It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Leader Arrested After Alleged Sex Attack

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Strauss-Kahn was supposed to be meeting in Berlin on Sunday with German Chancellor Angela Merkel about aid to debt-laden Greece, and then join EU finance ministers in Brussels on Monday and Tuesday. The IMF is responsible for one-third of Greece's existing loan package, and his expected presence at these meetings underlined the gravity of the Greek crisis.

Maybe this is the reason he was "arrested", if there is a conspiracy against him.

It is strange he went out and attacked a woman like that. Was he remotely controlled?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Reaching

Not necessarily.

Its very poor logic. You dont always rise to a high position just because you are "smart." Sometimes, you rise to a high position because you are a ruthless SOB who will use and trample on anyone who gets in your way and you also happen to be smart.

Smart alone doesnt take you very far. You have to desire power, and be willing to use it. Both characteristics that could very well make you a rapist.

But, that said, it is also a possibility that he is being framed, and I dont want to take away from that. Im just pointing out that your analysis is incomplete and a little skewed and starry eyed.

There are lots of very dysfunctional people in positions of power.

In some cases, you don't even have to be smart, just devious. I've seen people that weren't so smart get ahead because they were devious and this is just on a regular job not some high -falutin' position of power.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So latest news is that the SOB was released and has fled to Israel? Per CNN.

You have a link? This is pretty serious the woman sustained injuries when he tried to pull her panties off, I doubt they will allow him to leave New York after posting bail.
They certainly aren't expecting him at the Brussels Economic Forum Wednesday.
Looks like John Lipsky has already been named the new IMF chief so they must be sure Strauss-Kahn is done.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would not be suprised if he did something like this...seriously, people who are at this level of power can get away with committing crime because there are people around them willing to shield them or 'clean things up'. A maid would be the perfect person to rape because of their social standing, possible language barriers, etc.
It is said that the biggest joke played on the Human Race was the devil convincing folks he didn't exist - I am just making an analogy here. Folks in these kinds of elevated positions can get away with stuff like this and there are many who would say "Oh, he wouldn't do that, look at who he is and what position he holds."
Yeah right

On the other hand, by golly, it could be a set - up

At first blush though, I doubt it (just my opinion, please no hate mail, lol)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm surprised no-one linked DSK to Bilderberg yet...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I was a chambermaid in my twenties and it is amazing how many men seem to think that the maid comes with the room. I think the word chambermaid conjures up images of wenches and days of yore when men could get away with harrassing the maids.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation

I was a chambermaid in my twenties and it is amazing how many men seem to think that the maid comes with the room. I think the word chambermaid conjures up images of wenches and days of yore when men could get away with harrassing the maids.

Exactly...one would think that if we could build nuclear weapons and eradicate disease we would be smart enough to respect each other's person. Unfortunately this is not the case (still) and poor impulse control seems to be the order of the day *shakes head*

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I also think that there is a real possibility that he actually did what he is accused of doing.

There is a chance that this is a set up, and/or that the PTB are allowing the charges to stick for political reasons, but....................he certainly seems to have a background that makes these accusations plausible.

And I agree with those who point out that people in power sometimes think of those "under them" as less than human and easy targets or fair game. Power corrupts. If he started out with a leaning towards little control over his willie, its not hard to imagine that over time, and after many successes, he felt himself untouchable.

I can see why some people may want to set him up, but I cannot see how they could assure themselves the maid would not trip up, or even turn on them, and so it makes it less plausible to me that she is part of a scheme. If she had just been hired the week before, and had no history as a maid prior to that, I would change my view.

It can be both. Both that he really did this, and that he is being set up, or allowed to face the consequences of his own actions.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

They may commit crimes but they try to hide it, they may not always try very hard but they try somehow to hide it.

Here ? Nope, he just leaves and go catch his plane.

If CNN is really reporting he has fled to Israel, it shows how credible and trustworthy are the MSM, the ultimate smear tool.

Hurl your calumnies boldly; something is sure to stick.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

They may commit crimes but they try to hide it, they may not always try very hard but they try somehow to hide it.

But he fled so quickly he left his cell phone and other personal items in his room. That IS a form of "trying to hide it." Its called "fleeing the scene."

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

How is it hiding it when you are a public figure in a rent hotel room making you easily identifiable ?

It's even more stupid and reckless than the rape itself !

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Manouche

But he fled so quickly he left his cell phone and other personal items in his room. That IS a form of "trying to hide it." Its called "fleeing the scene."

LOL, Fleeing the scene...you got that right.
Nowadays a cell phone for most people is like a third arm - he had to have been in a major hurry to forget the cell phone.
I wonder what other items he forgot (ok, now I'm just being nosy, lol)
I feel sorry for the maid..the authorities/courts/defense lawyers are going to put her through the wringer as well.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You think theres no agenda???

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Frankly HES FRENCH! I think it probably wasnt exactly an attack, just a very aggressive pass at having sex the man made to his.. maid. Anyway another distraction

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
These international monetary gangsters are not satisfied with figuratively screwing over everyone else, now they have to do it literally.

Nothing will happen to the creep.

He will get off.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow
These international monetary gangsters are not satisfied with figuratively screwing over everyone else, now they have to do it literally.

Nothing will happen to the creep.

He will get off.

Hopefully not..sometimes the authorities like to make an example of folks like these. It could be someone did want to get rid of him and figured they could use his peccadillo against him, figuring it would only be matter of time before he goofed up

If this was a conspiracy the nitwit played right into thier hands...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If John Lipsky is appointed the new head, the US now has a team player and possible valuable asset.

John Lipsky, an American citizen, is a member of the CFR, an American foreign policy think tank, was vice chairman and chief economist at JP Morgan.

This would be a loss for Europe and victory for the US in terms of influence.

Looks like New York may have just put one of its own on the IMF throne.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Well, its a fact unless the police are lying, that he fled the room and left his cell phone and personal effects, so...............what does that tell you about the guys mindset?

www.cbc.ca...

The woman broke free and told hotel staff what happened, authorities said. When detectives arrived later, Strauss-Kahn had already left the hotel, leaving behind his cellphone and other items, Browne said.

So, unless its all an utter fabrication, he clearly at that point wasnt thinking clearly. He just wanted to get off US soil asap.

The maid, according to the hotel, worked there three years prior to this assault without incident,

in.reuters.com...

"We would like to point out that our employee worked at the Sofitel New York for three years and was completely satisfactory in terms of her work and behaviour," manager Jorge Tito said in a statement sent from Accor's Paris office.

And thats a long time to change sheets if you are just a plant set to entrap someone.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Strauss-Kahn is known to having had these ´lapses´ before, but I´m smellin a plot here..he is the most important oponent of the puppet Sarkozy, and I think ´they´( that means very powerful people´) wanted to get rid of him.
so, is it just a convinience, that this happens right now?
It happens just before important Euro decisions, too..

edit on 15-5-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join