It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of life? I think I may have the answer.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

What is your source for this belief?

Originally posted by predisposed
no the OP is completley and utterly wrong. the meaning on life is fundamentally and exactly this-

the meaning is simple.

You have the entirety of eternity, eg FOREVER to exist.

The meaning of life is to create experiences and events that will eliminate boredom.

THere is no specific reason or meaning. Only to forget that you are eternally one, and alone in an existence, but to create and hence eliminate boredom

Basically so that the "one" or universe, can remain, not bored or lonely out of its mind for ever.

There is no other reason, there is no ultimate quest to find love or understanding. There was understanding very close to the "begining" you are one. one consciousness of unltimitted power that is forever alone, and you need entertaining

The meaning of life is to escape boredom. to be excited, and entertained.

Thats it.

think about it. its simple. and fundamentally true

ofcourse that entails that there are also an infitine number of miniture "quests" wher eu must win a game or achieve this, but that is not the meaning. that is the effect of the meaning.

Boredom...

It seems theres a generation of "stimulation" junkies, bored with life...

*shrug*

edit on 15-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
What is your definition of Life?

I mean what do you think, LIFE is?

If it is the "Species" you are wrong...

If it is the Mind, NOT part of the Brain, then you may be on a more realistic path of thinking.

The Brain is merely the "Decoder/Encoder" as well as supporting the Species.

So if your Definition is along the lines of the Latter, this may help you to discover what LIFE really is.
edit on 15-5-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: added text.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The meaning of life is but the meaning you attribute to it, or the meaning you find within.

As part of the human species, i personally find meaning in life itself, and it's continuation.

That's gives me the motivation to promote getting off knees and stop praying to the void before our Sun boils our oceans and we all die out.

edit on 15/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Interesting posts to a very interesting thread. There is some form of truth in all the posts when you look at the question as "The meaning of life"; but if you pose the question as "What is life?", then suddenly you get a flow of other ideologies regarding life; thus affirming that which was posted at the beginning of the thread: "You are what comes out of you, that which is from within you": for that which is from within was first put in: what you put in you take out; you cannot take out something you did not first put in; you cannot take something out of nothing!!!

Life in all generalization is an energy; and since it is referred to as life, it defies extinction; therefore it is an enetrnal energy also referred to as spirit; this energy formed and transforms the material universe. You are of that energy: not the specie of your abode, but the very life/spirit your specie hosts: for the specie is a vegitable without the intelligent life it hosts; and it is that intelligent life that is the driving force behind all that can be seen.

That which you experience enters into you and that which enters into you inspires your state of being; and that which is formed in you is that which comes out of you, making you that which was formed in you. If you are overcome by hurt you will live hatefully; and if you learn how to overcome hurt, which everyone must experience at some point in life, you will find yourself overcoming hate: for in experiencing hate you learn how not to hate; and as you overcome hate love begins to permeate your being, transforming you.

You might wonder why? A creature is not perfect until it's been through its making process; and in perfection there is no trouble. With perfection comes peace; and peace cannot manifest without understanding, and understanding comes when you shed Self/Ego; and in eliminating self you start to see/acknowledge others; in acknowledging others you build relationships with them; and with relationships come endearment/love, which is the light of Life. Only in this state of being can you know how to co-exist in the "World" to come: for as you are not alone in this world, so is the world to come meant for each and every life hosted in this world's specie.

You did not become by chance, nor did you create yourself: you are a creature of that great and pure Energy/Spirit known as Life; and just as a child grows experiencially, so also are you growing experiencially through those things you encounter in your daily existence while yet in the vessel/specie of your abode. While in your vessel you experience things that make you what you find yourself as, and while out of your vessel you learn from those experiences: in the end, which end becomes a beginning, you, as life, is transformed perfectly: for with experiences come understanding, and with understanding comes growth, transforming life.

You cannot force or make someone see and understand that which you see and understand; all you can do is be a light that reveals that which you see and understand: light manifests truth; and truth, as light, verily is incontrovertible: malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but in its manifestation it humbles malice and disconcerts ignorance; and the wilderness of the ignorant mind will eventually be cultivated/tamed, and out of it shall come forth a glorious being.

Peace be with you!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I love your threads Ed. Thanks for this, it was very enjoyable to read. Don't worry about all the haters, speak your mind!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
From "The Gospel of Thomas" verse 56 Quote;

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come to understand the World
has found only a corpse,

and whoever has found a corpse,
is superior to the World.”

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thank you. June, July and August is my time off. As soon as summer hits, I will be adding content to my blog again and eventually finishing a second book . I'll post some of the new stuff here.

Originally posted by graphuto
I love your threads Ed. Thanks for this, it was very enjoyable to read. Don't worry about all the haters, speak your mind!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The gospel of Thomas is really good stuff. I think the quote below is talking about dieing to self. I was just reading about this. Death leads to spiritual birth. This is an allusion to John 3. I wrote an article on my blog and said this.

