It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings! Guess who's new?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yuppers, it's me. :-)
Although, like most newbies, I wouldn't call myself 'new'. I've been regularly coming to this site for about 4 years now. As per instructions, I'm posting my "Hi, there and Hello" introductory thread (after which I will wait to begin a new thread until I have surpassed my initial 20 posts).

Let's see... I suppose we'll start with the basics: I'm practically 30 and female. I've recently moved into (well, almost into) the mountains with my husband (no kids) to make for a quicker get away. I've always believed that there is something going on that, for whatever reason, I do not get to be privy to. So, like any sleuth, I started digging. The digging started many a moon ago when I was just a lass in high school. That particular dig led me to no longer attending organized religion. Soon after, I started noticing other things in life that most around me simply took for granted. I suppose it's just my nosey nature, but about 15 years later, I feel like I'm finally catching on.

I'm pretty much interested in everything that contains truth. More accurately I would say I'm interested in things that imply truth, but don't back it up. Oh! And aliens! Man, do I love me some aliens. But who doesn't, right?

I bet you're all on the edge of your seat trying to figure out why I've finally decided to join after all these years.

Community. I have several hundred friends on facebook (I'm sure you've heard of it, a social networking site with millions of people
) very few of which are awake. This leads to either frustrating or non-existent interaction. Understand, that while in years past, these people were my friends and colleges, now are merely acquaintances who spout unintelligible sheep-like responses to everything happening in the world. I come to ATS to pretend like I'm having intelligent conversation, al beit, by myself- until now.

I guess what I'm saying is that ATS seems more like a community to me than the one I have built on facebook through my college years. I'm hoping this will give me piece of mind that I'm not the 'only one'.

I'm very excited to add my detective skills to the pot and hope that my contribution to ATS will be somewhat as helpful as it has already been to me.

And bear with me, now that I am officially a member the site seems so much bigger. So many things to learn!

Thanks... for everything

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nice to see you , welcome.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Make sure to read the T&C's and have fun!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ElizaAshdene

Welcome to ATS ElizaAshdene

Im so glad you decided to join there are so many threads to choose from..I cant wait to read your posts and threads here on ATS come on in and have fun

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Welcome...I, too, am a new member after "lurking" for years. I envy your ability to get closer to a get a way point and it sounds like you are a truly happy person, with tons of curiosity (which will take you far) and a zeal for discovering the truth.

I know what you mean about the sheep on facebook. I could post that my poop looked off color today and get 30 "likes", but If I post one link about preparing for the future, you can hear crickets on my computer screen.

So, like I said, Welcome.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hiya and welcome! Moved into the mountains, huh? Well you're probably a step ahead of many of us in that regard. I'm still located in an urban envrionment here, but I like to think that if "TSHTF", I will be one of those who remain behind to clean up the fan.

I too like some good ol alien/ufo related content, though I have yet to actually *see* any UFOs I could not identify in person, I somehow feel like that this will not always be the case for me...

Also nothing wrong with questioning the status quo, that just means you're an independant thinker and not willing to be herded along with the rest, and like to take a second, more in depth look at things... This is a common theme here at ATS, and I like to think ATS is a great place for people with like minds and similiar questions to attempt to put the pieces of the puzzle together - The pieces are there to be assembled, that is for sure, there's just so darn many of them.

Looking forward to reading more from you, as you sound like you will be a fantastic contributer. Take care for now!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Enjoy Your Stay & Have Your Say!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Welcome. I too have been a long-time lurker and am still on my trial period of 20 responses. I never made an intro thread tho. Never really gave it much thought. Smart move relocating to near the mountains. I hope the weather is nice there.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neOrevolutionist

I know what you mean about the sheep on facebook. I could post that my poop looked off color today and get 30 "likes", but If I post one link about preparing for the future, you can hear crickets on my computer screen.

It's almost worse for me, if I post anything other than my poop color then I get tons of totally ridiculous comments. I feel I should screenshot some just for laughs on here.
I started 'hiding' people. I'm pretty sure I only see about a quarter of the peoples posts I'm friends with. See, no matter how uninformed or ignorant they are, I can't bring myself to delete them. Doesn't that just sound horrible? I am going to DELETE YOU. Whoa. I don't need that kind of karma. So they stay safely hidden.

Thanks for the warm welcome, too! I already feel at home :-)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Hiya and welcome! Moved into the mountains, huh? Well you're probably a step ahead of many of us in that regard. I'm still located in an urban envrionment here, but I like to think that if "TSHTF", I will be one of those who remain behind to clean up the fan.

That's why we moved into the mountains. We figure it'll be easier to stay alive longer AWAY from the masses, at first. That way we can help out when the time comes. But I was living in the middle of a city with a population of 1/2 million. Although that city is probably pretty protected, on account of the planes and vast open plains on all sides (look at the location hint ).

I too like some good ol alien/ufo related content, though I have yet to actually *see* any UFOs I could not identify in person, I somehow feel like that this will not always be the case for me...

Me too! But my hopes are high and always looking up. The area we've moved to has LOTS of UFO activity and government activity... and missing persons... and cow mutilations. That stuff is just crazy. Especially to Farmer Joe. The people in this valley are quite simple, but they believe in this stuff because they see it.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm so excited to have intelligent conversation !!! (Yes, it's possible I just squeeked)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Welcome, the mountains will be a dangerous place to be on d-day.

top topics

join