It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing Joke cancels North American tour!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

A couple of months back, post-punk fans North America-wide were rejoicing over news that iconic Brit band Killing Joke were coming back to this side of the pond this spring. It was an extra special treat, considering the group were just here last winter to promote their comeback disc, Absolute Dissent. Well, it turns out the joke is on all of us: regrettably, the outfit's upcoming dates have been cancelled.

The 13-date spring tour, which was to stop in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, has been called off "due to illness," according to several concert promoters in the U.S. and Canada.

So far there is no word of any make-up dates, but you can see all the cancelled stops below.

exclaim.ca...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was so excited about seeing them! Cannot believe the entire tour was cancelled. The second time they have cancelled North America in two years. I hope the illness, if it's true, is not too bad and that they reschedule.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Great stuff. I was really looking forward to this album tour.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
That's a shame!
I had seen them 6 years ago in D C when Jaz got sick on stage and the show ended early.
I don't think he is in the best of health unfortunately.
KJ is one of the most influential bands IMO, certainly one of my favorites since the early 80's.
Sad to hear, thanks for sharing the news.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I wasn't aware of Jaz's health problems.

I hope he will be all right. KJ, in addition to Ministry and KMFDM, is one of my favourites. I have seen KMFDM twice and missed Ministry when they came here. I was hoping to see at least 2/3 of my faves. Ahh well. Perhaps they will reschedule.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

GET BETTER YOU FRIGGIN' BAND!!!

top topics

join