It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain in my chest, what could it be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For the last 2 weeks now ive had a very weird feeling in the left side of my chest, its a strange kind of pain feeling as if a muscle or something was stuck out of place and wanting to "click back into place"... its not the kind of pain you get if you hit your finger and not the type of pain to make your go "OUCH!" or a socking pain.

its tends to be more painful if i bend over to the right, just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? not decided if i am going to the doctor yet as there is no other side effects, just the pain, i was hoping it would clear up by itself. but i aint no medical expert.

picture of where pain is located

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Do you smoke?

2 weeks of chest pain? Go see a doctor!

OnlyLove.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
go on NHS direct and go through your symptoms online, or call them and they will advise your on whether to seek medical attention..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Dear ltop1,

You say you are not a doctor, you should go see one. This is not the place to get medical advice, random people here not all physicians. At a minimum there are websited like WebMD that allow you to list your symptoms, much better place for this type of question, they might have an answer you can rely on.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i had some pains a few weeks ago that were a little further down. It lasted a whole day. I quit smoking right after that and it hasn't come back since. lol

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
First I would like to say, do not take the advice of anyone on the forum, unless they're a doctor. And you cannot be sure of that...Plus you need to probably be examined. Unless of course that advice is to seek medical attention. That is about where your heart is located, and it is much better to be safe than sorry. A doctor will be able to listen to your heart and judge whether it is serious or not.

That is the only advice I am comfortable giving...Even doctors are wrong quite a bit, but even so, that's your best bet.
Good luck, and no offense to anyone on the boards.
edit on 5/14/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ive never smoked in my life and very very rarely drink alchohol, maybe onces every couple of months, ill check the online symptom checker

by the way the photo isnt me lol, just one i got off google images.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The pain is likely being caused by the breast bone, at points it can become uncomfortable, usually it's nothing to worry about. It can be caused by anything from sleeping in an awkward position, to a powerful cough.

Remember, the breast bone is the hub, a connection to a lot of bones in the chest, and it can often times have strained connections from a variety of reasons.

The "clicking" feeling is classic breast bone strain. Again, I can't be positive, but that's my thought on it. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I only tapped on this thread because.. .My wife was complaining about that same area of her chest hurting monday.. And what I thought was strange is the next day I had pain in that spot and hers was gone..
hehehhe I know I know,, and No I am not..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You need to go to a doctor, nobody here can diagnosis you.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Any chest pain should be considered a medical emergency and you should see a doctor or physician immediately.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes, please see a Dr. as soon as possible. It's the left side of your body and a pain, could mean a heart issue and that's not one to take lightly. Whether it's serious or not, better safe than sorry and yes these things can happen(heart attacks) can happen to younger, non smokers, healthy eaters, etc.
edit on 14-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Check your blood pressure when this happens. I get these pains when my blood pressure is up Most people have no idea their blood pressure is up, but some are supersensitive like me. I get chest pains dizziness and neseau.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Someone put a knife in your back?
I have the same pain, too, from a knife in mine (metaphorically speaking).

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Go to a doctor or hospital...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join