It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mummified Playboy Playmate died of heart failure

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I put this story in the Grey Area because it is a little strange. I am going to work and I thought that some of you would like a strange read. I did a search on the title and there were no results.


Mummified Playboy Playmate died of heart failure

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A former Playboy Playmate whose mummified body was found in her dilapidated Beverly Hills home last month, died of heart failure, the Los Angeles Times reported on Saturday.

Yvette Vickers, a B-movie actress who was named Playboy's Miss July in 1959, was found dead at her home on April 27 after evidently being undiscovered for up to a year.

Joyce Kato, an investigator with the Los Angeles county coroner's department, told the Times she died of natural causes "due to arterial sclerotic cardiovascular disease," or heart disease caused by a hardening of the arteries.

Several calls made to the coroner's office to confirm the report went unanswered on Saturday.

A neighbor found Vickers' body after her suspicions were aroused by old letters and cobwebs in the mailbox. The house was packed with boxes, and at least one window was broken. A space heater was running in the upstairs room where the body was lying on the floor

Vickers, born Yvette Vedder in Kansas City, Missouri, would have been 82 when her body was found. She was briefly married twice during the 1950s.

Her film credits include 1958's "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" and 1959's "Attack of the Giant Leeches." Her last feature role was in a 1990 horror called "Evil Spirits."

(Reporting by Tim Gaynor; Editing by Peter Henderson).

news.yahoo.com...


After reading I hope that you can see why I put this in the Grey Area. It is strange how she could be dead so long and not be noticed. Kind of strange.

Liejunkie out. Time for work.
edit on 14-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

edit on 14-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: again




posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No, not strange at all. This happens all the time. Im just glad they found her mumified after a year rather than bloated and decomposed after a week. Believe me, transporting an old bloated decomposed body really really sucks.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Lol. Someone sounds like they speak from experience.

And yeah, I can see how this could happen all the time. I have a lot of elderly people on my block, and some of them have regular visits, and others you see their family once a year, if that.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
HUm, I agree it is a strange story, why did the mail continue to stack up? I mean even junk mail would or should have drawn the attention of her mail carrier.

As for the heater still running after a year? Again suspicious as it would have probably over heated and caused a fire especially a space heater was it?

A tragic and lonely end for a woman who have the courage to be as colorful as she was in the day.

One more thing, what about the broken window? Was there perhaps an intruder who murdered her by fright? It will be interesting to see what the toxicology reports show.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Lol. Someone sounds like they speak from experience.

And yeah, I can see how this could happen all the time. I have a lot of elderly people on my block, and some of them have regular visits, and others you see their family once a year, if that.



Yup, in the business of death for about 10 years. 5 of those years on scene, the other 5 performing autopsies (about 1500).

Now I perform sleep studies. lol.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

One more thing, what about the broken window? Was there perhaps an intruder who murdered her by fright? It will be interesting to see what the toxicology reports show.


Apparantly they already performed the autopsy. She died of a bad heart.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The space heater makes me suspicious. Our electric supplier would have shut us off after about 2 months of none payment. Perhaps she had someone else handling her utility bills, but even then, they should have made contact with her before a year had passed.

Makes you want to go . . . hmmmmmmmmm



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Well, if you ever need someone who sleeps like the dead Im your person.


How common would you say it is for someone to be dead a year before someone finds them?



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gibborium
 


No, I've seen it happen a bunch of times.I can remember going to a scene and mail was piling up, It had been at least 6 months. What it breaks down to is people not giving a f%&#k.


Really



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Well, if you ever need someone who sleeps like the dead Im your person.


How common would you say it is for someone to be dead a year before someone finds them?


It happens all the time. Especially to people that are shut ins or just have no friends. I would say we would get at least 10-20 a year in the mumified form.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Perhaps there was more to it? At her age it would not take much to throw her into a heart attack. DNA would prove if the intruder was a rapist? It just seems too weird to be cut and dry the way the msm is putting it to rest simply because she was different for her era.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


In what sized area the 10-20 a year mummified?

And yeah, people really dont care about their neighbors much anymore. Its a damn shame. I would notice within a week if anyone on my block kicked it.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Perhaps there was more to it? At her age it would not take much to throw her into a heart attack. DNA would prove if the intruder was a rapist? It just seems too weird to be cut and dry the way the msm is putting it to rest simply because she was different for her era.


Well DNA is different than tox. So yeah , if they were able to get some.... well that some would have to be somebodys right?



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


In what sized area the 10-20 a year mummified?

And yeah, people really dont care about their neighbors much anymore. Its a damn shame. I would notice within a week if anyone on my block kicked it.


Well we did the whole state of NM and part of AZ. so NM is a huge state and its hot down here. So they would come from everywhere.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
About the space-heater: Some people set up automatic payment with the utility company. No reason for the utility company to be suspicious--there's automatic money involved



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I even saw a mumified baby in a backpack still sucking its thumb. It had been there at least a year.


seen it all bro.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That makes sense about the automatic payments. Also, I just realized that during the summer, most heaters have a thermo switch on them now a days. So it wouldn't run when the weather was warm.

Having been a first responder on a small town fire department for 9 years, I have seen just about everything as well. I am curious though, when they say mummified, I wonder how much of her was left. Unless the room was very arid, there should have been at least some decomposition.
edit on 5/14/2011 by Gibborium because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Yeah, I just moved from NM. I can imagine they mummify fast there. I know anything that died in my yard, (bird, lizard) sure did. Thats a pretty good sized area, but it still makes it more common than you would think by the lack of news reporting of it.

We likely would never have heard of this one if she hadnt been a Playmate. Thats one thing about the news, they are so selective in what they report you really cant know how common something is until you ask someone, (like yourself) who actually has worked in the business.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Yeah, I just moved from NM. I can imagine they mummify fast there. I know anything that died in my yard, (bird, lizard) sure did. Thats a pretty good sized area, but it still makes it more common than you would think by the lack of news reporting of it.

We likely would never have heard of this one if she hadnt been a Playmate. Thats one thing about the news, they are so selective in what they report you really cant know how common something is until you ask someone, (like yourself) who actually has worked in the business.


Dude, you have no idea what isnt reported in NM. It's still the wild west out here. If you knew how many children were murdered on the indian reservations, it would blow your mind.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You've got that right about the sensationalism aspect on the news reporting. I am old enough to remember when they actually reported the news without bias or sensationalism. Now it seems most publications are more tabloid in nature than journalistic.




top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join