It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist belief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What do Atheist believe in when they die ? That there is nothing, a non existence , that your in and empty black void. If you say that there is nothing, then, you are wrong because nothing is still something. If you say, non existence that's still an existence ,If you say there is an empty black void where their is no thought , that black void exist ....I want all Atheist to tell what they think happens you when you die.
edit on 14-5-2011 by bdb818888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by bdb818888 because: I got crabs

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
What do Atheist believe in when they die ? That there is nothing, a non existence , that your in and empty black void. If you say that there is nothing, then, you are wrong because nothing is still something. If you say, non existence that's still an existence ,If you say there is an empty black void where their is no thought , that black void exist ....I want all Atheist to tell what they think happens you when you die.
edit on 14-5-2011 by bdb818888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by bdb818888 because: I got crabs

BAM... lights out! Game over...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'll bite. I believe this earth sustains us along with the sun even though we humans don't deserve it. As far as death? I don't know, and I don't care. I'll find out when I die. That's my opinion. Why live your life around what happens after you're not here? This is now.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think "cease to perceive" is an adequate description. Your consciousness ends. i.e. you no longer exist as a mental entity.

I think "a void" is a bad description because that would imply that you go somewhere. A void would need to have a location right?

But who cares? Everyone will just have to live their lives and we will all find out in the end,..or not as it were.
edit on 14-5-2011 by watchitburn because: because I can

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Do you believe you have a soul ?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Atheists have no common belief about an 'afterlife'. There's only one belief atheists share and that's that there is no deity.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

so, your saying there is nothing, your just dead and that's it ?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I want all Atheist to tell what they think happens you when you die.

I can state exactly what happens when we die with absolute confidence.
We rot.

Now, some may end up turning to ash, but as a whole, we simply decompose. Not sure how this is a mystery, any google search could describe the whole process...

As far as anything els (such as a spirit or whatnot), well...I don't know..and I say I don't know because there is no evidence showing anything else...so, I don't know...and neither does anyone else.
What an atheist tends to think is this...if such things are unknown, then you cannot therefore know...theists basically are stating "Nobody knows, therefore I know". That is illogical.

As far as what -could- happen after life...well, the only comparison I have in being withoout a physical body happened before I was born...and I don't remember that infinity before my birthday very well.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by forall2see

so, your saying there is nothing, your just dead and that's it ?

Depends.
If you collected enough rings in your life, you get an extra guy.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You've already started one thread on this very topic today. Please continue the discussion there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join