It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation now beyond instruments ability to measure.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well, to try to help keep everyone updated, just ran across this new development -

Highly radioactive substances detected in Tokyo — Higher than what was found near Fukushima plant

enenews.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Okay, before we freak out, has anyone tried to verify this? Has anyone with tools to measure radiation has seen spikes in recent weeks in the continental US?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have a Geiger counter and test daily here in NC. Nothing yet other than normal background levels.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kristian23
if this isnt allready out there check this out www.jimstonefreelance.com...

are u !@#@##$ kidding me,this is genocide.Thank you for posting.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Mister1k because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
All this trouble just to boil water.

Pathetic

Can we not make greed a crime instead of something we give awards for? Because out of all the criminals and murders, it seems that greed is still the leading cause of death for humans.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There are things to learn from the absence of information, like the fact that bar travelling to Japan we just do not know what is happening or what has happened. Neither have we been allowed to know what might happen next.

That meters in the usa are turning up nothing much, is what I have observed. Seriously =) do not discount the possibility that ets turned up to sort this out before it got out of hand, and covering up this 'fact' would also be very important. It seems impossible it was an enormous ship which arrived to neutralise it.This planet is too important to its benefactors to allow the equivalent of 2000 atom bombs to kill it for people. The Quran always stated that you would not be given more than you can take. It will be more like water than radiation that washes this planet clean of the wrongdoers and their backwards 'civilisation' here. Water they will have been warned of, just like this. .
In another way other hand, look at our generalise or prefered sources of (global) information, they are then useless. RT Al Jazeera, the ridiculous Fox news, or even the BBC world service, these are all just tools who do the bidding of the puppetmasters. You tube , the tool of google, because where is the footage of explosion3 ? Bludgeoned away with false 'copyright' claims over home made videos of it. The 'handlers' even have their own 'channels'.

Or put it this way. Some people claiming 1000 000 micro sieverts, ra ra. Well, if you look up what Becquerels are , and what a Sievert is , on wiki, then anyone claiming this or that radiation level would not quote this number. It would be equivalent to 100 sieverts , or whatever number of 00000s it should be. If you had had 10 or so sieverts go through you in an hour, day whatever, you look it up, then heamoraging , infection and death would follow quickly. If this is the case, and the interstellar nuclear alert vessel did not turn up, then, who knows its anyones guess. Tepco, nobama, nhk, jap gov, nwo , epa, hpa, they are not telling you.

Whatever the truth is, it is still a fact that in this case, no news is not good news. No news is the news, and what you know from this fact is that they really really do not want to tell you about Fukushima Japan.

What this is however ats, is the opportunity to rip their system apart, from the localised roots, right up to the main stem. Who are the LOCAL epa or hpa not telling you? The LOCAL filthy corrupt newspaper or newsgroup, or governemnt. Go and GET SOME "news" from them, then follow the STINKING TRAIL back to the RATS at the centre of the nest. At the end of the day, we have got a right to do that now. These so called 'health' officials are the worst evil of all. Their role is mitigation of your sufferings and deaths which are caused by them and their 'systems' in the first place . DOWN with medico-nazis, FOREVER!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
well this is just great
every time i go outside i die a little

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm the levels of plutonium in the USA? I am unsure whether a geiger counter which measures radiation can measure plutonium.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It would be great if someone could post something as a source, that wasn't a blog of a blog, or an "unnamed government source" that was later retracted.

I'm more apt to believe the folks who are posting geiger counter readings, which are normal, versus sensationlist fear-mongering jibber-jabber.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

In wake of Japan confirming a nuclear meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear reactor radiation levels have jumped to an all time high maxing out instruments with readings over 1,000,000 microsieverts per hour.

That's rather simple .. uh ..

1.000.000 uS/h == 1.000 mS/h == 1 S/h

That's exactly 1 Sievert per hour, and yip you can still measure it. It goes even much much higher, no problem to measure it either.

Typical "buah buah buah never seen before horrific buah" thread.
edit on 16-5-2011 by H1ght3chHippie because: quote tag fixed

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Why is this milk contamination significant? Milk, of course, typically represents the overall condition of the food chain because cows consume grass and are exposed to the same elements as food crops and water supplies. In other words, when cows' milk starts testing positive for high levels of radioactive elements, this is indicative of radioactive contamination of the entire food supply. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

EPA data sheets reveal that the agency was never testing for uranium or plutonium, and none of its water supply tests involved testing for anything other than radioactive Iodine-131. But everything is just fine, they say, and further testing is unnecessary. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

Water may be the least of our problems, however. New EPA data just released on Sunday shows that at least three different milk samples -- all from different parts of the US -- have tested positive for radioactive Iodine-131 at levels that exceed the EPA maximum thresholds for safety, which is currently set at 3.0 pico Curies per Liter (pCi/l). Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

You seem to be missing the significance of those measurements.

