It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Yard fights to keep Jack the Ripper files secret

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Golithion

I guess it depends if that family is in the public eye in the UK, a Family much respected by the British who's weddings are watched by millions around the world.

A prince no less.
Though I doubt anyone really cares anymore. Surely everyone and his dog has seen the film *From Hell* by now, even if only for yummy Johnny Depp eyecandy. In that they attributed it all to the royal surgeon who was also suprise, suprise - a mason.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

It was also the Royal Surgeon in the 80's Jack The Ripper starring Michael Caine. Sounds logical too. Not sure how well it fits with known facts though, such as whether he had a good alibi.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There is a theory Jack escaped to New York, where he killed under a new name and was eventually apprehendet.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason is that the family's bloodline is such that they do not want anything indicating ritualistic evil past or present connected with said bloodline...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maybe there are family members of Jack the ripper still around today, family members who would not want to be linked with a serial killer.

Family members with a heck of a lot of clout! A high profile type is not going to want it to come out that their father was old Jack and that he was let off because of the family "name"

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've heard that Jack the Ripper was a doctor. It may be the case that his tortures involved experimenting and or testing theories. The NAZIs developed an extensive amount of research during their evils persecution that has been restricted from publishing and held from public based on ethical grounds of not benefiting from research acquired from inhumanity. There are many things about the human body many powerful organizations dont want released including knowledge involved in creating false miracles, hallucinations (including levitation and inanimate objects bending), and creating the effects myths, rumors, and legends have attributed to spirits, demons, and to give the appearance of the power of statues.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would have been surprised if they had released that file.
After all they have been sitting on it for so long.
They have their own agenda and reason and who knows...
There is probably nothing earth shattering contained there.

Lets not forget that all that royalty stuff is just hogwash.
Rumours of a cover up really pertain to...among other things,
The release of a viable suspect ie Tumblety...or indeed
the fear of anti jewish sentiment...with regard to Kosminski.

If there was any new substantial information to be had from an official source.
It would have surfaced long ago.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

That is because Jack the Ripper was never caught. This is just the Scotland Yard trying to cover their buts. They did not catch Jack. They did not catch Lord Lucan. They are nearly worthless. What is one big case they have solved in the last fifteen years?

All I hear are crickets.
SeraphNB

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just to add...

The ripper was not a doctor.
And neither clever nor cunning.
And no not even royalty...
A lot of ideas and theories emerged in the years that followed.
Artists and authors...and armchair detectives all added to the mix...
And the legend grew.

Any interest in Jack can be easily sated
Just browse the casebook.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
SPECIAL BRANCH DOSSIERS ON JACK THE RIPPER

Hi all,

Having been interested in JTR for over twenty-five years now, I still believe there is new information to be revealed in the Jack The Ripper case. These dossiers maybe just that.

What is it, that warrants such a determined refusal to release these dossiers??
Surely, it cannot be for any of the reasons put forward so far. All a bit pathetic!!!
The question that longs to be asked is: Why Special Branch????
Surely, they only policed concerns dealiing with nation and international threats to the Country. How is Jack a threat to National Security??? Or, could be the other way round? Were his victims, or was one particular victim a threat to National Security???
The LVP was a very turbulent time, both at home and abroad, especially with the issue of Home Rule in Ireland, and the renewed Fenian bombings on mainland Britain. This is the concerns that the Special Branch dealt with, not common murders, no matter how gruesome.

So why has Special Branch got four dossiers of info on the whitechapel/Jack the Ripper murders???
Are the murders connected to the Irish issue?? Mary Jane Kelly was Irish. Of all the victims, including those not identified as the canonical five, she is the only one still a mystery to investigators. No-one has been able to conclusively prove anything of her existence prior to April 1887. Why??? Was Kelly even her real name???

Could Mary Jane Kelly and her Irish background be the reason for Special Branch interest in the JTR murders???
It is stated that Irish Special Branch officers were present at 13 Miller's Court on the 9th November 1888. Why???
Had Kelly previously been involved in any way, in terrorist attacks??
Do the JTR murders have their roots in a murder committed six years previously, but which was still very much an issue at the time of the murders in 1888???

Lots of questions. Questions which I would personally liked to see answered.

Just a thought for the readers. Forget the Royal family!! Let me ask you this.
Why was the British Government so deeply involved/interested in this spate of murders of ordinary down-and-out prostitutes in the East End of London??? What was so special about these murders???

Cheers,

Jfripper.

PS. Comments welcome.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Jfripper because: Last minute change

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb
reply to post by skjalddis

That is because Jack the Ripper was never caught. This is just the Scotland Yard trying to cover their buts. They did not catch Jack.

It's no secret Policing was a bit on the poor side back then, I hardly think such an old crime is an embarressment to Scotland Yard, as such they have no reason to cover their butts.

Originally posted by Jfripper
Just a thought for the readers. Forget the Royal family!! Let me ask you this.
Why was the British Government so deeply involved/interested in this spate of murders of ordinary down-and-out prostitutes in the East End of London??? What was so special about these murders???

He was a serial killer, Englands first modern serial killer I believe, that makes it a pretty big deal. The fact that even today its considered a story of interest suggests it also would have been at the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

There was a few before him that most haven`t heard of.
Take Mary Ann Cotton.
She killed 21 people.

I read a book about her over twenty years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

There was something different with the ripper murders.
Too many unopened files.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

I just watched a doco a few nights ago about female serial killers and their use of poison to kill. Interesting, Thanks for the Cotton link. She seems to have killed alot more than the ripper did...and she married them

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Golithion

Maybe there are family members of Jack the ripper still around today, family members who would not want to be linked with a serial killer.

Its not about his family, its about the family of the informers...... My great grandfather was born in Whitechapel in 1886, one of his sons and a daughter are still alive now.... So its not too many generations back and memories can run deep....

If the informants had Irish connections for example (very likely in Whitechapel at that time) then it might be wise to keep those names under wraps for a little longer, reprisals could be nasty and for the sake of releasing some information about a serial killer who is long gone its not worth putting the families of informers at risk.
edit on 21/6/11 by Versa because: very poor spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Frankly I think the rationale about protecting informers of three generations ago is a smoke screen. Imo, the files must contain something damning about prominent families or bloodlines in the establishment, otherwise they would be released.

If they wanted to protect the 'informers' they could simply redact the name/names of the informer/informers.

If it was royalty and it was covered up it would open up a huge can of worms. I hope they are released.
edit on 21-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
If they wanted to protect the 'informers' they could simply redact the name/names of the informer/informers.

Ripper researchers are pretty hot on uncovering stuff, I wouldn't like to bet that they couldn't find a name.

Originally posted by wcitizenIf it was royalty and it was covered up it would open up a huge can of worms. I hope they are released.

There's no evidence at all that 'royalty' was involved, you might as well say 'if there was evidence it was aliens'

We'd all love to see the files, but if there is any risk to people alive today then personally I can wait.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Who wants to bet Jack The Ripper was connected to the royal family?

Wouldn't surprise me. Apples don't fall far from the tree.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
the only conclusion i can come to is it is not a person they are protecting, or persons, but rather an entity or organisation etc. which would lead people to question it even 123 years later, or it would give it a bad name.

if everybody involved is dead, then maybe they are protecting still exsisting orangisations etc for what ever reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join