It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Scotland Yard fights to keep Jack the Ripper files secret

page: 4
20
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by wcitizen
If they wanted to protect the 'informers' they could simply redact the name/names of the informer/informers.


Ripper researchers are pretty hot on uncovering stuff, I wouldn't like to bet that they couldn't find a name.



If the name does not appear in the documents they won't find it there. That's the only salient point.




There's no evidence at all that 'royalty' was involved, you might as well say 'if there was evidence it was aliens'

We'd all love to see the files, but if there is any risk to people alive today then personally I can wait.


Not at all, there are many rumours that it was to do with an aristocrat or royalty - I've never heard a rumor about aliens.




posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Golithion
 


Maybe there are family members of Jack the ripper still around today, family members who would not want to be linked with a serial killer.


maybe there are family members of all the victims still around today, family members who would like to know who did it and why?



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen
 


there were slaughter houses in the area, my personnal opinion is that it could of been somebody from there, somebody who killed on a daily basis and was skilled at it, felt powerful taking a life and watching it fade away, and decided to try his skills out on humans.

but the thing with the ripper case is that there are so many suspects and bits of evidence that it is almost impossible to be certain on anything.

however with this new information about not releasing files, i am leaning away from that now as it implys to me they are not protecting a person but a organisation/institution etc. if it were just a common slaughter house worker i am sure they would just release them.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Seems to me that Scotland Yard is either hiding something (to protect someone/s or something) or they just want to keep the enigma going for tourism. I doubt finding out who Jack the Ripper officially was (if they even know) would do too much to impact the Ripper tourism industry, but you never know.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
If the name does not appear in the documents they won't find it there. That's the only salient point.

not true... there are other ways of finding out who someone was, eg if for example the name blanked out was an Irishman committed to an asylum in January one would only have to search asylum records to find an Irishman committed in January that had worked/lived in Whitechapel in the Autumn of 1888... Your under estimating the powers of the people researching the ripper.




Originally posted by wcitizenNot at all, there are many rumours that it was to do with an aristocrat or royalty - I've never heard a rumor about aliens.


RUMOURS exactly, zero evidence... Anyone can start a rumour...



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A long time ago I read a theory that the Ripper was a woman.
Any ideas on that?

The reason they are giving has to do with informants.
So was there an informant that was royaly connected or otherwise important?
Was the important informant having an affair with the Ripper?

Removing organs is what is done in the cattle mutilations of these days.
So what is the significance of the organs removed?



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED
 


no no no jack the ripper was taken by the vorlons for his saditic nature to be used as in inquisitor to be thawed out when ever they needed him until he had to interogate delen or or the eqivilent to see if he/she was worthy of leading vorlons man vorlons (hope some one gets the refrence......)



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
Seems to me that Scotland Yard is either hiding something (to protect someone/s or something) or they just want to keep the enigma going for tourism. I doubt finding out who Jack the Ripper officially was (if they even know) would do too much to impact the Ripper tourism industry, but you never know.


I favor one of these (or both of these arguments) ... it does seem doubtful that maintaining secrecy has to do with one element, more than likely there are many elements involved in this decision. I do hope pressure continues though, this is one mystery that should be put to rest after all this time, presuming there is a known answer.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by wcitizen
If the name does not appear in the documents they won't find it there. That's the only salient point.

not true... there are other ways of finding out who someone was, eg if for example the name blanked out was an Irishman committed to an asylum in January one would only have to search asylum records to find an Irishman committed in January that had worked/lived in Whitechapel in the Autumn of 1888... Your under estimating the powers of the people researching the ripper.


I don't believe that protecting the descendants of whistleblowers is the real reason this is not being made public.




Originally posted by wcitizenNot at all, there are many rumours that it was to do with an aristocrat or royalty - I've never heard a rumor about aliens.




RUMOURS exactly, zero evidence... Anyone can start a rumour...


Yes, and I didn't start the rumor, it has been about for decades. I was simply explaining that that rumor is what I was referring to.
edit on 22-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
A long time ago I read a theory that the Ripper was a woman.
Any ideas on that?

The reason they are giving has to do with informants.
So was there an informant that was royaly connected or otherwise important?
Was the important informant having an affair with the Ripper?

Removing organs is what is done in the cattle mutilations of these days.
So what is the significance of the organs removed?


Some kind of ritutal sacrifice?



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by wcitizen
 


there were slaughter houses in the area, my personnal opinion is that it could of been somebody from there, somebody who killed on a daily basis and was skilled at it, felt powerful taking a life and watching it fade away, and decided to try his skills out on humans.

but the thing with the ripper case is that there are so many suspects and bits of evidence that it is almost impossible to be certain on anything.

however with this new information about not releasing files, i am leaning away from that now as it implys to me they are not protecting a person but a organisation/institution etc. if it were just a common slaughter house worker i am sure they would just release them.


That's a very interesting theory.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Years ago on tv programme I watched, it was said that the files had gone missing. Its probably true because can you image the police owning up to having lost one of the most famous and historic murder case files?

I doubt Jack the Ripper Tours will suffer because they were so macabre and so well known. I found it weird when visiting friends in the East End we were actually walking down a street the Ripper would have gone.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Dr Thomas Neill Cream was a suspect and his last words were "Im jack the... " but I was always favorable of David Cohen or James Kelly out of all of the suspects. David Cohen/Nathan Kaminsky (NOT Kosminski) in particular.

In any case, the excuse as to why they refuse to open the files is ludicrous..



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Some more ripper info out in the press.

Jergen the Ripper?
He was German?


On this day 123 years ago, Jack the Ripper claimed his first victim. But who was this serial killer? This new e-fit finally puts a face to Carl Feigenbaum, a key suspect from Germany.
“I have for years suffered from a singular disease which induces an all-absorbing passion, this passion manifests itself in a desire to kill and mutilate every woman who falls in my way, I am unable to control myself”

Convicted of murdering his landlady in Manhattan, Feigenbaum died in the electric chair in New York's Sing Sing prison in 1894. His lawyer suspected him of the Ripper murders too.


www.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz
 


I had heard talk that maybe the Ripper had moved to New York and committed murders there too, so that's quite interesting. I wonder if we'll ever know who he was?



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The minute they reveal any informants, is the minute people stop informing.

I know I wouldn't.



new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join