It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Intifada starts today! Egyptians and the world show solidarity with Palestine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by detachedindividual

I defend Israel on this board and no one has ever
offered to pay me for it either.
I wish that I could be a paid supporter of Israel.I
would want that payment to be in gold and silver

thats the thing I'm not anti Israel just not anti Palestinian either...

as for the guy screaming its not the world waaaaaaaaaaaaa no solidarity...
Its all over

now if you think miami's going to be the only one or the biggest well go check out whats going down in New york Sunday

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp
Israel doesn't have many friends in the area, but if they treat others the same way they've been treating the Palestinians, there might be enough pressure building to force Israel into giving concessions to Palestine, or there might be full-out war. Here's hoping for the former.

After so many years, Israel is not going to give any concessions to anyone. They see the entire region as being their "property" and they are the "chosen ones" (although, who chose them is anyone's guess).

Going by the previous actions of the Israeli regime, I would guess they'll be mass-murdering people within a week, while throwing heavy weaponry and banned substances over the entire region, live on TV, while their disgusting Mark Regev goes on global TV to deny they are doing it.

You know, when I was watching that Libyan spokesman Moussa Ibrahim, I was thinking he did a better job of lying to the world than Mark Regev. At least while he was denying his regime was murdering people we didn't have the footage of exactly that happening right over his shoulder.

Israel seems to think that if they just deny something enough the world will go blind the facts and magically believe them. Not the case.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just saw on sky news that 8 protesters have died so far in the clashes between Israeli security forces and protesters.

Troops open fire on protesters
edit on 15-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

Disclaimer: My opinions on this conflict are firmly in the centre and I do not take sides, I'm merely going to be posting the information as it comes in.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

BBC News source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Absolutely disgusting, I would like to say this shocked me but it would shock me more if it remained peaceful. Firing on unarmed protesters is despicable. I wish there was a hell for people who do that.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nakba day :
More than 1,000 Gazans march to Israeli border

Israeli troops opened fire as more than 1,000 Gazans marched on the northern Erez crossing with Israel, wounding at least 52 people, an AFP correspondent and medics said.

He said several hundred people had bypassed a Hamas checkpoint to come within a few hundred meters of a concrete border barrier, in a huge march to mark the anniversary of Israel's creation in 1948, in what is known in Arabic as the "Nakba" or "catastrophe."

Al-Jazeera: Two Israeli tanks advance to barbed wire fence on border next to Maroun al-Ras

Twenty-four Palestinians hurt in Nakba Day clashes, medics say

At least 10 hurt as Israel soldiers fire on Golan

Israeli troops on the Golan wounded at least 10 people as they fired live rounds and tear gas Sunday at protestors who broke though from the Syrian-held side of the plateau, medics and defense sources said.

Israeli media reported at least one dead and several wounded but there was no immediate confirmation of the toll, in one of the worst incidents for decades along a ceasefire line that has been quiet since a 1974 truce accord.

Medical officials said "between 10 and 20" of the protestors were wounded, with one feared dead, while three Israelis were said to have been lightly injured in the incident.

Meanwhile, Al-Jazeera television reported that four Syrians had been killed in the fighting.

NNA: Four dead, 11 wounded by Israeli gunfire on Palestinian protestors in Maroun al-Ras

Israel opens fire on Palestinian protestors at Lebanese border

LBC: Israel announces that its borders with Lebanon, Syria are ‘closed military areas’

Future News: The Israeli government holds Syrian President Bashar al-Assad responsible for Maroun al-Ras events

Jordanian students plan to march on Israel border

Al-Manar: More than 40 wounded protestors moved from Maroun al-Ras to a Bint Jbeil hospital

Future News: Six killed, 60 wounded in Maroun al-Ras by Israeli gunfire

Syria denounces Israeli actions in Golan Heights and Lebanon, AFP reports

Eight said killed as IDF fires on infiltrators from Syria and Lebanon

Four people reported killed on Syrian border and four reported killed on Lebanon border as thousands of protesters try breach the frontiers; dozens of Palestinian refugees enter Israel from Syria.

Future News: Israelis re-open fire at Maroun al-Ras, injuring protestors

An Israeli army spokesman described the demonstrations at Israel’s borders with Lebanon and Syria as an “Iranian provocation.”

Al-Arabiya: Israel sent reinforcements to the Golan Heights as its troops went on alert at the occupied territory.

4:27pm Clashes are still ongoing in Maroun al-Ras and the Israeli army has fired again at demonstrators. The wounded who suffered serious injuries were rushed to Salah Ghandour Hospital in Tyre and the state hospital in Bint Jbeil.

3:41pm National News Agency: Israeli helicopters are hovering over the area facing Maroun al-Ras amid the deployment of Merkava tanks and Humvees in the groves bordering Maroun al-Ras.

