It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is NOT Facebook!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wasn't going to make this but after weeks of getting on here and getting annoyed to no end and spending most my normal ATS time alerting for one line thread posts with a link I had to.

This is NOT facebook!!!

Why is it so hard to post something from the article you link to? It takes less than a minute to do so and it is also ATS rules to do so AND to offer your opinion and thoughts on your post.

I am soooooo sick of clicking on threads and it being one line like "oh wow check this out" or "what do you think of this" and NOTHING else besides that but a damn link!

There have been many threads that could be AWESOME threads but the OP is lazy and doesn't do anything to make it a good thread then you get all the idiot childish comments like you see on FB. This is NOT FB! Sure you can post a link and a witty one liner but this is NOT FB! Please contribute to your own damn threads and please stop with the immature comments that follow.

I have only been on ATS a little over 2yrs and it was never like this before! I use to love reading threads now i barely read any because they are just ridiculous with no thought or anything put into them. I am not going to make your thread for you and neither should anyone else!

Then when you do have ones that have thought and effort put into them they are lost amongst the boards between renegade dolphins, Osama is Obama, cloaked alien ships, this is why aliens don't visit (how many threads do we need on this), prediction after FAILED prediction, I'm an alien, I talk to aliens, negative blood types are gonna be abducted (HOW did this get so much attention!), OMG the world is gonna end (insert date) and all the other slew of idiotic posts that use to never be on here. Yes they were but NOT like they are now. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I love ATS and honestly the content has gone down the tubes. I only really read those in my friends feed because I know their threads are top quality and they actually contribute not make bogus posts.

Do you people not care about what you post or is it just like FB to you because that is exactly how it seems and how do I know this? Im on FB just as much as I am ATS and I see how people post on there and here and its eerily similar!

This site use to have great content and now it just seems like people post anything they see. Do you not know what kind of site this is? Do you need attention? Are you even into the topics on here or is it just fun for you? For many of us it isn't fun it's serious, topics we care about and the lot of you are making dumb crap up! I wont even go on about the alien and ufo forum (RIP) it's insane. Youtube is not a reliable source for videos and for heavens sake if you are going to post from there please watch your own video and do some research before you post it! I have seen maybe 2 vids in the last 6mth that were worthy everything else is obvious planes, birds or lights. I mean really posting a video of a damn runway where planes coming in and calling them UFOs should get you banned for stupidity!

Ok.....I had to get this out. Sorry if I sound harsh but my god I haven't been home all that long and everything i have clicked on is crap one liner threads! Take pride in your posts!

If you dont like my RANT go to the non rant forums. This is where I go to vent since it is the rant forum

edit on 5/14/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add the original post since I got all clicker happy.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Agreed!

What has happened to the ATS I knew, loved and respected????

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Actually, if you think about it, once ATS went FB..........

I believe there lies the problem.......

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Is that alien giving me the finger?

I always think he's giving "THE" finger when I see your posts.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

Is that alien giving me the finger?

I always think he's giving "THE" finger when I see your posts.

HAHA yea it looks like that doesn't it

Nah it's PAUL! Great movie by the way, if you havent seen it I highly suggest it.. It is hilarious!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Facebook = Fail

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
Facebook = Fail

This contributes how?

FB is only fail if you don't use it right.

It is a great way to connect with family and friends if you dont post your entire life on there for the world to see.

I have found family I never knew i had because of FB and I also found my best friend who I lost contact with years ago via FB so no FB is not fail. It's a fail if you are an idiot and post your life on there for the world to see.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

We used to only get this kind of content during school holidays and then afterwards we could settle back down to some intelligent postings. It feels like the kids have been off for too long now.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What this Facedbook?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I completely agree. I've noticed that the quality of threads have been increasingly going downhill lately. I noticed some of it happened when the fiasco with GLP going down happened and more traffic moved here. But if I put on my CT tin foil hat I'd say it has to do with the increased media attention ATS has been getting in addition to a rise in shill and psyops accounts. Both which are trying to intentionally bury worthwhile threads in garbage making it harder to find the real information.

