It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan: The most dangerous country in the world? The propoganda machine is doing it again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The most dangerous country in the world?

The Economist

ANYONE wondering what to make of Pakistan in the wake of the assassination of Osama bin Laden should listen to this exchange between Emma Duncan, deputy editor of The Economist, and Fiammetta Rocco, our literary editor (embedded below). In discussing three books recently reviewed in The Economist ("Pakistan: Beyond the 'Crisis State'", edited by Maleeha Lodhi; "Pakistan: A Hard Country", by Anatol Lieven; and "Deadly Embrace: Pakistan, America, and the Future of the Global Jihad" by Bruce Riedel), they ultimately reaffirm Mr Riedel's claim that Pakistan is "the most dangerous country in the world". The country's nuclear power, ineffectual government, strong military and geopolitical paranoia are just some of the reasons why.
(Watch video in the source link.)

Well it seems like the propaganda machine is building up a case to start painting Pakistan as an evil and dangerous country. This should worry people because this country actually has WMD's unlike Afghanistan, and Iraq. The US has been using drones to strike inside the Pakistan border, and the recent death of OBL has set the stage for a possible conflict with the country.

I see a war with Pakistan in the future if stories like this keep popping up on main stream sites.

thoughts?
edit on 5/14/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ahh there are countries that are far more dangerous than Pakistan itself. I would go for N Korea ans some African nations in this case

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

It never ends does it? History continues to repeat itself once again as intense events unfold. A never ending cycle of war and greed for the corporations and those in the government working for them. Eventually they will say the same of mexico then we will go in there and take over the drug trade. There is always a hidden agenda to feel the need to step into another country without wanting something out of it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
if my kids see a snake or spider or somthing, I always tell them that the snake is more scared of them then they are scared of it.
I would be worried if i was a Pakistani.

imo i would say America is the most dangerous country in the world.

edit on 14/5/11 by dadfortruth1 because: typo

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yes it seems as if we need a new Bugaboo since Afghanistan is winding down. Those corporations want to continue to use our tax money to enrich themselves with guns and ammo and what not.

I see Pakistan as a country trying to survive in a touchy geographical location: after all, India has nukes too. China can
also be scary to them. All this was dregged up with the latest Osama death; maybe the ISI didn't play and our gov't is letting them know they better.

For awhile it was Iran; but now it is Pakistan. I am sick and tired of these warmongers in Washington DC. They are afraid of our youth and are shipping them out of the country and keeping them out in case of more troubles stateside;
they are draining the populace of services which come from our taxes to fatten the MIC (Military Industrial Complex).

What do we have to export anymore except war and death? It is so disheartening and I think a lot of people need to see our country engaged in something besides its obsession with warmongering. I wish I could think of a solution.

But bombing Pakistan is not an answer. I don't know how many ATSers agree, but it seems as if this Osama staged raid was a deliberate incitement for more trouble. If he was already dead, his family would have gotten their inheritance long ago. There are about 12 different reports of his death since 2001....so I am thinking our country is being run by crazies.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Again the only thing we know how to make in America is propaganda and military. Thats what were know for now guys and girls.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Soon there will be rumors of 'Weapons Of Mass Destruction'

Obama's Iraq?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

mo i would say America is the most dangerous country in the world.
reply to post by dadfortruth1

I think it certainly is the craziest. The government thinks we're morons and pitches all this
baloney at us...amateurish photoshopped images that are taken apart on the net in minutes,
but the most outrageous con job of all: this raid on that house ... who do you think they killed?
Maybe they discovered it was the wrong guy and that's why they dropped him in the drink.
Maybe it never happened..? Wag The Dog: a prophetic film. I would roll on the floor laughing
if I weren't so disgusted at the moral tone of this last antic. Don't they have ANYONE competent
in their dirty tricks department?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcheoAstronomer
Don't they have ANYONE competent in their dirty tricks department?

you dont make it to the dirty tricks department by being competent + honest and all that jazz you know the things that make u human

this is about the few at the top and not the people. America war mongers and England stuck with a senile dinosaur at the helm are the most dangerous killing thousands all the time turning our attention this way and that not giving a # acting like we do with words like humanitarian and human rights or the new bitch word terrorism to go out an do what they want.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

The most dangerous country in the world?

