It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bent Eurovision and why we will never win.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

That would explain a lot .

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
reply to post by JakiusFogg

That would explain a lot .

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Eurovision makes me ashamed to be European... It's embarrassing and pathetic... The ancient romans and greeks are rolling in their graves right now...

Socrates: "Can you modern people become anymore gay than you already are? It's pathetic!"
Me: "Unfortunately, it gets a lot more gayer... I feel sorry for all you honourable people that tried to make humans a great and intelligent race..."

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I haven't watched the eurovision but if those useless conjoined twins called jedward have won then it really is rigged , I know they are not really conjoined but they might as well be.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Lol, you are welcome to come get plastered with us

I agree, no self respecting band would want to even touch eurovision as it really is a career killer.
I wish Bill Bailey got in the other year. I heard he was running for our entry just for laughs but I didn't hear anything after that.

don't know if I totally agree with you about Eurovision being a career killer. Abba did fine after Eurovision, Brotherhood of Man did OK, Johnny Logan did OK, and Alexander Rybak is still with us too. But I would agree with you, this year's Eurovision was nothing to write home about. And for the death of me, I can't understand why Israel is in the Eurovision contest.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

This year Baltic states didnt vote greatly for eachother.
Even Finland and Estonia voted for eachother with 7.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

Originally posted by Noviz

Lol, you are welcome to come get plastered with us

I agree, no self respecting band would want to even touch eurovision as it really is a career killer.
I wish Bill Bailey got in the other year. I heard he was running for our entry just for laughs but I didn't hear anything after that.

don't know if I totally agree with you about Eurovision being a career killer. Abba did fine after Eurovision, Brotherhood of Man did OK, Johnny Logan did OK, and Alexander Rybak is still with us too. But I would agree with you, this year's Eurovision was nothing to write home about. And for the death of me, I can't understand why Israel is in the Eurovision contest.

Have you ever heard 99% of the singers/bands that perform in the competition ever again? Ok Abba is a big exception but that was ages ago when Eurovision was considered to be good (or atleast better than it is today).... I really mean Eurovision of the last 10 years. Unless you win Eurovision, or come a close second or third then it is definitely a career killer... maybe not for other European countries I guess but for England this is true.
If you look at the UK's ten last entries, all of their careers have died.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Israel's football team play in the European qualifying stage for safety reasons and because pretty much everyone else in the Middle East refuse to play them. Maybe it's the same in Eurovision? Do the Middle East have their own singing competition and refuse to let Israel enter or something? That's the only reason I can think of why they're allowed in Eurovision.

Also, IIRC Azerbaijan is technically in Europe (depending on what definition of 'Europe' you use). How that song won is beyond me though.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Even the people giving out the scores knew how rediculous it was.

The amount of times we heard them say

And the twelve points goes to DA DA DA DAAAAAA!!! whoever was insane!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here's the real question:
Who really cares about the Eurovision Song Contest?

Me, I always use it as an excuse to get drunk and laugh at all the awful music. Who cares who wins?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

I think its more to do with the people put forward to represent us. Blue ffs....they have always been pretty naff IMO.

People who have a decent music career dont need the money or the fame it could bring, thats why its always has beens.

Everything is to do with money.
Why put a decent singer who could potentially make millions when you can put some 90s singers there to do the job and will love and appreciate you for the opportunity to rekindle their music career.

Its all nonsense to be honest......its called a moron box for a reason you know haha

you brits are lucky...here is the states, we have lots and lots of "reality" shows....i simply can't watch them, i feel like i'm losing brain cells by the second, when i happen to come across one. give me a good story, with believable actors, that's all i ask for a little time of escape via the telly.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Jedward or John & Edward were my favorites....

I also liked France, Switzerland and Finland

Russis started off really well singing in Russian but then lost the plot the minute he sung in English!

All the rest were garbage
edit on 15-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sorry i'm in a rush and didn't read all the pages. I'm from Finland and yes.... your song sucked, sorry... (Ours was not so good either).

But what did catch my eyes was the finnish YLE translator (YLE = finnish BBC) saying something along the lines of "The original song from UK got cancelled and BBC chose this artist to represent them". What happened over there?

Also, "Al Qaeda" missed a big opportunity haha... Imagine how a dirty nuke / bomb would have affected in this years Eurovision at Dusseldorf? o_o

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Only the fool watches Eurovision and expects a fair, legitimate contest. It's analogous to watching Paris Hilton and expecting her to say something intelligent.

Three Words...
NEVER...GONNA...HAPPEN!

Just get drunk, laugh and thank your stars that you're not them.... Like we do!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join