I think new users should not be allowed to start new threads until they've received x number of stars from mods, staff, admin, and/or users whom themselves have also amassed x number of stars. I know the notion comes off as elitist. But it would definitely help weed out the wheat from the shaft and cut back greatly on the number of poorly construct FB style threads.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I agree with your rant...
Being on ATS since '07, but a lurker longer. I come and go from time to time, observing different news and come across the different trends of users from just reading or replying.

I believe because so many people, new and unfamiliar to message board systems(or even didn't use the net when it was just BBS), being so used to blogging, tweeting, what have you, they feel message boards are the same. Are they just lazy people? Possibly! Everything from not reading the OP's post or replies to I just... wanting stars. Thinking maybe ATS is a popularity contest similar to how many friends you have on social network sites. Maybe new users should be required to go over site rules, not saying all of them ignore the advice given by mods, but something more may need to be done to help.
I'll admit, even I've violated them by accident. EX.,As searching for a topic to see if it's been posted already can be hard to do!

Also,
"second line"* added after a short sentence posts =

Surfing for stars or attention with witty comments, when you really have nothing to say is not contributing well.
*That's more appropriate to the BTS (section that used to be on it's own, now merged with ATS) that could be confusing to some also.
edit on 14-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
where is the like button...how will anyone know how i feel without a damn like button

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You forgot the reptilian rape threads. I was agreeing with you until you left out reptilian rape.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hey OP I feel 'ya but there's only one way to fight it...

Get out there and create some awesome threads and give us an alternative!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

lol thats a healthy rant. yeah sometimes people get to excited and just wanna post before actually looking. it happens

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
I completely agree. I've noticed that the quality of threads have been increasingly going downhill lately. I noticed some of it happened when the fiasco with GLP going down happened and more traffic moved here. But if I put on my CT tin foil hat I'd say it has to do with the increased media attention ATS has been getting in addition to a rise in shill and psyops accounts. Both which are trying to intentionally bury worthwhile threads in garbage making it harder to find the real information.

I think new users should not be allowed to start new threads until they've received x number of stars from mods, staff, admin, and/or users whom themselves have also amassed x number of stars. I know the notion comes off as elitist. But it would definitely help weed out the wheat from the shaft and cut back greatly on the number of poorly construct FB style threads.

I agree on posting restrictions til you prove you can post! I know some think it's wrong but it would eliminate the crap on here. It use to be done when she was over like another member said but well it's been constant. I know when a site gets more attention more people will come to it and join but they should keep their content the way it has always been, pretty damn good. Now it's just like reading FB news feeds half the time.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bikinisunday

lol thats a healthy rant. yeah sometimes people get to excited and just wanna post before actually looking. it happens

No offense but you just joined so I highly doubt you see where I am coming from.

People need to look before they post and actually research what they post. This site use to be very different.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
You forgot the reptilian rape threads. I was agreeing with you until you left out reptilian rape.

Holy crap please don't tell me there is a thread with that...lol

Thank god I missed it!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Hey OP I feel 'ya but there's only one way to fight it...

Get out there and create some awesome threads and give us an alternative!!!

I don't make threads because I don't have a computer where I can

I use to make threads plus I don't have time to make threads right now and keep up with them which is something I feel the OP should do.

Believe me when I get my new laptop I can't wait to make threads! I have a list of subjects to do mostly in U/A and Space Exploration. Most of the things I am interested in have been threaded to death so I don't see the point in making more threads on something that has already been done.

I am working on my Endeavour thread since I will be there! If my computer messes up while making it I will die! I don't have my laptop (it died) I'm on my roommates and it is horribly slow and doesn't have the programs I use to make threads so it makes it really hard to make them esp when it freezes and crashes. I started making a few threads but this computer isn't very thread friendly lol

DAMN YOUR AVY! lol
hehe

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thank you for making this thread!!!
I am soooo sick of the morons on here who can't seem to read or know the damn rules.
The attentions seekers....the morons who post...hey thanks star and flag.
Seriously...if you have NOTHING to add then shut the hell up and keep yer posts to yourself.!!!!
This is NOT facebook!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join