Nothing wrong and is already making plans for the raid .. See below broadcast. Just flush to 18 min, ore 15min 15sec. (you see the prince abseilen, Dutch spoken)

player.omroep.nl...:00:00&end=00:53:02

www.independent.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
fast forward to 25min and 47sec You see Hilary Clinton speak out about the battle that already is started.

Personally I dont want them to touch any of the area's in the pole region. Ridiculous

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The use of fossil fuels causes the climate to change making the ice melt, which in turn causes more fossil fuels to be found and subsequently be used? A vicious circle

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What do we do about it.?

We live in a country. I live in the Netherlands, you in the UK. Where do you go? Our government has nothing to say/or vote about it

You can not touch their agenda's, at that level

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hmm North Africa and the Middle East aren't enough for these people; next up, the Arctic?

The fun part is, no matter how many countries or areas with oil the U.S. invades, gas prices will still remain high because the troops are basically securing the oil for the globalists, not the mass public. And then those bosses will decide what the price of oil is, regardless of how many stockpiles they have. Control all the world's supply, then set the price as you see fit...

This is getting out of control, they keep pushing and eventually, someone's going to push back...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
The use of fossil fuels causes the climate to change making the ice melt, which in turn causes more fossil fuels to be found and subsequently be used? A vicious circle

check your fire Sir,
this is what we are told by the tax collectors....
not true at all,
It is another scam.

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Well, you can continue believing that. I'll continue believing this

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If you could influence this drilling for Oil in the Artic. Would you be against it, or for it?

I would like to read several reply on this one. With a short motivation. No more than 7 lines answer.

I am against giving it : 1 (next one answers 2)

I am for giving it: A (next one answers b)

My opinion.

Because we are killing the planet. The reason the ice is gone, is the reason we are going to drill. Its dangerous, to mess with the hearth of the planet. I consider both pole's as part of the hearth of the world

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The Poles ]will not be the poles when the earth changes its axis will it?

then who cares really, its all just the way it is. i do not see those who complain on here, denounce electricity and their motor vehicles and plastic computers.

grow up!
edit on 16-5-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Great!!

More Fighting over who gets what...

If things were distributed equally among Nations then there would e no problems in the World... as usual it comes down to Greed!!!

Once all this has melted you can see that the big players will get their claws into it straight away.... building all over it!!!

new topics

top topics

join