It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auto Draft Function In Reply/Comment PLEASE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
For those of us who forget to hit the PREVIEW button when typing a very long post every once in awhile.

Can we PLEASE get an auto draft or something along those lines?

I just accidentally hit the escape key and lost an hours worth of reply.

I have done it more than once.

Palm in face!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

May I suggest for long posts you use "Word" and then just copy/paste when finished...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah well.........

Done it before, but real pain in the a@# when you use a lot of images in your post.

I think they should save us the trouble. I mean email does it no problem.

It's not like they don't have the money.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I flag your thread and agree we should have this.

Last week I worked on a big thread with photos and links to source my thread and lost it. Big fingers on this T60 Thinkpad here ya know!! Will re-do it but only when I get that same amount of time & gumption again.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

It's a real
when it happens.

I have a crowded desk and reach over the keyboard a lot. Fat Elbow!

With all the uploads to media and back and forth between it is a pain.

I have in the past copied to a simple text as I went along on a BIG thread build but it is not any fun.

With that comment, It would be nice in New Thread too.

Across the board in other words.

edit on 15-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My biggest problem is accidentally clicking something and browsing away from the reply I was in the process of typing in.

Sometimes I do research on the side while I'm actually typing in a reply to find links and relevant/sited information to include with my post.

With 3 or 4 instances of internet explorer open it can get pretty hectic and it's much easier to accidentally browse away from your reply when you didn't mean to. I always click back when that happens (as if it would somehow save what I just spent half an hour typing in and linking to). Of coarse, it returns but you lose what you typed in.

I recommend the Microsoft word method or even Notepad works but I typically only do that for when I'm starting a new thread that needs more explaining than normal.

I often start typing in a reply and end up spending ALOT more time on it than anticipated because often I have new ideas while typing in the reply. Sometimes we also remember relevant links we've seen recently or other material that we want to include.

I've done the Microsoft word thing and it does work but, honestly, opening word and doing copy/paste jobs to and fro while in the middle of typing in a reply just seems like alot of extra work (I am lazy!)

-ChriS

new topics

top topics

join