It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with tracking cookies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It seems all I ever have on my pc when I do a scan is tracking cookies...just did a full scan about 30 minutes ago and took off 24.

Then I log back on here, and decide to do a quick scan,and there are 11 of them !! Erase those ,and go to different forum,and decide to scan again...whoa another 11 just from switching forums?..or is that the standard number for this site?

Don't know much about tracking cookies, but this website seems to have alot attached to them??

If anyone has a reason or clue why this is,would love a response?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
hahah...you just done the survey innit? lol me too.

get a mac....and realises that anything you put on the net from that phone line in your house is being collected, or at least untill someone writes an algorythm to collect your data.....read up on "EPIC" THE FUTURE OF THE INTERNET....

to add i think it should be illegal to automatically add a cookie to your computer by a website....even GOOGLE do it now....every time i conduct a search, i will be transferrd to an advert.....the internet is in its infancy, we need to introduce laws that protect our information.....or at least show some due dilligance
edit on 14-5-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
cookie monster needs his food.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

cookies keep track of your settings on webpages, such as "shopping carts", game settings, etc. Most are pretty harmless, you can change your "cookie settings", but sometime this will hinder your web surfing.

I wouldn't worry too much about them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
this is how to remove your info from facebook etc

profile suicide

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yes, ATS allows cookies to track your searches and such to help decide what kind of ads to display. Many, I'd say now days most all, sites that rely on ads to pay for their bandwidth use cookies, others use it as extra revenue.

You can turn off the cookies, but some sites will require them turned on or will not load.

top topics

join