It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Blackwater officials form corporate spying group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The people that operated Blackwater and the military's pre-9/11 data mining operation Able Danger have a new project: corporate spying services for Fortune 500 companies.

Their new company is called Jellyfish Intelligence.

"Our organization is not going to be controversial," Jellyfish CEO and former Blackwater senior executive Keith Mahoney insisted.

The Jellyfish mission is "to protect human lives and their business interests throughout the world," the firm's website claims.

"Operation Jellyfish is an innovative, private sector initiative designed by a team of former military and intelligence operatives, chief executives and corporate strategists offering private intelligence services to CEOs and senior executives of multinational corporations," the group claimed.

source

Looks like they fit into Obama's plan to incorporate private sector security crap into the business world. As if we need more shysters in the business world already. "Business" is why we are in the shape we are in and until the shift from 'business/corporate" model of our government into a people/citizen based government, this nation will be in a world of crap.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Blackwater has gotten bigger and bigger since the 9/11 thanks to congress. This agency has not regulations when it comes to what they are allowed to do or not.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't know if you or others are aware but B.W. now Xe are training law enforcement at their Moyock N.C. facility to conduct urban "warfare" operations and enhanced SWAT as well as CQB aka close quarters battle. My opinion is that if if you want to be in the military then join the military. Law enforcement should not be getting this type of training regardless of much they whine & cry about how dangerous their job is. If you don't want danger, then work at Burger King.
edit on 5/14/2011 by Humint1 because: spelling check and error correction

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't know what this new "Jellyfish" company is about, but I do know that I don't trust nor support Blackwater/Xe or any other mercenary group. Unregulated paramilitary forces are dangerous to the people, especially one that can be bought and is beyond the rule of law.

I sincerely cannot imagine why a company like Jellyfish would be needed if a corporation was to act within legal boundaries. Maybe to continue our history of "disaster capitalism"?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sound just like mercenaries.
bought and paid for by govt and ceo's.

to protect the ceo's?
from what?
citizens that are dying from corexit poisoning (or GM food), that no longer have anything left to lose?

no better than gaddafi and his mercenaries.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I'd like to point everyone's attention to the following video:

Obummer kinda spells it out, in newspeak of course. Doubleplusungood for all you 1984'ers
edit on 15-5-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join