It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

IMF Leader Arrested After Alleged Sex Attack

page: 22
65
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34


His team are already manipulating the media more than anybody. In fact, they are being paid lots and lots of money already to do that as part of his defense.


Ridiculous! Considering DSK has already been declared guilty in the American media with several oft-repeated disparaging claims. Trying to paint anyone who points out the obvious coup that occurred with this case as a 'rapist defender' is hyperbole.




posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Several pages ago Incrediblelousminds suggested this incident could be related to world leaders' possible desire to have a representative from the developing world head the IMF.

Yesterday, Britain endorsed French Finance Minister Christine Legarde for the position. Meanwhile, weeks ago British Prime Minister David Cameron suggested that it may be time to have a candidate from the developing world.

Just a few years ago, before the world recession, this may have been a fairly quiet position. Today, strong voices are weighing in on who should take the role next.

The fact that powerful people are blatantly invested in the IMF's leadership makes the DSK case suspicious.

www.reuters.com...



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
At this point, I suspect DSK will likely be acquitted. Whether or not he is guilty is irrelevant at this point, as far as the courts are concerned. His name is being dragged through the mud in the media in a typical smear campaign, which succeeded in strong-arming him enough to force hm to step down from his very powerful position as the head of the IMF. Notice they only granted him bail AFTER he stepped down.It's note-worthy that his bail and bond ($6 mil US) is one of the highest in history. A typical accused rapist in NYC gets bail about about $50k.

The accuser Dialo is likely being used by the authorities. The notion that they care AT ALL about her well-being is absurd. Rape charges are generally ignored by the NYPD, and certainly not acted upon in such a quick manner ( a matter of hours!?!). She may very well have been attacked by DSK in the way she claims, or there may be a lot more going on under the surface. But none of that matters to the PTB who seized on this opportunity to get an anti-US economist away from the mechanisms of control of one of the most powerful financial institutions in the world.

ETA: In addition, the theory that this is also payback to Sarkozy for his participation in the invasion of Libya seems reasonable. Sarkozy is polling at record low numbers, and DSK was widely expected to be the next French President. I still suspect American interests lead this coup, but the sarkozy connection certainly fits.



edit on 22-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
More evidence of the clearly biased smear campaign in the US media against DSK:

The village voice 'reports' some unsubstantiated rumors:



​Dominique Strauss-Kahn cast a wider net last week than we thought. He reportedly tried to lure two hotel employees to his suite at the Sofitel New York, and following his alleged assault on a maid, he lewdly hit on a flight attendant. This was following the alleged assault. In New York Post-ese, "This frog was one horny toad."

First, DSK tried to get the receptionist who escorted him to his room at the Sofitel to join him for a drink after her shift was over. She refused. The next day, he tried the same thing on another receptionist, inviting her up to drink his complimentary bottle of Dom Perignon with him. She also refused.


No names, no evidence, just some more rumors. I guess this passes as 'news' in the states these days. I mean, perhaps these allegations are also true. How is it news? "News" would be about the various layer of power at play here. Reporting information that paints him as a potential sex offender in the press is SUSPECT!

blogs.villagevoice.com...



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
Several pages ago Incrediblelousminds suggested this incident could be related to world leaders' possible desire to have a representative from the developing world head the IMF.

Yesterday, Britain endorsed French Finance Minister Christine Legarde for the position. Meanwhile, weeks ago British Prime Minister David Cameron suggested that it may be time to have a candidate from the developing world.

Just a few years ago, before the world recession, this may have been a fairly quiet position. Today, strong voices are weighing in on who should take the role next.

The fact that powerful people are blatantly invested in the IMF's leadership makes the DSK case suspicious.

www.reuters.com...


"The fact that powerful people are blatantly invested in the IMF's leadership makes the DSK case suspicious."

Understatement. I don't think the real players in this will become clear (or clearer) until the new IMF Chief is selected, and more reliable "facts" about the case are released to the public.

I suspect the average American is not aware that this is a huge story, not for its prurient aspects, but because of its impact on world economics/finance.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
At this point, I suspect DSK will likely be acquitted. Whether or not he is guilty is irrelevant at this point, as far as the courts are concerned. His name is being dragged through the mud in the media in a typical smear campaign, which succeeded in strong-arming him enough to force hm to step down from his very powerful position as the head of the IMF. Notice they only granted him bail AFTER he stepped down.It's note-worthy that his bail and bond ($6 mil US) is one of the highest in history. A typical accused rapist in NYC gets bail about about $50k.

The accuser Dialo is likely being used by the authorities. The notion that they care AT ALL about her well-being is absurd. Rape charges are generally ignored by the NYPD, and certainly not acted upon in such a quick manner ( a matter of hours!?!). She may very well have been attacked by DSK in the way she claims, or there may be a lot more going on under the surface. But none of that matters to the PTB who seized on this opportunity to get an anti-US economist away from the mechanisms of control of one of the most powerful financial institutions in the world.

ETA: In addition, the theory that this is also payback to Sarkozy for his participation in the invasion of Libya seems reasonable. Sarkozy is polling at record low numbers, and DSK was widely expected to be the next French President. I still suspect American interests lead this coup, but the sarkozy connection certainly fits.


