It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban on Twitter for Afghan Internet age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

KABUL (AFP) – The Taliban once banned all television, music and cinema in Afghanistan, but now they are fighting their war via Twitter, the online messaging network that revolutionised global communication.

The Islamist extremists sent out their first tweet in English on May 12 claiming "enemy attacked in Khak-e-Safid", with a link to their website for more details about rebel fighters killing "at least 6 puppet police".

Twitter? Serisously? Isnt Afghanistan lagging far behind on the information technology? I wonder how many people in Afghanistan actually use twitter.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I wonder how many people in Afghanistan actually use twitter.

Exactly! Not many! Why? because the Taliban types will not allow it for the masses! You know, one rule them and one rule for the masses! Now that is terrorism!
edit on 15-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ahhhh I thought the Taliban are a bunch of stone age sharia loving pedophiles that whip people for flying kites

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Exactly! Not many! Why? because the Taliban types will not allow it for the masses! You know, one rule them and one rule for the masses! Now that is terrorism!

One rule for them and one rule for the masses?! That IS terrorism. Boy, I hope that never happens in the good ol' US of A!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Ahhhh I thought the Taliban are a bunch of stone age sharia loving pedophiles that whip people for flying kites

Great description. I see them the exact same way! Maybe these terrorists by using twitter are either

A) Trying to soften their image

B) Use it as a recruiting tool (They would get a few left leaning ATS members I'm sure ...... lol!)

C) Use the internet as another tool of their terrorism by posting information aimed at scaring the hell out of Westerners and non muslims!

Who knows, time will tell!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

One rule for them and one rule for the masses?! That IS terrorism. Boy, I hope that never happens in the good ol' US of A!

Um...that was sarcasm, right?

Right?

top topics

join