It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prime Minister Naoto Kan set to announce at a G8 summit in France that Japan will keep using nuclear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Despite the prolonged nuclear crisis, Prime Minister Naoto Kan is set to announce at a G8 summit in France that Japan will keep using nuclear power, the Yomiuri newspaper said.
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AnBMfm3iDZ1bugk2mjKcVWpH2ocA;_ylu=X3o'___'M1dG5qdXNyBGFzc2V0A25tLzIw MTEwNTE0L3VzX2phcGFuX251Y2xlYXJfZGVhdGgEY2Nv

Seriously, have these people learned nothing????? They didn't learn from Chernobyl, they didn't learn now. God help us all...

Kan plans to tell the G8 summit at the end of May in Deauville, France, that Japan will rely more on renewable energy, but it will also enhance safety of atomic power and continue nuclear power usage,making it clear the country is not withdrawing from nuclear power generation, the Yomiuri said.

I guess Mother Earth will have to take care of this one......scourge the corrupt in her own way....I'm siding with Mother Earth
edit on 14-5-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well when your entire country, seen from space, looks like one big rave party, why not continue using Nuclear? The damage is done, man.

[kidding]

That's the most wreckless thing I've heard all minute. Didn't they just close another nuclear power plant for fear of another 8.0 quake? The whole island is resting on a fault. This is ludicrous.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thats Interesting Stuff man

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Kaaan! KAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!
Are you snipping kidding me???
You have FOUR reactors in at least partial meltdown, you just ordered to shut down another plant because of the risks involved, AND YOU WANT TO KEEP INSTALLING NUCLEAR PLANTS, YOU IDIOT!!!
I wonder if the oil/nuclear industry sent him a message about his little idea of channeling funds to develop safe, cheap and clean energy...
Yeah, let's keep making PROFIT the axis of our society, what could posibly go wro.... oh wait..
Freaking ferengis...

new topics

top topics

join