It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official states texas fire due to ATF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - The fight between Texas and Washington, D.C., over wildfires in the Lone Star State just got nastier.

A county official in the Texas Panhandle is now blaming a federal agency for starting one of the fires through carelessness.

Tom Edwards, the county attorney in rural Motley County east of Lubbock, said on Friday that the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives was responsible on Tuesday for sparking a fire that consumed 150 acres.

"You can quote me on it: That bunch has a real corner on stupid," Edwards told Reuters.

Tom Crowley, a spokesman with the federal agency, said bureau officials were assisting four local bomb squads -- at their request -- to destroy some explosives. Firefighters were on hand, he said. The wind picked up, but the explosives were too dangerous to move, so the officials went ahead and destroyed the explosives.

"Unfortunately, a fragment ignited some grass," Crowley said. "As far as the community, we're working with them to let them know how to go about making a claim with the government."

uh huh. messiah 'bama wont unass the help to Texas...BECAUSE THEY ARE AT FAULT!

This really doesnt suprise me. Look at the "great" job they did at Ruby Ridge and Waco. Awesome bunch of operators there.

How many more of these "ooopsies" have they done?

Cali?

edit on 14/5/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
HAHA, i read the thread title too quickly and thought you meant the fire was caused by ATS... i thought ok NASA blames us for spreading the rumors about comets and 2012, and now they think we re going out starting fires..
But i must admit it would make a really good story..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Bwahahahaha! Im on it fellow ats'ers... Lol, I did reread the title.. Thought was what it said to

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

ATF Those cowboys! Yeah, what they did at WACO was unforgettable,
unforgiveable and now burning down that compound wasn't enough, they
wanna burn down the whole state.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
HAHA, i read the thread title too quickly and thought you meant the fire was caused by ATS... i thought ok NASA blames us for spreading the rumors about comets and 2012, and now they think we re going out starting fires..
But i must admit it would make a really good story..

Dont laugh too quick!

ya never know what they'll say!

That was funny though! I love seeing stuff wrong like that! Ist like the universe is giving us a little "tweak" on the nose and saying "dont be so serious".

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

I guess its because one of our local reporters here in dallas made the pres look like an ass.

oops. wrong. he only highlighted it!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, it looks like it's going to take putting Smokey the Bear in charge of the ATF. Maybe then they'll learn not to play with fire in the woods.

Nuts!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Sooooooooo...

What does ATF have to do with this?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Scales because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Scales

Apparently how the explosives were handled was the ATF's call.

"Officials" from the ATF were assisting and then "officials" decided to blow them up.

At least that appears to be the case is were are to believe it as written and take the sheriffs quote as an educated opinion regarding the situation.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Scales

Read the first post.

edit on 19/5/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join