"This life is fleeting. At our essence, we are souls trapped in a decaying corpse, a corpse moving about in time. Will the precious time we have on this earth be lived for our own selfish ends, or will we take each step forward for the betterment of others? Discovering our purpose for this movement in time is then reduced to these two choices and will define who we are when the end finally comes. No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are." LINK

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

56. Jesus said,

has found only a corpse,

edit on 15-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

"This life is fleeting. At our essence, we are souls trapped in a decaying corpse, a corpse moving about in time.

The Soul is NOT in the "Species", but instead the "Species" IN The Soul.

Here is The "Partition Map" of The Soul and "The Son of MAN" or “The MAN Child” in the Centre.

This is NOT Guessing...... and The Drawing is 100% True and Accurate…

This is NOT a Mandala !

But is the "Partition Map" used in The "Processing System" of The Soul.

This is just one of 50,000 (Fifty Thousand) + Drawings I have, explaining the whole "Operating System" of The Soul and how to apply it in a practical way.

It involves "The Technologies of The Mind" or LIFE.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The gospel of Thomas is really good stuff. I think the quote below is talking about dieing to self. I was just reading about this. Death leads to spiritual birth. This is an allusion to John 3. I wrote an article on my blog and said this.

"This life is fleeting. At our essence, we are souls trapped in a decaying corpse, a corpse moving about in time. Will the precious time we have on this earth be lived for our own selfish ends, or will we take each step forward for the betterment of others? Discovering our purpose for this movement in time is then reduced to these two choices and will define who we are when the end finally comes. No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are." LINK

56. Jesus said,

has found only a corpse,

Let's refrase the word spoken in the Gospel of Thomas: Whoever has come to understand the material world has come to recognize that it is nothing but a corpse/matter; and whoever has found this revelation is superior to the material world.

When you look at the material universe from the soul you do not see living energy/Life, you simply see material images, sought of like watching television; a television broadcast is not alive, though it has movement; it is a program generated technologically to mimick that which is living. You are far superior to the material world.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Olise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olise

56. Jesus said,

has found only a corpse,

Let's refrase the word spoken in the Gospel of Thomas: Whoever has come to understand the material world has come to recognize that it is nothing but a corpse/matter; and whoever has found this revelation is superior to the material world.

When you look at the material universe from the soul you do not see living energy/Life, you simply see material images, sought of like watching television; a television broadcast is not alive, though it has movement; it is a program generated technologically to mimick that which is living. You are far superior to the material world.

Bingo

Olise You are onto it....

A Star 4 U.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Interesting. What is your Source?

"This life is fleeting. At our essence, we are souls trapped in a decaying corpse, a corpse moving about in time.

Here is The "Partition Map" of The Soul and "The Son of MAN" or “The MAN Child” in the Centre.

This is NOT a Mandala !

This is just one of 50,000 (Fifty Thousand) + Drawings I have, explaining the whole "Operating System" of The Soul and how to apply it in a practical way.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That's a good way to put it. This is only one aspect though. From this realization, a person needs to see the broader picture. We are not here merely to find the illusion. We are roots building the tree above. The fruit is on the other side is the goal. Once the tree starts producing fruit, the spirit is born. LINK

Originally posted by Olise

56. Jesus said,

has found only a corpse,

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The Reason for the Program called "The Earth" is to Invoke "The Metamorphosis of The Soul" and nothing Else.

All that we think we gain, is taken on our last breath within the "Program", so the "Species" Gains Nothing at All.

Only Two gain from this, and they are...

1. The Soul.

and
2. "The True Mind" or LIFE (some call the Spirit) which Lives in the Soul.

The "Species" returns to the Ground.

But LIFE can't Die as it is LIFE and NOT Death.

From "The Gospel of Thomas" verse 49 & 50 Quote;

49. Jesus said,

“Blessed are the Solitary and Elect, for you will find The Kingdom.
For you are from it, and to it you will return.”

50. Jesus said, “If they say to you, “Where did you come from?”

say to them, “We came from The Light,
the place where The Light came into being on Its own accord
and established Itself and became manifest through their Image.”

If they say to you, “Is it you?”

say, “We are its children, and we are the elect of The Living Father.”

If they ask you, “What is the sign of your Father in you?”

say to them, “It is Movement and Repose.”

and verse 39 Quote;

39. Jesus said,

“The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed to enter
those who wish to.

and Verse 84 Quote;

84.Jesus said, “When you See your likeness, you rejoice.

But when you See Your Images,
which came into being Before You,
and which Neither Die Nor Become Manifest,

How Much You Will Have To Bear!”

and Verse 11 Quote;

11. Jesus said,

“This heaven will pass away,
and the one above it, will pass away.