I agree. I will be surprised if DSK is actually convicted of anything serious, if anything at all. They will probably use some legal technicality to dismiss the case. The mission of removing DSK as head of IMF has been accomplished.

DSK is being so thoroughly smeared in the media, I don't think he will be running for any office soon. Because if he does, this entire case will be rehashed in public, along with his previous bad sexual history and the even nastier rumors.

As for poor Nafissatou Diallo, I stand with my previous assessment that this woman was probably blackmailed into this -- probably with threats of having her "political asylum" status revoked and the deportation that would follow.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This whole issue is HUGE. It's coup of one of the largest financial institutions in the world, and yet the VAST majority of those on ATS are arguing about Obama's birth certificate! Distraction Accomplished!

I suspect it may be due to most people's total ignorance of what the IMF actually is, and the specifics of it's functions over the past decade or so. They've been told the IMF are 'evil' so they just brush it aside.
edit on 22-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The smear campaign is in full effect there is no doubt for me. Others women are trying to sue him, then not sue him, then you have Jay Leno mocking him in his show and so on. It's all about casting doubt in your mind. information-disinformation and half-truths.Let's not forget the unsual $1M bail.There is far too many things that add up for one to yell "wolf".
edit on 22-5-2011 by themaster1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I totally agree. This is ABSOLUTELY all about casting doubt, and suspicions, half-truths and outright lies.

But clearly, the French elite and their boot lickers are utterly above such behaviour.

Oh...wait....they may have invented it.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
The smear campaign is in full effect there is no doubt for me. Others women are trying to sue him, then not sue him, then you have Jay Leno mocking him in his show and so on. It's all about casting doubt in your mind. information-disinformation and half-truths.Let's not forget the unsual $1M bail.There is far too many things that add up for one to yell "wolf".


Yes, $1M bail, $5M insurance bond, 24 hr monitoring/security that will cost DSK about $200,000 a month.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I totally agree. This is ABSOLUTELY all about casting doubt, and suspicions, half-truths and outright lies.

But clearly, the French elite and their boot lickers are utterly above such behaviour.

Oh...wait....they may have invented it.


Can you elaborate on what you are getting at here? I'm not quite sure who or what you are talking about. You hate the French?



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
These elitist are so used to be molly coddled that the idea that they might need to avoid the appearance of impropriety never even occurs to them.

Their defenders and fellow Charlie Sheens (of course a rich man should be able to buy his way out of trouble!) assures them that it would never even be necessary to act like....well...a decent human being.

Getting caught with your pants down in public is your own damn fault.

He could stay in jail. That'd provide free security AND free room and board.

I grieve for his plight.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 

Indeed, many Americans are focusing on the gripping storyline of the wealthy, lecherous Socialist elitist attacking the poor, vulnerable immigrant single mother. Much of America seems to believe that story being spun by every major American media network right now. It's an excellent distraction from the larger picture of what more than likely occurred here. A powerful man dethroned to the benefit of American far-right Nationalist interests. I mean, it reads like a novel. Like someone wrote the script.

It's unfortunate that the alleged victim is likely being used yet again by those who seek to make this a very public case. I wish all rape cases were responded to with such quickness and vigor by the NYPD. This woman is indeed very lucky that her alleged allegations were taken so seriously so quickly, and that an arrest was made within hours of her claim. That is indeed impressive. I suspect the majority of rape victims are not granted such attention, but then again, not all rape victims, alleged or otherwise are accusing a person who is as serious an enemy to the US financial interests as Straus-Kahn.

Do I think he may have done it? Sure. It hardly seems out of the realm of possibility, considering at leats one claim of similar aggressive behavior surfaced years ago. OF course, when one is keeping an open mind, they can see many OTHER possibilities as well.

But, again, that is what is SO perfect about this case for those who seek to defame DSK. IT allows them t paint ANYONE who points out that there may be more going on here than meets the eye as a boot licking rape sympathizer who clearly despises women. That's the story on basically every news channel i'm watching, and the overwhelming opinion on most message boards. Why, considering many of the things being 'reported' in this case, you would think the news had access to FAR more evidence than they actually do.

So, in conclusion, I suspect you are right. There is nothing to see here, move along.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
He'll have the best defense money can buy. The best PR team that money can buy. More influence than just about any body could ever hope for.

You'll excuse me if I don't mourn that people notice his distinct advantages and don't cry for his plight. He'll already have more going for him, and his PR team appears to be in full swing for destroying this woman. I'm not impressed.

I'm glad that others are picking up on it.

If he's innocent he'll have the best of the best. If he isn't, he may still get off. Either way, his plight doesn't move me.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
He'll have the best defense money can buy. The best PR team that money can buy. More influence than just about any body could ever hope for.

You'll excuse me if I don't mourn that people notice his distinct advantages and don't cry for his plight. He'll already have more going for him, and his PR team appears to be in full swing for destroying this woman. I'm not impressed.

I'm glad that others are picking up on it.

If he's innocent he'll have the best of the best. If he isn't, he may still get off. Either way, his plight doesn't move me.