Recognized effects of higher acute radiation doses are described in more detail in the article on radiation poisoning. Although the International System of Units (SI) defines the sievert (Sv) as the unit of radiation dose equivalent, chronic radiation levels and standards are still often given in unts of millirems (mrem), where 1 mrem equals 1/1000 of a rem and 1 mrem equals 0.01 mSv. Light radiation sickness begins at about 50–100 rad (0.5–1 gray (Gy), 0.5–1 Sv, 50–100 rem, 50,000–100,000 mrem). The following table includes some dosages for comparison purposes, using millisieverts (mSv) (one thousandth of a sievert). The concept of radiation hormesis is relevant to this table – radiation hormesis is a hypothesis stating that the effects of a given acute dose may differ from the effects of an equal fractionated dose. Thus 100 mSv is considered twice in the table below – once as received over a 5-year period, and once as an acute dose, received over a short period of time, with differing predicted effects. The DOE's position is that there is NO safe dose of radiation (linear, no cut-off model) . Less dose is less risk, but not without risk.

secure.wikimedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Nuclear Power plants are an NWO setup! I am so angry. There are 15 power plants along the New Madrid
fault line??? Why? Why on Earth would you build a nuclear power plant? It defies logic! Especially around
fault lines and near the coast? Japan is barely in the msm anymore???

The Elite + nuclear power plants= CheckMate!

edit on 16-5-2011 by Teeky because: happy face

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The news coming out is sheeit. We get enough news to know that it is still bad, and getting worse.

This I do know, there have been two mornings when I have woken up, where the air feels like it is going to be one of those scorcher summer days, here in mid spring. It was getting hot, early, inside the house. I look outside, it is cool, I check the temperature, it is cool outside, but there is this heat, that doesn't register on the thermometer, but I can feel it coming through the walls and the ceiling, like the beginning of one of those scorcher summer days.

I suspect we were getting a heavy dose of radiation at that time. What level I do not know, but higher than normal.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I check the radiation network several times a week.
Not once have I seen any numbers that are concerning(for the US).
I don't know what to believe at this point

radiationnetwork.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Things kinds speak for themselves if you are willing to look.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

Might want to have a look at this update as of May 13.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: (no reason given)

Source: fairewinds.com...
edit on 16-5-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: corrected video link and added link to source site.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by Schkeptick

I WANT to know the TRUTH also..I have two small children to worry about and the fear is eating me up.

Rumors and speculation isn't helping me figure out these questions

Is it safe to play outside?
Is it safe to swim in pool water, lake water, etc?
What about Milk?
What foods are affected?
What should be doing or NOT doing.
Who can I trust getting the correct information?

Just research and try to be safe. We are NOT drinking milk. Instead, drinking coconut milk, and almond milk with non dairy creamer. AZ milk has tested real high here.

Staying away from lettuce, spinach etc. Cheese is ok, because it is aged AT LEAST a year.
I stay inside as much as possible with the doors closed. I vacuum twice a day ( we have cats and dogs)

Looks to see where the food AND products you buy are being imported from.
Stay away from fish. I have been doing that long before this incident.

No one is going to be truthful and tell you what is really safe and what is not. So we need to use common sense and research. Look at what is being tested and found.

This is all true but in the end it will not matter. Until the reactors are brought under control (months? years?) the radiation will continue to seep into the food chain. We are the apex predator and we will be the apex accumulators of internal emitting radiation. All we can do is mitigate the exposure as best we can but it is very hard. Really, we can't stop eating and even if you have 10 years of pre-fukushima food stored, the Cesium-137 will still have another 190 years of radioactivity to spew forth into the environment. Unless you have a well, your water supply is most likely exposed to the air at some point and hence radiation. If it rains on your water supply then it will be more radioactive. Granted the levels might not be too high in North America at this point but my kids ingesting 1 Cesium particle is one too many. Cancer is just such a poor quality death...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Radiation monitoring link (scroll down on the page and click on the graph ant anytime for a current reading)

Look at Texas, SD, NV, NM, Colo, etc., these weren't just a 1 day spike... they were ALOT of days. Scary.
http://(nolink)/2011/04/12/realtime-epa-radnet-japan-nuclear-radiation-monitoring-every-us-city-single-page-16511/

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Update, 15-May-2011 NHK World reports on Friday, a robot at Unit No. 1 detected a maximum of 2,000 millisieverts of radiation per hour on the first floor of the reactor building. This is the equivalent of 333 years of radiation that is typically received by Americans in their environment. In other words, your dead if exposed to this much. Why isn’t this widely reported? Astonishing.. The radiation level is the highest since the disaster began.

This website has a tremendous amount of information about the current situation at Fukushima as well as a detailed history of chronological events including an array of links concerning radiation levels. I see there are now a few new threads on radiation in Hawaii and California. This is good - the info is out there - just hard to find. I'm glad to see the awareness increasing. Perhaps our discussions here on ATS will encourage the MSM to start covering the issue in detail instead of ignoring it. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the topic!

modernsurvivalblog.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join