It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bones of Jesus-Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Dan Brown writes fiction and should not be taken as historical fact.

The Council of Nicea never created a deity, they simply were charged with unifying a single Christian view, for political purposes, as there where many sects of Christianity at the time. Jesus was seen as a deity before the Council of Nicea and there's even physical archeological evidence to support that.

Here's a MSM report on such a finding, which I assume if Dan Brown is a legitimate source of fact, MSNBC should suffice. Archaeologists unveil ancient church in Israel

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
How do you keep idiots busy for 2000+ years? Sell them a story stolen from Egyptian/Pagan mythology as historical fact with no way to ever provide facts, and turn it into a religion. Never mind the fact that the solar messiah known as Jesus is a complete personified version of the sun and never existed.... no... lets continue on this path of delusion shall we?

Bones...... Bwahahahahahahaa!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi
[more

I beg to differ.

I follow the teachings of Jesus and try to live a selfless life. Christianity is not about miracles and resurrection. Those happenings are incidental. If you feel that they are the cornerstone of the Christianity than you're sorely mistaken.

All religions teach us to be selfless and to love one another. Too many people get caught up in the semantics, just as you've done. We need to stop questioning the "arguable" and start living the message.

You can call me or classify me as whatever you like. It doesn't matter. What does matter is that we as human beings start to evolve morally and begin to actually think before we act.

If the bones of Jesus were indeed found, do his teachings become any less important? Matter of fact, to only lend yourself to his teachings because he rose from the dead is completely missing the point. We are sentient beings capable of free will and thought. Some of us don't need water walking and miracles to accept an obviously accurate description of how we should be conducting ourselves on a daily basis.
edit on 15-5-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I thought that when the bible in the new testament talks about Jesus' resurrection, that it said that his disciples or whomever he appeared to, he told them to touch his hands and see that that's where the nails were....and they did and he was real.... and then they saw him ascend into heaven....

If Christians believed that then yes, finding bones of Jesus Christ would finally tear this joke apart and then maybe people would start believing in the positive teachings of morals in this story rather than taking it literal!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As I have found, the bones of Jesus were unknowingly found at an excavation of Masada in 1964 led by Scholar and Soldier General Yigael Yadin under the Israeli Department of Antiquities. All bones found at the site were buried in a mass grave at the bottom of the plateau

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by widukindHH15gran

I recently watched a documentary "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" where they think they may have found His tomb. Inscriptions were rather direct as to who all was buried with Him.

I don't think the Bible ever says directly that His physical body ascended into heaven. It's one of those things that we will never know the answer to until He returns. The Bible does tell us that we will receive a new body... that we will be changed... who's to say that He didn't receive His new body or return to His original state of being upon His ascension and left the old behind? We can't just assume that... that's what creates "religion"... a lot of assumptions and additions to what is told in the Bible. If the Bible gave every little detail, we wouldn't be able to carry it because it would be overwhelmingly huge... and we'd get so wrapped up and lost in the little details that we'd miss the intended message... We'd completely miss the point.

Belief in Jesus is everyone's personal choice.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by widukindHH15gran
What will happen when the Jesus bones are found in the treasure of the Rhine hidden in north Germany, originally from the gruft by externstein?

Cool story bro.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How would anyone ever be able to verify they were the bones of Jesus? DNA testing wouldn't pull up his driver's license or facebook profile picture.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Jesus did exist. Any well informed atheist would agree with that.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies, First of all it is really important to understand as much as possible about the 100,000 year old exsternstien site, and about the tomb or gruft built next to this megalith site. It was built in 33ad, 33 years after jesuses death, and was built exacty like the one that was in isreal by jewish sculptures which the romans must of hired. King Charlemagne destroyed 7 pillars of the 12 pillars by exsternstien, and 5 pillars only remain today by exsternestien. Do a google search to find a photo of that tomb by externestien. King Widukind had time to remove the body in that tomb before King charlemagne tried to retrieve it for the pope. The pope back then knew very well that at irminsul, or exsternestien the jesus bones were hidden there in that tomb by the romans. Theres a book in the soester archive, the oldest archive in germany that talks about this. The book has a german goverment stamp which states, this information must not be released to north america. The purple stamp is dated 1966, but the book about externstien was written in the 1880,s. Theres also a nazi stamp in the book. The nazis located thier ss nazi feurwehr generale wertretung above the old kings phalz in the center of the town of soest. The SS placed thier fire department headquarters, gloria fire extinquishers, and minimax fire extinguishers above where the phalz used to be in the town of soest, and dug down in that old soester tower also known as hoheshospital later on in medieval history. Hitler came very close to digging out the the treasure of the rhine. Or nibelungen treasure or thidrek saga treasure to be more precise. Hitler however did find one third of the tresure by hammerberg, since the treasure was split up in 3. The other two thirds of the treasure are still missing and I suspect in one of those two thirds King Widukind hid the bones of jesus in his grandfathers tomb King Attano. The catholic church hid a stone throne chair which was in the patrokli domhof in soest when the archeolgist decided to dig up the site where the SS nazi firedepartment headquarters was built on top of the phaltz location in soest. The chair Im talking about is depicted in one of paintings that florentinian painter named carlo criveli painted. The treasure of the rhine is the catholic churches biggest nightmare because it is possible that in the soester third of the treasure, containg 15 tons of gold, cleopatras huge emerald, the star of heaven, along with a map of all of egypts pyramids, and so much more, the bones of jesus christ also rest. The jewish people have been searching for this for 2000 years now, it is called in german the famous juden wanderung according to the soester archive book about exsternstien. That book should be made public worldwide, Anyways good thing the nazis didnt have time to get thier hands on that treasure. Ill give more info about this in detail sometime on this thread later on. Historian Hienz Ritter vom Schaumberg told me on his 80th birthday to make sure the world knows about this. When france stole the 75 kilo gold armour of the unknown kings tomb south east of koln by entzen germany just before the first world war, they forgot something important, ill clear all this up later on sometime in this thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This is where the Romans hid the body of Jesus Christ, 33 ad, the measurements of this tomb are exactly like the original in israel.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm going to keep this very important thread alive for ATS, next year I should have my home internet connection intact inorder to really start posting some really important information on this thread. I want to legate this to ATS and not really looking for any replies at the moment. I want to get this right, for the sake of history. I need to be able to post pics of some of the items I dug up in the soester kings phaltz, like for example a priceless fossilized sicilian dwarf elephant ivory stone, viking god, which has the secret of the treasure of the rhine, carved on it along with a whole bunch of other stuff I dug out of that phaltz back in 79. So just in a sense just saying hi to ATS for now, by the way the Urantia book version of the resurrection of Jesus is interesting, I like the idea of an accelerated fossilization process, the stone I have was also built like this, I'll explain later on this thread. This is for the really illuminated. RADA DAPA