You know, I've read this entire thread, and I dont see a single person 'defending' or 'mourning' his alleged actions.

I DO see you coming back to repeatedly imply (or outright say) that anyone who points out that there is likely FAR, far more going on here than the alleged sexual assault charges is somehow 'defending' rape.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
She lives in an AIDS complex.
She's been paid.
She's been blackmailed.
She was set up.
How could it happen when another worker was in the same suite?

I could dredge up more of the scurrilous insinuations. I'm sure this captures the general trend at least.

Insinuation - when one doesn't have truth on one's side, it is the next best thing.


edit on 2011/5/22 by Aeons because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
It's predjudice to say this but...She is a single mother, who is a US immigrant and living in an AIDS shelter.

This man is a millionaire, who is married... If he wanted sex that bad, he could afford to pay a beautiful lady to come directly to his door.Plus he called the hotel TWICE asking about his lost phone....


You must not know at all what you are talking about here.

He wouldn't have known anything about her living in an AIDS shelter.

You might safely guess that she was single, had kids, and was an immigrant because she worked as a hotel maid. People who stay in hotels frequently know that the maids are immigrants, with more illegals than legals.

However, that would make her vulnerable, a 'powerless person' and thus a relatively safe target for a rapist. Most of the time, they aren't brave enough to come forward. You can't blame them because it kicks off a long and arduous process after something they'd probably rather just try to forget.

Rape is not generally about sexual release for horny people. Go read at least a basic overview of the academic literature. It's mostly about power.

In that sort of most common case its about somebody who needs to violate and humiliate and dominate another person in order to feel powerful.

To pay a woman for sex is to not have any power over her. She has the power, or you wouldn't be paying her. Or her pimp has the power. In either case, you don't have the power to just take her and use her however you feel like.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Ridiculous! Considering DSK has already been declared guilty in the American media with several oft-repeated disparaging claims. Trying to paint anyone who points out the obvious coup that occurred with this case as a 'rapist defender' is hyperbole.


What's ridiculous is your gross mischaracterization of what I've written and why.

Is English not your first language or do you have no excuse?

You don't even know what a coup is. There is no "obvious coup."

When powerful people stumble, other powerful people make their move. That's just being opportunistic.

For it to be a coup, the entire thing would have to be a setup by people who are ready to take power, and while it is possible, it is not at all "obvious."

At this point, there seems to be a real power struggle over the position, rather than a clear option. This obviously suggests disorganized opportunism rather than a coup.

It's not even an appropriate term really in that the IMF is not the sort of organization where the 'head' wields all the power.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1Let's not forget the unsual $1M bail.There is far too many things that add up for one to yell "wolf".


You do know that bail is about providing security against making a run for it, right?

This is like fines in the NBA. It's worthless to fine somebody $5000 to discourage bad behavior when they make $10 million a year. And when they don't like billionaire Mark Cuban's behavior, they give him the biggest fines they've ever given anybody. One was like ~$250,000. They have to or it's pointless as a deterrent.

Nobody can make a run for it and hide like someone with a lot of money...

While I doubt DSK would 'run for it' at this point(maybe later, if the trial goes poorly for him), it is completely appropriate to set bail to match his wealth. If anything, it's low by those standards because he probably does value his freedom at a much higher cash price. His legal team will make more money off of this than those costs, for example, and that is money you never get back.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Ridiculous! Considering DSK has already been declared guilty in the American media with several oft-repeated disparaging claims. Trying to paint anyone who points out the obvious coup that occurred with this case as a 'rapist defender' is hyperbole.


What's ridiculous is your gross mischaracterization of what I've written and why.

Is English not your first language or do you have no excuse?

You don't even know what a coup is. There is no "obvious coup."

When powerful people stumble, other powerful people make their move. That's just being opportunistic.

For it to be a coup, the entire thing would have to be a setup by people who are ready to take power, and while it is possible, it is not at all "obvious."



At this point, there seems to be a real power struggle over the position, rather than a clear option. This obviously suggests disorganized opportunism rather than a coup.

It's not even an appropriate term really in that the IMF is not the sort of organization where the 'head' wields all the power.


I suggest you dig a bit deeper. No one is defending Straus-Kahns actions. Certainly not me. That's a distraction.

I'm not even suggesting that DSK's removal was a bad thing. It might be a great move. I don't really know. What I am more interested in highlighting is the way in which the US media is guiding this story.



more insight into why the Americans would have a vested interest in taking DSK down.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn Was Tying to Torpedo the Dollar



www.informationclearinghouse.info...


"The International Monetary Fund issued a report Thursday on a possible replacement for the dollar as the world's reserve currency

.


The IMF said Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs, could help stabilize the global financial system....SDRs represent potential claims on the currencies of IMF members.....

The IMF typically lends countries funds denominated in SDRs. While they are not a tangible currency, some economists argue that SDRs could be used as a less volatile alternative to the U.S. dollar. "Over time, there may also be a role for the SDR to contribute to a more stable international monetary system," he said.


money.cnn.com...

edit on 23-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics


active topics

 
65
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

log in

join