Army and UNIFIL on Alert over Nakba Rally as Israel Declares Border Region a Closed Military Zone

IDF says crossing the border into Israel is a red line

Police close in the South all roads from Yad Mordechai until Erez Crossing due to increased violence

Israel army deploys extra battalions

Israel Channel 2 news reports of Hezbollah presence among violent protesters on Israel-Syria border

IDF : 'thousands' breach Israeli side of Golan

IDF: Syrian regime is intentionally attempting to divert intl attention from their brutal crackdown of their own civilians

Indeed.

IDF confirms it opened fire 'to prevent 1,000s entering Israel'

Lebanese Army soldier injured from IDF fire

Israel media : at least 8 dead after they enter Israel from Syria

UNIFIL has called on Israel, Lebanon to exercise maximum restraint

IDF planes enter Lebanese airspace

IDF armored vehicles arriving on the border with Lebanon

1 Killed and 17 injured in Terror attack in Tel Aviv

Israel firing tear gas into Syria

At least 4 IDF injured

People crossing from Egypt into Gaza

IDF :Israel holds Syria, Lebanon & Iran as responsible for the violent protests

Israel channel 10: Jordanian army informs Israel that they will not allow protesters to advance on Israel

IDF: Golan incursion "very serious and violent"

Aljazeera: IDF shooting anyone who enters within 500 meters of the Gaza-Israel border

IDF northern commander holding emergency meeting to asses the situation with Syria, Lebanon

Syria TV: "Israel has commited a crime by shooting in Golan"

Lebanese Army fighting with protesters

Jerusalem: 4 police wounded, 30+ arrests

Lebanese Army: IDF firing on Leb troops

The number of IDF troops, tanks & other vehicles on the Lebanese border is increasing

IDF rocket warning to southern residents of Israel

IDF warns Northern & Southern residents of possible incoming rocket fire

Firebombs thrown at Israel sec forces in East Jerusalem

IDF jets over Gaza, near the border with Egypt

Reports of IDF sniper fire on the Isreal-Lebanon border

Syrian government condemns Israel's criminal actions

Aljazeera: IDF using live fire on the Lebanese border against protesters

IDF source : Israel fears Hizbullah retaliation for 4 Lebanese killed earlier

Syria calling shootings an act of aggression against their people

Protesters on the Israel side of the Syrian border are returning into Syria according to Israeli news

5:16pm Caretaker PM Hariri telephoned President Suleiman and the army commander to follow up on the developments in the South and discuss measures necessary to secure safety and defend national sovereignty.

5:15pm Caretaker PM Hariri: The Israeli shooting against peaceful demonstrators on our southern border is a blatant, intolerable aggression and we call on the international community and the UNIFIL force to hold Israel accountable for the crime.

4:45pm Al-Manar: Lebanese army troops are firing in the air to disperse demonstrators trying to reach the town of Maroun al-Ras out of keenness on their safety.

The IDF confirming they are coming under fire from Lebanese Army units. Also now blaming the Lebanese for the death of civillians at that border

Hamas PM Haniya: It is time to extinguish the Zionist project in Palestine

Netanyahu to make emergency statement at the top of the hour

IDF says 13 troops injured

Netanyahu to Issue live Statement at 11AM EST

Syria receives 10 dead bodies from Israel

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
My prayers are with them. Sadly, I doubt this will change anything for the Palestinians. You only need to take a glance at what Israel has gotten away with in the past to know they won't end their genocidal takeover until forced to do so at gunpoint, and that doesn't look likely to happen anytime soon.

Oh, and one correction to TheWalkingFox: it's only Israel and the US who continue to turn a blind eye, the UK has been a lot harder on Israel since David Cameron came in and recently threatened to recognise Palestine unless Israel made a serious attempt (for once) at achieving peace. David Cameron to Israel: join talks or I may support independence declaration

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ok so things are getting bad already

Palestinian 'nabka' protests turn deadly. Israel sees Iran's 'fingerprints.'

Palestinian protesters clashed with Israeli security forces in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem on Sunday on the anniversary of the founding of the state of Israel in 1848, a day many Palestinians call "nabka," meaning "catastrophe." Dozens were wounded in those protests, which come after Palestinian rival political groups Hamas and Fatah recently signed a reconciliation deal in Cairo, making an already-dormant peace process appear even further away. But attention is already turning to deadly clashes that erupted on Israel's borders with Lebanon and Syria, reportedly resulting in the deaths of eight people.

csmonitor.co m

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

I can't say I didn't expect it. It still sucks though. When will enough be enough? Probably never....

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Nakba day :
More than 1,000 Gazans march to Israeli border

Israeli troops opened fire as more than 1,000 Gazans marched on the northern Erez crossing with Israel, wounding at least 52 people, an AFP correspondent and medics said.