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What will happen when the Jesus bones are found in the treasure of the Rhine hidden in north Germany, originally from the gruft by externstein?

Well, I guess a lot of religious people will be forced to change their views, won't they? I made a post on this, the bones were already found, it seems....

Biggest Conspiracy of them All, Jesus is Dead and Buried

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Won't happen, cant find the bones of someone who isnt dead

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Won't happen, cant find the bones of someone who isnt dead

Missed the overall evidence-oriented attitude of this thread, did you, concerning the bringing-the-body-along thingy.

On your premises, that Jesus is not dead and no bones will be found, this means he is either still living here on earth, or that he launched physically.

The last option presupposes still more assumptions than those already implied in your first claim. Any biological body achieving the necessary gravity-escape velocity would need some protection to survive, and then there is the question of oxygen once outside the atmosphere, not to mention the very low temperature in space requiring a thermodress or something.

And as heaven, according to conclusions based on gen. 1 is 'outside' the visible cosmos, it's going to a bleep long journey, considering that the speed of light is the maximum inside cosmos. So either is an ENORMOUS lunch basket brought along or some very advanced hibernation-technique was known and used then and then forgotten again.

Which actually means, that all the souls who supposedly go to heaven very quick, because they are disembodied, will have to wait a very long time, until they can sit at the right side of the man (admittedly time doesn't exist in heaven. According to JW calculations one divine day is app. two billion years), because he won't arrive for a long time.

So to make your ends meet, you'll have to fall back on still another dose of 'miracles', and while it may be some consolation that both Keanu Reeves and superman can do such things, 'miracles' have these days kind of lost the circle-argumentatory value, as they used to have (which can be blamed on the liberals and their insistence on education).

So altogether you would possibly be better off with just adding some bones to the collection of splinters from all 40 crosses, bits of the ark, the Turin shroud, the lance and the chalice, when it's finally found in Glastonbury in England. At least somebody will believe in such stuff.
edit on 27-8-2011 by bogomil because: dictionary correction, typos

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How could some random bones be proven that it is of Christ? Even if DNA said it was a Hebrew male it doesn't prove it was Christ. It would be like someone saying they have the bones of the Buddha, Muhammad, Confucius, Lao Tzu, Zoroaster, Moses, Mary, etc. It's impossible to prove.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
How could some random bones be proven that it is of Christ? Even if DNA said it was a Hebrew male it doesn't prove it was Christ. It would be like someone saying they have the bones of the Buddha, Muhammad, Confucius, Lao Tzu, Zoroaster, Moses, Mary, etc. It's impossible to prove.

Yes, I agree, it is impossible to prove. Just as impossible, in fact, and proving he ever existed at all, or proving that he was the actual "son" of a Deity, or that he is a "God." Right?

This is why religion, and it's books, and so confusing. For one, so the common folk will never read it, nor the lazy folks. Now if the intelligent folks do read it, it is so confusing and convoluted that no one can make heads or tails from it. That way, it remains "mysterious." This smacks of an agenda, don't you think? I mean, were I the God of Abraham and I had a message for humankind, I would make it in such a simple and plain language that even the most ignorant could make sense of it, wouldn't you?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by widukindHH15gran

What will happen when the clone of Hitler, that grew to adulthood in the mid 1960s in Argentina and moved to the US in 1976, applies for Social Security retirement benefits in 2012?

Gawd, I love this website

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Yes, I agree, it is impossible to prove. Just as impossible, in fact, and proving he ever existed at all, or proving that he was the actual "son" of a Deity, or that he is a "God." Right?

This is why religion, and it's books, and so confusing. For one, so the common folk will never read it, nor the lazy folks. Now if the intelligent folks do read it, it is so confusing and convoluted that no one can make heads or tails from it. That way, it remains "mysterious." This smacks of an agenda, don't you think? I mean, were I the God of Abraham and I had a message for humankind, I would make it in such a simple and plain language that even the most ignorant could make sense of it, wouldn't you?

I disagree with on that he didn't exist. Religious movements don't spring up around people that never existed. He was a well known person and if the Apostle just made him up people would have called them out on it.

How is Christianity hard to understand? The scriptures are clear that you have to believe Jesus Christ died for your sins and accept him as your Lord and Savior so you can have eternal life. Pretty straight forward.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join