It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our tax dollars used to murder innocents around the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How can we allow our tax money to be used to murder innocent people around the world without our consent? How can we detach our responsibility and complicity from the acts of our government when we fund it with the our own blood. sweat. and tears?

Myself and my family have served the USA for generations. We are mostly a veteran family from every war the United States has been involved in from its early inception. I have to ask myself if the USA is actually even close to what I conceived it as being as a patriotic child.

My family has given lives, dollars and our love and faith to this nation. We are I think typical of families that have been here since before the formation of the many states into one republic. We are also part Native American as were many early settlers. We are part of this land. It is part of us. We do not see ourselves as apart from the land we live in.

The foreign influence we perceive as threatening to our way of life has been that one from the Potomac area. The DC types that are tax feeders extraordinaire. The non functioning of society have become the most prolific in our world and they seem to feed not only on taxes but on death. The war is the health of the state is seems. More war death and confusion the more people will willingly give up their god given, not government granted rights.

We as a people and a nation make a mistake when we allow others to murder without so much as a trial, innocents in our name with so called smart bombs and drone attacks.This offends everyone of character I know that we are all basically seen as outlaws by the current administration which see this type of warfare as need and somehow constitutional as well.

I find it infuriating that we are forced by our federal taxation to submit our hard earned monies to the murder of innocents who we will never know or see. I know this is just a rant and will likely never be given more than a moments notice by the world but I just chose this place and time to express this view. Mainly because the world looks so disastrous right now that it seems appropriate. Peace and take care.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I completely agree S&F. We should have a national budget where every tax payer decides what yearly projects to fund with their contribution in the comfort of their own home online or when they file their taxes.

If a department messes up and displeases the public, TSA perhaps, they would answer directly to the tax paying public at the end of the year.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticJoe

I like it. It is like Line Item Veto Powers for the tax payer. Brilliant!

second

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You post is somewhat vague. Unfortunately, international politics is a messy business and war invariable causes innocent death. As a non American, I don't disagree with the use of drones to kill terrorist (really, they purposely go out of their way to kill you and Israeli's on purpose--the more innocent the better!).

Most of the recent wars you have been involved in (we could argue Iraq), you were drawn into by people wishing to pick a fight. If you are going to bring a knife to a gun fight, or pick a fight with the US, you better be ready for the consequences.

I guess my question to you: What would you suggest is a better option? Call me a nay-sayer, but singing songs and apologizing to international thugs does not work.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

I am OK with Blood for Blood. It is in our very American warrior way. I am not OK with letting some video game terrorist in a trailer kill 40 people who happen to attend a wedding that some guy on a terror list happened to attend. You do not seem really informed on the subject so I will end with this. Cui Bono, who benefits?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

I am OK with Blood for Blood. It is in our very American warrior way. I am not OK with letting some video game terrorist in a trailer kill 40 people who happen to attend a wedding that some guy on a terror list happened to attend. You do not seem really informed on the subject so I will end with this. Cui Bono, who benefits?

You seem to think that people that go social gatherings of terrorist and hang out with them are not of the same mind set, and don't support them, fund them, and help them. It's quite common in most organizations such as British intelligence, to take the target out when you can. Do you hang out with drug dealer's and heroin addicts and then complain when you get caught up in some sort of drug raid?

If you are going to support terrorism as a means to and end you have have to face the music. I have pretty good idea of the character of the people I hang out with and what they belief and support.

Again, not a pretty business, but not something that you can complain about. If you let people into your school or day care center, and then let them fire onto enemy targets, don't be suprised if your school gets bombed.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The world is no more disatrous and dismaying than its ever been before...this has always gone on. Let's face it, men need to stop waging their wars. If women were the leaders of the world. would it be different?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Sadly, this is nothing new, little brother. We have the internet, 24/7 news, imbedded journalists, and more information (biased) than ever before.
What used to be slowly disseminated from books is now brought to the fore every news cycle. We are a species that has failed to learn from our past.
For true change to take place, though, we have to take charge ourselves. We have to accept the burden of responsibility ourselves if we really want to see a difference.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Perhaps someone can explain what you are talking about to me. It seemed to me like it streamed from many sources other then the content of this thread.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Hi everyone,

my conspiracy theory is that the government is once again not telling the americans the truth about osama. as a former infantry soldier i know and any soldier would tell you that . you never apply deadly force by shooting anyone on the face. that is a ton of crap. osama is very much alive and probably interrogated and tortured for information.dead people dont talk. and we need information from that asshole. i love this country and want to believe that he is dead , but the burial on the sea, sounds like a cover up, the shooting on the face sounds like a cover up, the refusal to release pix sound like a cover up. I Would like to see Osama dead. ,but i guess ill have to wait until after he is interrogated and tortured , and confessed about his strategy. i'm glad we caught that son of a b... America Rocks!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiser77

So you signed up on ATS just to make this statement in 2 different threads now. How very govbot of you. Your patriotic love of torture and human rights abuse is noted.

new topics

top topics

join