He said several hundred people had bypassed a Hamas checkpoint to come within a few hundred meters of a concrete border barrier, in a huge march to mark the anniversary of Israel's creation in 1948, in what is known in Arabic as the "Nakba" or "catastrophe."

Al-Jazeera: Two Israeli tanks advance to barbed wire fence on border next to Maroun al-Ras

Twenty-four Palestinians hurt in Nakba Day clashes, medics say

At least 10 hurt as Israel soldiers fire on Golan

Israeli troops on the Golan wounded at least 10 people as they fired live rounds and tear gas Sunday at protestors who broke though from the Syrian-held side of the plateau, medics and defense sources said.

Israeli media reported at least one dead and several wounded but there was no immediate confirmation of the toll, in one of the worst incidents for decades along a ceasefire line that has been quiet since a 1974 truce accord.

Medical officials said "between 10 and 20" of the protestors were wounded, with one feared dead, while three Israelis were said to have been lightly injured in the incident.

Meanwhile, Al-Jazeera television reported that four Syrians had been killed in the fighting.

NNA: Four dead, 11 wounded by Israeli gunfire on Palestinian protestors in Maroun al-Ras

Israel opens fire on Palestinian protestors at Lebanese border

LBC: Israel announces that its borders with Lebanon, Syria are ‘closed military areas’

Future News: The Israeli government holds Syrian President Bashar al-Assad responsible for Maroun al-Ras events

Jordanian students plan to march on Israel border

Al-Manar: More than 40 wounded protestors moved from Maroun al-Ras to a Bint Jbeil hospital

Future News: Six killed, 60 wounded in Maroun al-Ras by Israeli gunfire

Syria denounces Israeli actions in Golan Heights and Lebanon, AFP reports

Eight said killed as IDF fires on infiltrators from Syria and Lebanon

Four people reported killed on Syrian border and four reported killed on Lebanon border as thousands of protesters try breach the frontiers; dozens of Palestinian refugees enter Israel from Syria.

Future News: Israelis re-open fire at Maroun al-Ras, injuring protestors

An Israeli army spokesman described the demonstrations at Israel’s borders with Lebanon and Syria as an “Iranian provocation.”

Al-Arabiya: Israel sent reinforcements to the Golan Heights as its troops went on alert at the occupied territory.

4:27pm Clashes are still ongoing in Maroun al-Ras and the Israeli army has fired again at demonstrators. The wounded who suffered serious injuries were rushed to Salah Ghandour Hospital in Tyre and the state hospital in Bint Jbeil.

3:41pm National News Agency: Israeli helicopters are hovering over the area facing Maroun al-Ras amid the deployment of Merkava tanks and Humvees in the groves bordering Maroun al-Ras.

Army and UNIFIL on Alert over Nakba Rally as Israel Declares Border Region a Closed Military Zone

IDF says crossing the border into Israel is a red line

Police close in the South all roads from Yad Mordechai until Erez Crossing due to increased violence

Israel army deploys extra battalions

Israel Channel 2 news reports of Hezbollah presence among violent protesters on Israel-Syria border

IDF : 'thousands' breach Israeli side of Golan

IDF: Syrian regime is intentionally attempting to divert intl attention from their brutal crackdown of their own civilians

Indeed.

IDF confirms it opened fire 'to prevent 1,000s entering Israel'

Lebanese Army soldier injured from IDF fire

Israel media : at least 8 dead after they enter Israel from Syria

UNIFIL has called on Israel, Lebanon to exercise maximum restraint

IDF planes enter Lebanese airspace

IDF armored vehicles arriving on the border with Lebanon

1 Killed and 17 injured in Terror attack in Tel Aviv

Israel firing tear gas into Syria

At least 4 IDF injured

People crossing from Egypt into Gaza

IDF :Israel holds Syria, Lebanon & Iran as responsible for the violent protests

Israel channel 10: Jordanian army informs Israel that they will not allow protesters to advance on Israel

IDF: Golan incursion "very serious and violent"

Aljazeera: IDF shooting anyone who enters within 500 meters of the Gaza-Israel border

IDF northern commander holding emergency meeting to asses the situation with Syria, Lebanon

Syria TV: "Israel has commited a crime by shooting in Golan"

Lebanese Army fighting with protesters

Jerusalem: 4 police wounded, 30+ arrests

Lebanese Army: IDF firing on Leb troops

The number of IDF troops, tanks & other vehicles on the Lebanese border is increasing

IDF rocket warning to southern residents of Israel

IDF warns Northern & Southern residents of possible incoming rocket fire

Firebombs thrown at Israel sec forces in East Jerusalem

IDF jets over Gaza, near the border with Egypt

Reports of IDF sniper fire on the Isreal-Lebanon border

Syrian government condemns Israel's criminal actions

Aljazeera: IDF using live fire on the Lebanese border against protesters

IDF source : Israel fears Hizbullah retaliation for 4 Lebanese killed earlier

Syria calling shootings an act of aggression against their people

Protesters on the Israel side of the Syrian border are returning into Syria according to Israeli news

5:16pm Caretaker PM Hariri telephoned President Suleiman and the army commander to follow up on the developments in the South and discuss measures necessary to secure safety and defend national sovereignty.