The Economist

ANYONE wondering what to make of Pakistan in the wake of the assassination of Osama bin Laden should listen to this exchange between Emma Duncan, deputy editor of The Economist, and Fiammetta Rocco, our literary editor (embedded below). In discussing three books recently reviewed in The Economist ("Pakistan: Beyond the 'Crisis State'", edited by Maleeha Lodhi; "Pakistan: A Hard Country", by Anatol Lieven; and "Deadly Embrace: Pakistan, America, and the Future of the Global Jihad" by Bruce Riedel), they ultimately reaffirm Mr Riedel's claim that Pakistan is "the most dangerous country in the world". The country's nuclear power, ineffectual government, strong military and geopolitical paranoia are just some of the reasons why.
(Watch video in the source link.)

Well it seems like the propaganda machine is building up a case to start painting Pakistan as an evil and dangerous country. This should worry people because this country actually has WMD's unlike Afghanistan, and Iraq. The US has been using drones to strike inside the Pakistan border, and the recent death of OBL has set the stage for a possible conflict with the country.

I see a war with Pakistan in the future if stories like this keep popping up on main stream sites.

thoughts?
edit on 5/14/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

TPTB need to go to rehab....for war addiction.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Only if you are not a Muslim.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

They already have nukes.

Wikipedia

Finally, on 28 May 1998, a few weeks after India's second nuclear test (Operation Shakti), Pakistan detonated five nuclear devices in the Chagai Hills in the Chagai district, Balochistan. This operation was named Chagai-I by Pakistan, the base having been long-constructed by provincial martial law administrator Rahimuddin Khan during the 1980s. Pakistan's fissile material production takes place at Nilore, Kahuta, and Khushab/Jauharabad, where weapons-grade plutonium is made by the scientists. Pakistan thus became the 7th country in the world to successfully develop and test nuclear weapons.[7]

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

what do you mean by that?

why don't you go into a little more detail instead of leaving behind a one liner?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by igotttaknow

this is about the few at the top and not the people.

I agree.
I dont want to sound contradictory to my statement about America being the most dangerous. i do mean the people at the top. And i believe these people (TPTB i hate that label) are not just America alone.

I have always believed there are good and bad people in every country on Earth. if only we could get the right people in the right place, and remove all people related to big corporation from politics. and if we could some how remove power and greed from our governments,I think we could advance at a great rate as a civilisation.

"governments should be put there by the people for the people" not "neither by the people nor for the people"

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It's funny... Just a couple weeks ago we were calling them an Ally...Well, I guess our government got what they wanted, so now it's okay to chew them up and spit them out.

I do not consider Pakistan dangerous... AT ALL.

You know who I consider dangerous? The United States Of America! We get what we want, when we want it. Why? Because we have the power to do so and it seems our government has no problem using said power to achieve it's goals, no matter the cost.

I am telling you, one day they are going to pick on the wrong country though...and that little guy is going to start swinging at the bully.... If you catch my meaning....

Just crazy
edit on 15-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by 547000

what do you mean by that?

why don't you go into a little more detail instead of leaving behind a one liner?

Many there believe in an extreme form of Islam. You only have to google pakistan forums to see that. I have no doubt in my mind that they could be sheltering terrorists.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

But are they the most dangerous country out there?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

As I said before, only if you are non-muslim. Look what happened to the christian politician who opposed blasphemy laws. His own body-guard killed him.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

so Pakistan... one of many Muslim states... is the most dangerous?

really? I still don't understand where you are going with this.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Muslims are the Jews of the 21st Century...ATS Thread. Where did i hear something like that before...

OBL wasn´t born a Terrorist,they (the West) made him one. Same with the Taliban. We don´t have the Threat of Terrorism looming over us because they suddenly felt like it.

We have Terrorism because the West likes to rape weaker Nations for Ressources and Profit. Ask yourself why they exist before throwing out hate filled Speeches that we should kill every single one of them,including their Nations. Even on ATS,some People like to throw that around,without realising that this is the same as with the Jews and the Holocaust...just sick....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join