It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares about the Al Quieda!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Like Chris Rock said, I'm not scared of Al Qeada, I am scared of Al-Cracker. When was the last time Al-qeada dragged a black man or a gay man from the back of a truck in chains? When was the last time Al-qeada marched on a town?

This may be true, but the days of bieng scared of the men riding into town after sundown have been replaced with the thought of a terrorist attack that can occur at ANY time. That is a sh***Y feeling. I am not afraid of AQ, i am afraid of the attack to come. I am not even sure if I was president, how I would attack if there are more icidents in the US, which are inevitable. (but I would start with Saudi Arabia, unless my ded had a few deals still going with them
)

AQ is not the brainchild of our goverment to blame ANY bombing on. There are also multiple factions and cells with the same idealistic views of AQ that claim many lives in terrorist attacks each year. YOu just don't hear about them. Only those attacks that would benefit our 'medias ratings' are relayed to us.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A terrorist organization needs money and management to survive. Osama bin Laden supplied the $$$, and his right hand man (forgot his name) supplied the management.

Over the last couple of decades, several terrorist organizations have experienced money troubles as many countries have gotten wise to their fund raising methods and blocked them. Some of these organizations, as they ran out of money, came to Osama bin Laden looking for help. Bin Laden basically tells them, "OK, you can have some of my money, but you play by MY rules." He doesn't care if they're called "al Queada" or use their own name; the point is, he's funding them now, and they do his bidding if they want to keep the money coming in.

I'd also like to comment that these are NOT stupid people. Sure, there are many illiterates with explosives on his payroll, but he's also got scientists, financiers, and corrupt politicians (like in Afghanistan and Pakistan) on his payroll too. Sept. 11, 2001, shows that they are entirely capable of the kind of attacks that we once thought were ridiculous. We should have crushed al Queada over 20 years ago when it was in its infancy; but we either ignored them or dealt with them passively, which made the terrorist attacks worse and worse (the 1993 WTC bombing, the 1998 Kenya/Tanzania embassy bombings, the 2000 USS Cole attack, up to the penultimate, Sept. 11, 2001) until it finally got so bad that our politicians HAD to do something about it. If we don't crush them now, the next attack will be even worse -- especially if they get their hands on WMDs in Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, or from corrupt Russians...

P.S. -- To lighten the mood a little, am I the only person that sees the analogy of Cobra Commander to Osama bin Laden?
Both wanted to rule the world by destroying it, both ran large international terrorist organizations (al Queada and Cobra) and the fight against them took place all over the planet. Where's G.I. Joe when you need them?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I watched the holy war inc on national geographic last night, pretty interesting stuff.

Al Qaeda, started by Bin Laden, his enemy was the soviet union in the beginning, he beat them, and forced his energy to the next superpower, the US.
He sees the US as invading muslim land and thus he fights for what he thinks is right, the USS cole only happened because the ship they tried to bomb before that sunk instead. The US embassy in Africa was done by them, there was a sleeper in the US military who became a general he was to take a trip to paris but when to pakistan to fight he was responsible for the bombing in Africa.
9-11 apparantly was when they brought their war to America. After that we are worrying about financial buildings which now they are saying there were sleepers working for these corporations ever since they got that guy from Tanania the other day they've been saying those people could of only worked in those buildings because they supplied information to him about emergency escape routes, fire routes, detailed information about what the building looked like, ect. They exist, but the question is, is the government involed with them ?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Love the Cobra reference to OBL

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Did anybody really hear about this fabled "Al Qaeda" before 9/11 ?

It really seems like Scoutmaster Cheney and Eagle Scout Bush's all-purpose boogerman to be whispered about around the national campfire...Emmanuel Goldstein, to be hated every day...oh HE'S OUT THERE all right....

wouldn't shock me to find out that they were actually on the Halliburton payroll, whoever they are...
considering that we're being told that they WILL attack, and we WILL vote for Bush if they do...
that IS terror.....

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croker
Did anybody really hear about this fabled "Al Qaeda" before 9/11 ?

...Considering that we're being told that they WILL attack, and we WILL vote for Bush if they do... that IS terror.....

Actually, if there's another major terrorist attack in the U.S. before the elections in November, that will destroy Bush's credibility, and he'll be guaranteed to lose, big time.

Yes, al Qaeda has been around for 20 years now, growing from a grassroots terrorist organization to one that's global in reach. It is responsible for such terrorist attacks as the 1993 WTC bombing, the 1998 Kenya & Tanzania embassy bombings, the 2000 USS Cole attack, and multiple terrorist acts in Russia, India, and Israel since the 1980's. The only reason that your "average joe" didn't know that name is because the media didn't think it was worth reporting on in detail until after Sept. 11, 2001. However, anyone who kept up with world events has known about al Qaeda for years.

[edit on 8/3/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
its not like they were based soley in afghanistan, they have forces all over the middle east and have many cells working within the western nations as well. if they were able to pull off the madrid attacks they obviously still are a force to be reckoned with.

not that i believe al qaeda carried out 9-11 or anything like that.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
First of all Taliban has not being eradicated in Afghanistan and they are still good in numbers, and for the Al-queda they are not gone either they changed their tactics of terror.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Al-Qeada has been in operation for a long time, and Afghanistan is nowhere near stable. The Herion trade is once again fully functioning and the Warlords are restless. Throw in Paki and the rest of the "not ready for prime time Middle east players" and you have a haven for terrorist organizations, especially AQ.
The only way to effectively win the war on terror, is not to provide democracy to every nation there is, through our 'help'. It is to turn towards our own nation, secure our own borders. How many more terrorists are we going to still 'school' in America. The pics you see on the news are genrealy the same 6 guys running and jumping on a set of monkey bars and with some smoke or a car jacking, with a caption that says Al-qeada training footage. These guys are the foot soldiers, the grunts. There are financial gurus who hide,pass and launder money, engineers and scientist who can create the weapons and research they need. Deep pockets from unknown guys in Turbans from a place with the initials SA. These are not stupid people, and many have gone to very good colleges in the US.

side rant- Is this our own fault though? Should we not let those of the Muslim faith to attend our schools or colleges? I live in FL and the other night I saw an ad for flight school. For just $49, yes, 49 dollars you can learn to fly. WTF? Have we not learned anything?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join