5:15pm Caretaker PM Hariri: The Israeli shooting against peaceful demonstrators on our southern border is a blatant, intolerable aggression and we call on the international community and the UNIFIL force to hold Israel accountable for the crime.

4:45pm Al-Manar: Lebanese army troops are firing in the air to disperse demonstrators trying to reach the town of Maroun al-Ras out of keenness on their safety.

The IDF confirming they are coming under fire from Lebanese Army units. Also now blaming the Lebanese for the death of civillians at that border

Hamas PM Haniya: It is time to extinguish the Zionist project in Palestine

Netanyahu to make emergency statement at the top of the hour

IDF says 13 troops injured

Netanyahu to Issue live Statement at 11AM EST

Syria receives 10 dead bodies from Israel

Many thx or the updates stars for your time i gotta go for a bit but will be praying for all of them

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow...

This clearly shows that only dumb people go and protest at embassies, where it usually turns out to be peaceful demonstrations and no one gets hurt... Nothing wrong with that.

But it's the smart people, on the other hand, that go and protest at hostile borders and even breach the fences with the assumption that they won't get a bullet in their ass...

F**KING GENIUS...

And they say the world is not coming to an end...
Please...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DJAghetto

And if these Palestinians had only went and protested at an embassy on Nakba day who would hear their voice? It seems unfortunately it's nescessary for them to resort to these sorts of methods for the world to even acknowledge them. Now millions around the world who hadn't even heard about the Nakba will now have more insight into what is going on in that region and why there is so much bloodshed.

I just wish both sides would stop the fighting and talk. Violence begets violence. Israel reacts, Palestine fights back and Israel reacts again....It's a vicious circle of violence. Hence the reason I don't take sides because both are just as bad as each other in my view.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yep such brave Arab terrorist. Sadly I think Iran and Syria will push for a war they cant win to get their own people off their backs.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

They're terrorists for throwing rocks? Nations have historically been born out of civil disobedience and revolution. I don't support either side in this conflict, but I expect everyone would resort to the exact same tactics if they were in the position of the Palestinians just as every government would respond in the same way Israel does.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

(I know you state that you're Australian, but I've found most Australians to be good with written language and self expression, and you are clearly not).

Obviously a lot better than you! Lets look at the way you have reacted!

A) Wrongly labeled me a troll because I have a different opinion to yours!

B) Wrongly attacking the use of vocabulary & grammar!

C) Bringing race into the argument

D) Assuming I am paid to post on ATS.

Now lets look at your statement

Are you able to offer a valid opinion rather than simply attacking another poster without offering anything in return? You're being a troll, and nothing more. That just tells me that we are right about your intentions

Well well well. Does that look familiar? Looks like you have done the exact thing you have accused me off. You can argue all you want it's all there! No if's or buts!

Now below is a quote from the ATS owner. It is clearly obvious you have reacted this way! Can you answer his question?

Why is that when we see a rise in diversity of opinion, a segment of ATS members automatically assume some nefarious reason?

I simply posted an opinion. thewalkingfox chased me down. I replied in kind and I get labelled a troll (amongst other things) all for having a different opinion! Bahahahahah!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

You were called a troll for the condescending and arrogant tone of you post, not the opinion. You come across as an ass the way you talk to people.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I hope they all march right into Israel. I support this protest 110%. Open the border from Egypt. Time for these youth to change the future.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This guy has got it dead on about the support for Palestine.www.presstv.ir...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
I hope they all march right into Israel.

In that case they will all be shot dead. Is this what you want? .. Crazy people.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadaka
My prayers are with them. Sadly, I doubt this will change anything for the Palestinians. You only need to take a glance at what Israel has gotten away with in the past to know they won't end their genocidal takeover until forced to do so at gunpoint, and that doesn't look likely to happen anytime soon.

Oh, and one correction to TheWalkingFox: it's only Israel and the US who continue to turn a blind eye, the UK has been a lot harder on Israel since David Cameron came in and recently threatened to recognise Palestine unless Israel made a serious attempt (for once) at achieving peace. David Cameron to Israel: join talks or I may support independence declaration

I trust cameron about as much as I do bush or his cousin Obama

looks like this ones going better than the last one tho
as for those guys getting shot on the syrian side they are on land israel took illegally for farmland tho they claimed defence ofcourse...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is appauling.
The whole middle east is going up in flames.... not good at all. I hope it doesn't escalate anymore. I fear it will though

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join