The dead are Not alive,
and the living will Not die.

edit on 16-5-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax Errors

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This is NOT a Mandala !

The LIFE in You and ME or “The True Mind”.

If you look at the Decor in old Churches, Government Buildings Palaces, Temples of All Religions, Cathedrals, Monasteries, Mosques, Synagogues, and Public Buildings you will find historical evidence of the Components of The Souls "Processing System", if you know what to look for.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Source

You have three parts to who you are. You have your mind (Spirit). You have the subconscious (Law / Regulating systems). You have your body. The mind tells the subconscious what to do. The body is created and regulated by the subconscious. When is the last time you told your hair to grow? When is the last time you activated the cones and rods in your eyes? This is the job of the subconscious.

The subconscious acts two directions. It tells your body what to do and it tries to tell you what to do. If you allow this, you are controlled by the subconscious and not the mind. This is emotion over intellect. Impenetrability says that no object can occupy the same space of another object. If the emotion is stronger than the intellect (Mind / Spirit), then it wins. If the mind is stronger than the emotion (5 senses), then it wins and the subconscious obeys. This is called equanimity. Equal balance of the mind, soul and body.

To gain Atonement, you need to place your mind in the drivers seat for all choices. The more you fill your mind with good things, the better it can drive your consciousness. There is a problem with this. You are not capable of fully managing your spirit. No human is. Some are better than others. The entire point of Christ dieing on the cross was so that His Spirit (The Holy Spirit) can enter your being and transform your mind, soul and spirit. This is the Atonement spoken of in the Bible. At-One-Ment. Doubt, hatred and bias against God keeps this from ever happening. Luke 10 explains this. You must love God and love your neighbor. Your neighbor is even your enemies.

This is NOT a Mandala !

The LIFE in You and ME or “The True Mind”.

If you look at the Decor in old Churches, Government Buildings Palaces, Temples of All Religions, Cathedrals, Monasteries, Mosques, Synagogues, and Public Buildings you will find historical evidence of the Components of The Souls "Processing System", if you know what to look for.

edit on 16-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There is no set in stone reason for life.

Life has reason because you yourself give it reason.
edit on 16-5-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The meaning of life and the requirement for life to exist must make perfect and complete sense with one another, and if they don't within the same overall premise, then it's a flawed premise. There has never been a successful notion to emerge from traditional wisdom; be it philosophy, religion, spiritualism or science. These traditional attempts have focused on either meaning or requirement, and that's not a description of something that's real. Real bridges that divide and includes it all.

Anyone can invent a concept. To be able to claim that you've unearthed the truth, your premise must bring both the meaning and the reason together without any clashes. Then, it has to explain the mundane and the anomalous without any loose ends or open question remaining. If you can't present all that, and show how it fits into the daily lives of every person on the face of any planet you can imagine, then you're just inventing plot concepts.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

An interesting Human perception, even though Incorrect, regarding Cause....

You are analysing the Result i.e. the "Experience" and NOT what produces everything.

All is the Result of "Programming"...

Even in your world DNA is a Chemical based "Program"....

What you are examining is the End Result and NOT the Cause... i.e what produces your Species and Environment INSIDE your Soul.

The Universe does NOT Exist where you believe it to exist....

There are Two Stories...

a. The End Experience. Involving the "Species" and the "Environment" it interacts with.
and
b. What produces this i.e. the "Processing System" which produces these experiences in yor Soul.

"The True Mind" or LIFE which Dwells in the Soul experiences All, through and INSIDE The Soul.
Each Soul is part of a huge network of Souls inside "The First Born Soul.

The Living know this... But the Dead Don't.

As I quoted before many times From "The Gospel ot Thomas" verse 56 Quote;

56. Jesus said,

has found only a Corpse,

and whoever has found a Corpse
is Superior to the World.”

Regarding your Claim Christ died oon the Cross....

From “The Gospel According to John” Ch. 2 verse 19 & 21 Quote;

19. Jesus answered and said to them,
“Destroy this Temple,
and in three days
I will raise it up”. Unquote:

And in verse 21 Quote;

21. But He was speaking of the Temple of His body.

So if the body is the Temple and is destroyed how can the Temple or Body raise itself up again ?

Answer; It Can’t.

So who was the “I” who raised it up again in 3 Days?

Answer; "The True Mind" or The LIFE of GOD i.e. The SON of GOD, through “The MAN Child” or “The SON of MAN” which is NOT the Temple or Body referred to as Jesus The Carpenter but instead "The True Mind through The SON of MAN” also known as “The MAN Child”.

An interesting Ancient Christian writing to read....

"The Thunder Perfect Mind"

edit on 17-5-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Added text

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

It's all about "The Metamorphosis of The Soul"....

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join